[Today at 11:48:54 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 10:43:15 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by Its DJOver
[Today at 10:35:46 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Nice Win  (Read 2370 times)

nyg

• All American
Nice Win
« on: December 06, 2008, 10:36:33 PM »
Up by seven with two minutes to go, Wisconsin made it too close for comfort. Hayward and Acker missing free throws, whew....  Great defense in second half and the crowd appeared to be fired up big time. McNeal was tremendous in second half, DJ in first half.  Buzz switching to zone was a key, Wisconsin started missing threes. If this team had a bigman, they would be dangerous.   Nice win.

reinko

• All American
Re: Nice Win
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 10:37:18 PM »
Up by seven with two minutes to go, Wisconsin made it too close for comfort. Hayward and Acker missing free throws, whew....  Great defense in second half and the crowd appeared to be fired up big time. McNeal was tremendous in second half, DJ in first half.  Buzz switching to zone was a key, Wisconsin started missing threes. If this team had a bigman, they would be dangerous.   Nice win.

+1

BaltimoreMC

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 10:39:51 PM »
LOVED THE ZONE!!!!  Maybe the did get some okay shots off of it, but it gave wisco a different look and caused them to go on their heels on offense.

On another note, we are such a better team if we don't take the easy early 3 - even if it's there, we're better off trying to get the ball inside and then seeing what happens (if nothing by the bucket - then kick it out for the three). 

NICE WIN!!!

mug644

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 10:43:52 PM »
On another note, we are such a better team if we don't take the easy early 3 - even if it's there, we're better off trying to get the ball inside and then seeing what happens (if nothing by the bucket - then kick it out for the three). 

NICE WIN!!!

Yes. And yes. Even when we moved the ball quickly in transition, being deliberate--meaning not simply taking the very first open shot--proved much more successful.

leglegle

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 10:45:22 PM »
Did we watch Buzz out coach Bo.  He amde the adjustments that turned the game.  A 1-3-1 where did that come from?  Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 10:50:07 PM »
When the chips were down the guys delivered.  They beat a team of grinders at their own game.

nycwarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 10:50:39 PM »
totally agree that we're way better when we don't jack up quick 3s. everything seems to work better.

great job by MU on the boards tonight.

hopefully tonight was a sign of things to come for JM. he was awesome in the second half. We've been waitin for him to have a game like tonight.

maxpower773

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 10:56:51 PM »
i couldn't believe it when the announcer said 1-3-1 defense, i've only ever heard that during a west virginia game.  good game by the team and coaches in this one.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 11:02:28 PM »
Great game!!  Great game to watch.  Nice job by a bunch of guys.

I want to mention Acker - I thought he played well within his role.  I thought he played great defense, hit his free throws (minus one huge one!), and ran the point well when James was taking a breather.  Obviously he's got a long way to go to have a large impact, but I liked his effort for this evening.

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 11:27:03 PM »
I think the zone may have won us the game....way to go BUZZ

CrazyEcho

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 11:35:53 PM »
Great game: 

1. Jerel was a stud . . . he played like he did against Stanford, but this time we actually pulled it out.

2. DJames carried us in the first half, but he still does stupid things like bail out the other team at the end of the shot-clock, or try to take a charge like at the end of the half (I say still b/c I keep thinking back to him fouling the Gtown three point shooter last year) . . . and he had more turnovers than normal . . . but, he helped us keep the game close in the first half. 

3. Wesley played within himself and didn't force things, which was good.

4. Lazar also had a good game, I've never seen someone so adept at scoring within 7 feet from the bucket . . .  not a lot of dunks, but if he gets the ball down there, he's scoring.

5. We sucked when we kept on jacking up threes in the first half, but we fixed that.

6. Our guards did a good job of not letting their guards pass into the post

As a Wisconsin resident who chose to go to Marquette instead of UW, this is the most important game of the season for me . . . and it means a lot that we won.

New Era Warriors

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 12:22:41 AM »
F THE BADGERS!!!! HAHAHAHA

ringoutahoya

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 01:06:48 PM »
F THE BADGERS!!!! HAHAHAHA

What an idiot...but seriously F the Badgers!