'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: For the positive  (Read 2605 times)

mviale

• All American
For the positive
« on: February 09, 2008, 03:04:28 PM »
Djames with a monster game ~ 23 pts, 6 assists and 1 TO
Barro ~ 12 boards
Hayward 23/11
Team 19 assists and 9 TO all game. Plus 8 steals
48% from 3 pt territory

Good enough to win at Home, not at ND.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

muwarrior87

• All American
Re: For the positive
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 03:09:15 PM »
all will build our road confidence. now we just need to get over the hump and get a road WIN!

nyg

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 03:10:11 PM »
Great positives.  Negatives - Wes, three shots and McNeal.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 03:11:46 PM »
not sure about Mcneal's value this year?  Wes needs to take more shots

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 03:47:33 PM »
Hell, this was our best loss of the year, since the close Duke loss was technically a neutral game.

Woo hoo! 

mviale

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 05:20:47 PM »
Hilltopper - losing to a ranked team on the road by 3 with a chance to tie at the end is not bad at all.
We have lost to Duke. Louisville 2x, Uconn, ND and WVU.  Nothing to be ashamed except for the 2 UofL games. 2 of those 6 losses could have been wins and we could easily be 4-4 against top 50 teams.   So I think we still have a chance for sweet 16.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 06:11:43 PM »
Hilltopper - losing to a ranked team on the road by 3 with a chance to tie at the end is not bad at all.
We have lost to Duke. Louisville 2x, Uconn, ND and WVU.  Nothing to be ashamed except for the 2 UofL games. 2 of those 6 losses could have been wins and we could easily be 4-4 against top 50 teams.   So I think we still have a chance for sweet 16.

I will make sure to tell the selection committee 2 of the losses could have been wins. but I still think they will call it 2-6 aginst Top 50. Sorry about that.

muPARTY

• Starter
Re: For the positive, ....
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 06:38:07 PM »
.... on TV, the picture was in focus.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 09:40:36 PM »

I will make sure to tell the selection committee 2 of the losses could have been wins. but I still think they will call it 2-6 aginst Top 50. Sorry about that.

I am not talking about leaving it up to the selection commitee, I think we will play our way in. But I am a true fan and always think towards the positive.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 09:02:05 PM »
Much better than all the negativism on this board. I wonder how negative guys handle the rest of their life?

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 09:57:29 PM »
I would say that every single optimist on this board, me included, is a little disappointed in the season so far but it seems like some of the pessimist almost enjoy it when we don't win and that is something I just don't get.  We lose some games and all of sudden, are season is over.  We will be lucky to win 2-3 games rest of the year, NIT bound, we lack talent, etc.   Simply mind boggling.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008, 10:13:05 PM »
These guys were probably no fun in College too.  I remember these guys always hanging out at the library and dorms.  Playing checkers.  Nothing really changes as we get older, but they have a blog to vent their issues.

ultimate

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 10:42:05 AM »
Here's a positive I um...heard.  I was traveling to the Dells this weekend and could listen to the game the entire way there!!!!!

Finally some decent signal strength! With that signal strength being broadcast throughout SE Wisconsin I don't see how we can lose to SH.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 01:38:48 PM »
I am as big a Marquette fan as anyone.  Followed them since 1972.  I went to MU the year after they won the NCAA and Warrior hoops was a large reason.  Ring out Ahoya.

I am not off the bandwagon.  I love my team.  I am looking for good things from now until the end of the season.

That being said...none of us expected such a volatile season.  We were highly ranked at the beginning of the season.  We are a veteran team, and more was expected.

TC is not going anywhere, nor should he....but he needs to be held accountable.  The lack of bigs (and the resulting overstock of smalls) is a coaching / recruiting issue. 

Discuss among yourselves.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 01:59:55 PM »
I am as big a Marquette fan as anyone.  Followed them since 1972.  I went to MU the year after they won the NCAA and Warrior hoops was a large reason.  Ring out Ahoya.

I am not off the bandwagon.  I love my team.  I am looking for good things from now until the end of the season.

That being said...none of us expected such a volatile season.  We were highly ranked at the beginning of the season.  We are a veteran team, and more was expected.

TC is not going anywhere, nor should he....but he needs to be held accountable.  The lack of bigs (and the resulting overstock of smalls) is a coaching / recruiting issue. 

Discuss among yourselves.

Good points about accountability and bigs.

As far as big men go, Crean had what seemed to be 2 solid bigs coming in this season (can't expect much out of frosh, but they appeared to be at least serviceable), but one was declared ineligible and one was injured and is out for the year.

Now, I'm not saying that Crean isn't still accountable for his team (and it's lack of size), but you have to consider what he actually recruited when you state something like "lack of bigs".

This team would be more balanced if both of those guys were on the active roster.

Would more balance = more wins? hmmm... not so sure if I can make that direct correlation, but certainly a couple more big bodies would've helped, along with some better shooting from the current guys.

JetCityWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 02:02:19 PM »
Yeah negative guys are such a drag.  Here's a few that I know of:

Lewis Black, David Cross, Ben Stiller...

Boy, I'd hate to hang around those guys.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 10:32:56 PM »
These guys were probably no fun in College too.  I remember these guys always hanging out at the library and dorms.  Playing checkers.  Nothing really changes as we get older, but they have a blog to vent their issues.
They probably were! uh...huh? its amazing the trouble someone will go to to raise their self-esteem
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 10:34:44 PM by muhoosier260 »

feedback