[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [GoMarquette.com] Anthony Travel Featuring Special Packages To EA Sports Maui Invite  (Read 4868 times)

GoMarquetteSays

Anthony Travel Featuring Special Packages To EA Sports Maui Invite

Anthony Travel has designed travel packages for Marquette fans to enjoy the EA SPORTS Maui Invitational and Hawaii while benefiting from camaraderie, convenience and exclusive access to events!

http://onlyfans.cstv.com/schools/marq/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/050812aab.html

mutodd5

• Walk-On
Wife and I are strongly considering going, but the package is more expensive than I thought it would be for lodging + tickets. 

Are any other MU Scoopers going...?

WarriorInNYC

• All American
Wife and I are strongly considering going, but the package is more expensive than I thought it would be for lodging + tickets. 

Are any other MU Scoopers going...?

I am going with about 7 other alums from my class (2009).

The big problem I am having right now is we have booked our hotel rooms via hotel points I've acquired over the last year.  But, after everyone I've talked to (Maui Invitational people, Anthony travel people, and MU athletics people) it seems tickets are only available through purchasing hotel accommodations.  I'm assuming I will be able to purchase tickets by themselves at some point down the road.  Either way, tickets or not, I'll be in Maui during the tourney!

Did anyone go a few years ago when MU was in it?

Benny B

• All American
$4,700 plus airfare... no thanks.  I suppose if you're really into traditional lei greetings at the airport and souvenir lanyards, go for it, but by booking directly, you can get 6 nights in a king room for 2 adults @ the Hyatt and rent a convertible for the week for under $3000 (including taxes & fees).

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

copious1218

• All American
The Mrs. and I just went in September for our honeymoon.  Does not look like we'll be able to swing it this year.  I guess I should have waited one more year to get married.  I'm sure she would have loved going to MU Bball games on our honeymoon.

🏀

• All American
The Mrs. and I just went in September for our honeymoon.  Does not look like we'll be able to swing it this year.  I guess I should have waited one more year to get married.  I'm sure she would have loved going to MU Bball games on our honeymoon.

Secks is overrated.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
But, after everyone I've talked to (Maui Invitational people, Anthony travel people, and MU athletics people) it seems tickets are only available through purchasing hotel accommodations.  I'm assuming I will be able to purchase tickets by themselves at some point down the road?

This is an important question to me.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
This is from early December.  Have a free flight with miles just trying to figure out a room.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:01:16 PM by SaintPaulWarrior »

Jay Bee

• All American
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mutodd5

• Walk-On

The big problem I am having right now is we have booked our hotel rooms via hotel points I've acquired over the last year.  But, after everyone I've talked to (Maui Invitational people, Anthony travel people, and MU athletics people) it seems tickets are only available through purchasing hotel accommodations.  I'm assuming I will be able to purchase tickets by themselves at some point down the road.  Either way, tickets or not, I'll be in Maui during the tourney!

I know some folks here in Raleigh, NC area that went and they said they had a great time!

I promised my wife (Tarheel alum) that we'd go if MU and UNC were ever both in it at the same time.  Seeing as we seem to be in every preseason tourney with Dook, I didn't expect it to happen...

Then Louisville dropped out and they asked MU to come a year earlier than planned and there we were in the same tourney as the Tarheels....

We also went to the Sweet 16 game in 2011 when MU played UNC.

I think we will end up going, but I'm just not sure about the official package as $4700 for lodging + tickets seems a little steep.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American

I think we will end up going, but I'm just not sure about the official package as $4700 for lodging + tickets seems a little steep.

Way steep.  With the internets and all you should be able to find a lot cheaper without all the stupid frills.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
But but but, what about my maui invitational fridge magnet
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Benny B

• All American
Tickets go on sale to the general public in late August.  I'm guessing there will be a pre-sale via MU sometime mid-summer.

Booked 6 nights at Hyatt for $287/nt. and a convertible for $496.  With taxes & fees, I'm $2300 all in right now. As long as I get tickets for less than $2500, I'm coming out ahead.

If I do get shut out, oh well... Things could be much worse than six nights in Maui.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Benny B

• All American
Any Scoopers travel agents or airline industry insiders?

Reason I ask: My wife and I were planning on going to the invitational, but we were going to wait until 90 days out to book airfare.  Right now, prices are in excess of $1200pp r/t from O'Hare.  I was hoping prices would drop or that a reduced FF ticket might open up (MileSAAver award to HI is 35,000 R/T via American).

However, over the weekend, I took a look at flight options, open seats, etc., and via American there are two flight options with one connection, one through DFW and one through LAX.  Via UAL, there is a non-stop and other one-stop flights available, but at a higher price.  I fly both airlines regularly, but will opt for the cheaper 99% of the time.  Here's the problem... the best itinerary to Maui is direct from O'Hare (via UAL) or one-stop through DFW (via AA), but guess who's also in the Maui invite: Illinois and Texas.  The DFW to OGG leg shows only a couple dozen seats left, and ORD to OGG non-stop is likely going to be full of Illini with FF miles.  Honestly, unless the airlines are showing more seats unavailable than what they've actually ticketed, I don't see prices dropping significantly.

So what's the expert advice?  Is $1200 r/t from O'Hare the best it's going to be, or is it worth waiting it out?  Last thing I want is to get shut out by a bunch of orange-clad "alums" posing as college basketball fans.

WarriorInNYC

• All American
Benny, are there any options to connect through SFO from Chicago? 

I'm flying from Washington DC and booked my flight on miles with United (40,000) and am connecting through San Fran.

I'm really not sure if waiting it out is going to be the best option for this one.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American

Around August, you can buy just tickets through the MU Athletic Department (most likely) if you look at how last year's schools handled it via their  websites. For the three MU games only, boosters seats will be around $345 per person for the three games.  Only caveat is if MU sells out of their allotment prior to this time.

There also is a general sale the first of October to locals.  You may pick up some of these on eBay.

http://www.mauinews.com/page/content.detail/id/553503/Invitational-ticket-sale-on-Maui-slated-for-Sept--30--Oct--1.html?nav=11

Benny B

• All American
Screw it... I just booked two tickets via DFW with AAdvantage miles.  It cost me 180,000 miles, but at least I got to book premium coach seats, the exact itinerary I wanted, and my first two checked bags are free.  I figure the opportunity cost of FF miles are about a penny each, so for the equivalent of $1800, I just got two tickets that would have cost me $2300 a piece.

If the McDonalds in Hawaii have a Dollar Menu, I might be able to do this entire trip under three G's.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Screw it... I just booked two tickets via DFW with AAdvantage miles.  It cost me 180,000 miles, but at least I got to book premium coach seats, the exact itinerary I wanted, and my first two checked bags are free.  I figure the opportunity cost of FF miles are about a penny each, so for the equivalent of $1800, I just got two tickets that would have cost me $2300 a piece.

If the McDonalds in Hawaii have a Dollar Menu, I might be able to do this entire trip under three G's.

I know for many people a Hawaiian trip is a a once in a lifetime dream trip to relax, be with the other MU alums, hit the pool and spa, to be in the dream $450 a night ocean view resort room. That is a great way to go. For those on a budget, especially with a group or family, a condo is far more economical. Maui is a tropical island, all beaches are public including the resorts, most condos are on the beach with great room views with nice pools, and are less crowded (worst case, the condo is a block or two off the beach), and on Maui, you can walk to a variety of bars and restaurants or you can take a taxi to Lahaina   Eating in for breakfast and lunch can save a ton of drinking money. There are expensive golf resorts, or there are cheaper community ones up the mountain. Go on-line and buy and Entertainment Book for Hawaii for $12 (free shipping) to save on meals, tours, etc.

http://hawaii.entertainment.com/discount/browse.shtml

Spotcheck Billy

• All American

I still remember my father's comments about their first trip to HI (over 20 years ago): "A frigging filet-o-fish sandwich costs $4.50!"

either way, I'm sure it will be a fun trip, Go Warriors!

Bocephys

• All American
When does Warthog release his special rates to fly on his plane?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Adding more detail about the specific Maui offers and what is in the Hawaiin Entertainment Book for Maui...things like car rentals, hotel, condos, fast food, tours, and other coupons from other sources, etc.

http://www.johann-sandra.com/hawaii/maui/mauicoupons.htm#activities
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 04:50:29 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
When does Warthog release his special rates to fly on his plane?

Noticed that UNC has a chartered plane for their contingent.  Elite  ;D

Benny B

• All American
Adding more detail about the specific Maui offers and what is in the Hawaiin Entertainment Book for Maui...things like car rentals, hotel, condos, fast food, tours, and other coupons from other sources, etc.

http://www.johann-sandra.com/hawaii/maui/mauicoupons.htm#activities

Buy one, get one at Maui Go-Carts. Score.

"Best be buying your own ticket, woman. I'm riding twice."

feedback