Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Katz: MU win validates New Big East  (Read 8086 times)

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
Re: Katz: MU win validates New Big East
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2013, 11:34:16 PM »
wtf r u talking about? Jesus aged Christ guys. Your hatred of LW is so friggin beyond unreal and undeserved. Guy is promoting out favorite school/program. WTF do u want from the guy?!
not to mention what has the dude done that has been anything but classy and awesome for MU? W heard rumors that Buzz didn't like him for a short period of time, and he spoke to a reporter about Buzz's dance. That's it.

Lets keep that hatred focused on the real douche of the decade: Tom Crean
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2013, 01:47:50 AM »
Odd he lists every team with Final Four experience except Depaul. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2013, 07:16:19 AM »
Respectfully, how many of you 'gentlemen' actually know or have had extended conversations with Mr. Williams?  Seriously.

So now a well known national reporter does a story on the impact an MU appearance in the Final 4 can have on the new Big East and chooses to ask a few questions of the freakin' guy that is probably most responsible for its creation to which he politely gives quality answers, all furthering the Marquette cause long term.

C'mon guys.

chren21

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2013, 07:19:10 AM »
Espnu will preview our game here in the next few minutes

chren21

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2013, 07:22:27 AM »
Who is this loser.  Picked su.  Big surprise

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2013, 07:38:21 AM »
LW is the new TC.

Got it.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2013, 08:00:36 AM »
There are a lot of delusional angry bitter people on here.  WTF?

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2013, 08:19:45 AM »

+1 ...and I really don't understand why. I thought LW said all the right things. A lot of folks paranoid about Buzz leaving. WE ALL WANT BUZZ TO STAY...but if he doesn't (and that will be his decision) the program will survive.

Jet915

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2013, 08:45:14 AM »
Rooting for you guys today, good luck!

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2013, 08:47:05 AM »
Rooting for you guys today, good luck!

Nice graphic!

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2013, 08:48:25 AM »
Every message board for every team in every sport has fans that look for the negative in everything they see about their team. Just be glad you don't have to interact with these people on a regular basis in real life because they are just miserable human beings.

boblawblog

• Walk-On
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2013, 08:53:43 AM »
I other words, "We got this, Georgetown"

+1000

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2013, 09:15:31 AM »
Respectfully, how many of you 'gentlemen' actually know or have had extended conversations with Mr. Williams?  Seriously.

So now a well known national reporter does a story on the impact an MU appearance in the Final 4 can have on the new Big East and chooses to ask a few questions of the freakin' guy that is probably most responsible for its creation to which he politely gives quality answers, all furthering the Marquette cause long term.

C'mon guys.

YUP.

DOUBLE YUP.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2013, 10:18:43 AM »
Ill be interested in the next article about one of the other ADs. He needs to shut the F up!! Go find a women's basketball coach, douche bag

Easy, champ. Larry has been nothing but a positive for MU.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2013, 10:21:57 AM »
.....still waiting on someone to answer the question about which quote was sooooooooo "dick-like"?
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2013, 10:22:10 AM »
classy....  with fans like you, go cheer for  II,II

It's in his (PRNs) nature.  He hates other douchebags but acts like one himself.  Go figure.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2013, 10:24:56 AM »

C'mon guys.

+1

Remember, LW is evil and must be destroyed because he and Pilarz put a bit more supervision over the program.  The result = SLU like basketball   A trip to the Elite 8, playing for Final Four, no off court issues

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2013, 11:28:05 AM »
+1

Remember, LW is evil and must be destroyed because he and Pilarz put a bit more supervision over the program.  The result = SLU like basketball   A trip to the Elite 8, playing for Final Four, no off court issues

Yeah, but what about the time he banned JUCOs, suspended Todd Mayo, applied new academic standards retroactively, forced multiple returning players off the team, tried to lower the program's profile and wanted MU in a small-time conference?

Er .... never mind.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2013, 11:53:28 AM »
A lot of people piling on PR here but I will just say this... I can think of two different people who he was early to call out as jags when the majority disagreed.  He proved to be right in those cases.

Don't know if he is right in this case (I am neutral right now as to LW) but he has been right in the past.

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2013, 12:05:11 PM »
A lot of people piling on PR here but I will just say this... I can think of two different people who he was early to call out as jags when the majority disagreed.  He proved to be right in those cases.

Don't know if he is right in this case (I am neutral right now as to LW) but he has been right in the past.
if your policy is to call everyone a jag you will be right sometimes. He's astute like the 8th grade kid who calls everyone "gay" is astute.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2013, 12:07:38 PM »
Trust me, if Buzz read this article, he feels exactly the same way I do. Where are the articles about the ADs of the other 7 teams? Who is Duke's AD? How about Syracuse? Take into consideration, too, that the guy is barely past his 90 day probationary status and he's trying to weasel his way into the team picture when we are on the cusp of the FF. This guy is a piece of work!

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2013, 12:08:50 PM »
Trust me, if Buzz read this article, he feels exactly the same way I do. Where are the articles about the ADs of the other 7 teams? Who is Duke's AD? How about Syracuse? Take into consideration, too, that the guy is barely past his 90 day probationary status and he's trying to weasel his way into the team picture when we are on the cusp of the FF. This guy is a piece of work!
"Everyone is stupid but me!" - PRN

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2013, 12:18:22 PM »
"Everyone is stupid but me!" - PRN
Not everyone.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2013, 01:30:01 PM »

He was wrong about Buzz.

The more I think about this hiring and the more I read about the process, the more flabbergasted I become. I honestly believe it could very well go down as a colossal mistake even greater than that of the Golden Eagles fiasco of 1994.

Seriously, with Chris Lowery reported to be a “backup” choice to Williams (!), and reports that McCaffrey, Bruce Weber and Jim Les all expressed interest and with Tranghese, Cords and former players on our committee, how the HELL did we end up with Buzz Williams?

There is something wrong!

Did Tom Crean teach us nothing about appearances? Did we honestly choose a coach who chooses to shave his head bald and whose greatest professional reference is a skirt-chasing Texan named “Billy” over stealing away the Milwaukee-raised head coach of the University of Illinois?!?

Did we really offer Tony Bennett up to $2 million to be our head coach and then give him only a day to think it over before the rush to get Buzz Williams’ signature?

There is no conceivable way that all the individuals mentioned as being involved in this search could be on board with this hire.

Consider that we hired a coach that schools like Dayton, Fordham, St. Louis, St. Bonaventure, Wright St., UIC or even Loyola would not even consider and then tell me it’s a good hire. In fact, other than Marquette, I’m not sure what school would have hired this guy!

Consider that our head coach probably isn’t qualified to sit next to Bo Ryan as his assistant, much less compete with him for recruits and tell me it’s a good hire.

Consider our new head man is scheduled to fly to New Jersey to speak with Bob Hurley about the LOI one of his players signed and consider that Hurley’s housekeeper probably has more experience with players and tell me it’s a good hire.

Hurley should tell Williams to save the airfare.

Not only should Williams not have been hired, not only should he not have been on the “short list,” but he shouldn’t have been considered. As soon as he threatened to leave for Indiana, we should have said, “Bye-bye!”

Fr. Wild, our AD and everybody involved in this decision have significantly diminished our program by settling for a guy that – sadly – was seriously asked yesterday if he had to buy a new suit for the press conference.

Not only will this not work. It can’t work.

314warrior

• Starter
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2013, 01:43:14 PM »
I didn't like that LW built this up to be such an important game for the new league.  If we win, he can say that.  He should be focusing on what a great team/staff we have this year, what a great job they are doing, and all that boilerplate stuff.  After the season (say in a little over a week) he can say how our play helped validate the new league.