[Today at 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[Today at 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Not Ranked!?  (Read 4572 times)

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
Not Ranked!?
« on: January 30, 2017, 01:27:39 PM »
Not even receiving a vote? Beating two top10 teams (one on the road) in the same week seems like it should get a little more notice?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: Not Ranked!?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 01:30:06 PM »
When you lose to a barely top 70 team and one of the Top 10 teams you beat also loses badly to a crappy Georgetown team it's going to take some wind out of the ranking sails.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 01:30:20 PM »
Teams with 14-7 records don't generally get a lot of love in the polls, especially those coming off a home loss to an average team. The polls don't really matter a whole lot anyway.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 01:31:52 PM »
But I do love the handle.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 01:35:31 PM »
The Creighton win was the previous week. No team with more then 5 losses is ranked...we have 7.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 01:36:41 PM »
Its ok ta go ahead and rank 'em in yo mind, doe, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

chapman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 01:40:02 PM »
A lesson that nationally ranked teams need to bring it every game, not crap the bed at home against a 13-9 team.  Let's just win a couple conference road games this week.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 10:09:59 PM »
Didn't surprise me that we weren't ranked, After we lost to a team that is way worse than us. But it surprised me that we didn't even get 1 vote

BadgersGreatfulRed

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 11:20:23 PM »
Not to be a negative nancy, but when was the last time you were ranked? Heck even in a post-season tournament? Worry about making the NIT first. CBI is a longshot.

Wojo Era

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 11:36:14 PM »
Not to be a negative nancy, but when was the last time you were ranked? Heck even in a post-season tournament? Worry about making the NIT first. CBI is a longshot.
I'll agree that you are a Nancy

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 11:38:24 PM »

Who's Bo livin with these days?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BadgersGreatfulRed

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 11:39:44 PM »
I'll agree that you are a Nancy

Yet we are the ones that won this year, and that don't have a 3 year tournament drought.

BadgersGreatfulRed

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 11:42:04 PM »
Who's Bo livin with these days?

He is part of the past, just like Al and Buzz were part of your past. Don't live in the past. Just focus on this year, and where you'll be this March.

Wojo Era

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 11:43:41 PM »

Yet we are the ones that won this year, and that don't have a 3 year tournament drought.

And the Badgers owe that success all to you I assume, Nancy

Wojo Era

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2017, 11:45:29 PM »

He is part of the past, just like Al and Buzz were part of your past. Don't live in the past. Just focus on this year, and where you'll be this March.

That is hilarious, as you cite the last three years of the tournament and a game from 6 weeks ago.  Way to live in the future.

BadgersGreatfulRed

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2017, 11:48:57 PM »
And the Badgers owe that success all to you I assume, Nancy

Thank You for realizing that we are a successful program, unlike the elephant in the room. Oh yeah, the "Wojo era" should end this year when the drought continues.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 11:52:00 PM »

Don't the badgers spell it "Grateful Red"?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

BadgersGreatfulRed

• Walk-On
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 11:52:39 PM »
Possible coaching candidate- Crean, bring him back when he gets fired from IU. You'll be desperate.

Wojo Era

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2017, 11:54:26 PM »
Don't the badgers spell it "Grateful Red"?

Judging by his 5 weak posts, I wouldn't expect him to know that

fjm

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2017, 12:23:48 AM »

That's part of the past. Living in the past isn't allowed.

Source = you.

Thanks for coming Nancy.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2017, 06:58:09 AM »
Beat the Johnnies and Depaul this week and next week (to 16-7) and we'll get some votes.

The following week if we beat Butler at home and at Georgetown (to 18-7) and we'll be ranked in two weeks.

Lose any one of them and we stay without votes.

As noted above, if they start giving a seven loss team in January votes, their are many other 6, 7 and 8 loss teams that will complain.

Lunardi has us as the highest 8 seed team, KenPom has us in the upper 30s.  That would be good enough to get votes if we had 5 losses.  So it is not about who we lost to but the "eye-test" of 7 losses this early in the season preventing us from getting votes.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 07:06:43 AM »
So it is not about who we lost to but the "eye-test" of 7 losses this early in the season preventing us from getting votes.

This is exactly right. Just like Gonzaga being ranked #1. It's not that people believe they're the best team in the country, they're just the last unbeaten and everyone ahead of them lost last week.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GE911

• Walk-On
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 08:11:39 AM »
People like badger confuse me. Years back when MU and UW were both top 25 teams I understood the banter back and forth. But now? MU is rebuilding, UW had back to back final 4 appearances, besides pure hate, what drives someone to come to another teams board and stir the pot? Bader, if you read this, it's an honest question. If you work with MU alums do you just approach them unsolicited and tell them marquette sucks? And that Bo Ryan is some one your kids should look up to? I would love to have a real conversation around this.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2017, 08:29:31 AM »
People like badger confuse me. Years back when MU and UW were both top 25 teams I understood the banter back and forth. But now? MU is rebuilding, UW had back to back final 4 appearances, besides pure hate, what drives someone to come to another teams board and stir the pot? Bader, if you read this, it's an honest question. If you work with MU alums do you just approach them unsolicited and tell them marquette sucks? And that Bo Ryan is some one your kids should look up to? I would love to have a real conversation around this.

It has been revealed that this Badger Troll and the new active poster "wojoswarriors77" are the same person. I'm not sure what the motivation is honestly as he is either an MU fan pretending to be a badger troll or a badger troll pretending to be a fan.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2017, 08:32:15 AM »
We should nickname him 'chicos' for short.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback