collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 384469 times)

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #3550 on: August 20, 2021, 07:11:22 PM »
https://twitter.com/ashtonpittman/status/1428841380126855172?s=21

MSDH: "At least 70% of the recent calls (to poison control) have been related to ingestion of livestock or animal formulations of ivermectin purchased at livestock supply centers."
People are dumb

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3551 on: August 20, 2021, 09:29:53 PM »
People are dumb

Wait a minute, I was told to approach these folks with grace and understanding.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3552 on: August 20, 2021, 11:31:04 PM »
People are dumb

Let’s be more specific. A certain subset of people are dumb. Really dumb.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3553 on: August 21, 2021, 07:21:27 AM »
Wait a minute, I was told to approach these folks with grace and understanding.
Whoever told you that was dumb

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3554 on: August 21, 2021, 07:23:35 AM »
Let’s be more specific. A certain subset of people are dumb. Really dumb.
I think a whole lot of people are dumb, but I guess I can agree that within that group, some people are dumber than others.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3555 on: August 21, 2021, 09:50:42 AM »
https://twitter.com/ashtonpittman/status/1428841380126855172?s=21

MSDH: "At least 70% of the recent calls (to poison control) have been related to ingestion of livestock or animal formulations of ivermectin purchased at livestock supply centers."
Yes, but they are poisoning themselves for only $3.00/dose, so it is totally a good deal. Or so I have been told.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3556 on: August 22, 2021, 08:27:54 AM »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3557 on: August 22, 2021, 11:08:13 AM »
Well, guys, I found it: The single worst take on vaccinations yet to be published.
Enjoy!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/paul-klee-showing-vaccination-papers-035400738.html

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3558 on: August 22, 2021, 05:47:07 PM »
The people we should treat with patience, grace and understanding:

Man threatens Springfield Walmart workers, tells them they will be executed for administering vaccines
Andrew Sullender
Springfield News-Leader

Livestreaming on Facebook, a man known online as the "vaccine police" harassed pharmacists at a Walmart in Springfield — saying the workers would be "executed" for administering the COVID-19 vaccine.
Invited from Alabama to last week's Mercy hospital rally, Christopher Key is an entrepreneur who came to prominence after convincing Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis to use his "deer antler spray" to treat his injury.
In recent months, Key has been speaking out against the COVID-19 vaccine. And since the Saturday rally, he has been in Springfield.
Monday evening, Key and his "Missouri crew" entered the Walmart Supercenter west of Springfield on Sunshine Street. Making a beeline to their pharmacy, Key yelled that he was putting the store's workers "on notice."
By the time Key and his group of about a half dozen reached the pharmacy, staff had locked the door, closed the window, and were hiding in the room.
"You are being put on notice!" he shouted outside the door. "And if they give one more vaccine, as of this day after being put on notice, then they can be hung up. And they can be executed."

https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/politics/2021/08/18/man-tells-springfield-walmart-pharmacy-they-executed-vaccinations-christopher-key/8160309002/

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3559 on: August 22, 2021, 07:13:53 PM »
The best part of the article?

They prayed in the parking lot before going in to tell the pharmacist that he was going to be murdered.

They haven’t just corrupted politics and medicine. They are working to destroy religion. Can anyone tell me the difference between American Christians and Taliban Muslims?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3560 on: August 22, 2021, 07:43:34 PM »
They haven’t just corrupted politics and medicine. They are working to destroy religion. Can anyone tell me the difference between American Christians and Taliban Muslims?

Awesome job trying to make a dumb analogy by comparing a group of 200 million Christians to a militant sect of 50-100K radical Muslims.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3561 on: August 22, 2021, 08:53:44 PM »
Anyone think it's f'ed up that we're going to be getting booster shots before other countries even get a 1st shot? And that the only reason we need boosters - Delta variant - is around because other countries can't get access to the vaccine?

I *heart* the pharmaceutical industry (and pols without a backbone)

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3562 on: August 22, 2021, 09:00:24 PM »
Anyone think it's f'ed up that we're going to be getting booster shots before other countries even get a 1st shot? And that the only reason we need boosters - Delta variant - is around because other countries can't get access to the vaccine?

I *heart* the pharmaceutical industry (and pols without a backbone)

I'm really torn on this one for a number of reasons, beyond simply the aspects you list above.

A good friend who is an emergency pediatrician in one of the areas super hard-hit by all this, is very outspoken against getting boosters, both for the morality aspect, but also based on the data guiding the decision to roll out boosters now.

Frankly, there is a lot of data I'd like to see, but haven't regarding the efficacy of the boosters and a long-term plan to continue to prevent adverse outcomes.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3563 on: August 23, 2021, 08:04:40 AM »

@drbobe57
Our meta-analysis of survival for ivermectin had to be retracted after one of the main studies was suspected of medical fraud.  With the revised version, there is no statistically significant survival benefit for ivermectin.  So the original version should not be quoted.

https://twitter.com/DrAndrewHill/status/1427637882773196826?s=19

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #3564 on: August 23, 2021, 08:05:33 AM »

@drbobe57
Our meta-analysis of survival for ivermectin had to be retracted after one of the main studies was suspected of medical fraud.  With the revised version, there is no statistically significant survival benefit for ivermectin.  So the original version should not be quoted.

https://twitter.com/DrAndrewHill/status/1427637882773196826?s=19

Have they talked to dentists who follow Qanon?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3565 on: August 23, 2021, 08:40:52 AM »
@Sarah_Boxer: Unvaccinated people cost US health system $2.3 billion in hospitalizations in June and July alone, analysis shows. Kaiser Family Foundation notes the # is likely an *understatement.* https://cnn.it/3kkgLoG via @CNN

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3566 on: August 23, 2021, 08:54:09 AM »
The Pfizer booster shot boosts protection against infection by five to six times, after 10 days.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-finds-covid-19-vaccine-booster-significantly-lowers-infection-risk-2021-08-22/
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 09:06:38 AM by Pakuni »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3567 on: August 23, 2021, 09:05:28 AM »
Full FDA approval for Pfizer.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3568 on: August 23, 2021, 09:09:58 AM »
Great news: Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine is granted full approval by the FDA.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-covid-19-vaccine

This will help businesses, school districts and other groups more easily justify mandates, as one of the lame defenses was, "They shouldn't be able to force us to take an experimental drug."

So now it's no longer experimental. And nobody was "forcing" anybody to do anything -- it was still a choice:

People have a choice to get vaccinated or not; if they choose not to, they are free to find another ____ (fill in the blank: employer, mode of travel, entertainment venue, university, etc).
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3569 on: August 23, 2021, 09:25:26 AM »
Mandates are coming.

Lawsuits will follow.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3570 on: August 23, 2021, 09:33:37 AM »
Mandates are coming.

Lawsuits will follow.

Maybe lawsuits against governmental bodies mandating vaccines, though would it be any easier to win a suit against a mandate for a fully-approved COVID vaccine than mandates for the measles vaccine?

And I don't see how a private business could be sued successfully for mandating vaccines.

Of course, you said nothing about success, only that lawsuits will follow. And this being America, you're probably right.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3571 on: August 23, 2021, 09:54:41 AM »
Full FDA approval for Pfizer.
I hope that has at least some positive impact on changing the minds of the vaccine hesitant folks. Even a 1% impact is a start.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #3572 on: August 23, 2021, 09:56:52 AM »
Awesome job trying to make a dumb analogy by comparing a group of 200 million Christians to a militant sect of 50-100K radical Muslims.

I'd say he was grouping closer to 90-100million (estimate of evangelical Christians) not the entirety of Christian America
Maigh Eo for Sam

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #3573 on: August 23, 2021, 10:37:54 AM »
Maybe lawsuits against governmental bodies mandating vaccines, though would it be any easier to win a suit against a mandate for a fully-approved COVID vaccine than mandates for the measles vaccine?

And I don't see how a private business could be sued successfully for mandating vaccines.

Of course, you said nothing about success, only that lawsuits will follow. And this being America, you're probably right.

Remind me.  Haven't there already been a couple of failed lawsuits filed by some healthcare workers who were about to lose their jobs?

I think I agree with the notion that it'll never be 'mandatory' on a national level but that individual businesses will be able to require it as a condition of employment or attendance/participation.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3574 on: August 23, 2021, 10:43:35 AM »
Remind me.  Haven't there already been a couple of failed lawsuits filed by some healthcare workers who were about to lose their jobs?

I think I agree with the notion that it'll never be 'mandatory' on a national level but that individual businesses will be able to require it as a condition of employment or attendance/participation.

I don't believe I've read about a successful suit, but I'm not a lawyer and I don't track these things.