collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North  (Read 31991 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: NFC North
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2008, 10:13:26 PM »
NFL's wrong doings?  I believe the substance policy is pretty clear.  "Your body, you're responsibility."

You can believe that.  A US District Judge disagreed today. 

BTW, not sure who you're quoting, but it should be "your" responsibility, not "you're".  Must be from Wisconsin!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2008, 10:34:41 PM »
sorry for the grammatical mistake.  I'm actually a fib.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2008, 04:23:29 PM »
So much for the Pack having the most favorable schedule.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2008, 05:08:33 PM »
So much for the Pack having the most favorable schedule.

Pathetic, really. Oh well. Marquette basketball is in full swing.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2008, 08:07:44 AM »
well the fact that they have the easiest schedule hasn't changed.

apparently their ability to suck has also not changed.

Bears will win the division.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2008, 08:21:33 AM »
I agree, about all components of that statement...

Here is my thought from watching bits and pieces of the Houston Green Bay game..

How does Houston not have a better record?  They have some outstanding offensive weapons, and a decent defense.

Bears 9-7
Vikes 8-8
Pack  7-9
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2008, 08:37:51 AM »
sage rosenfels and a tough schedule.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2008, 08:47:54 AM »
The Vikings will win the division. Not necessarily a function of them being a good team, as much as it is a function of them being the tallest midget. They're ok, but the Packers and Bears both pretty much suck.

Not that it matters much necessarily...raise your hand if you see any one of those three winning a playoff game this year (I suppose playing at home will help, but...)

Disclosure: Packer fan

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2008, 09:04:36 AM »
The Vikings will win the division. Not necessarily a function of them being a good team, as much as it is a function of them being the tallest midget. They're ok, but the Packers and Bears both pretty much suck.

Not that it matters much necessarily...raise your hand if you see any one of those three winning a playoff game this year (I suppose playing at home will help, but...)

Disclosure: Packer fan

I don't see how you can think that Minnesota is better than Chicago.

Did you watch the Minnesota / Detroit game or highlights, or even look at the box score?

they scraped by a team who will probably not win a game all year.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2008, 09:21:27 AM »

You mean like the Bears did few weeks back, having to come back from 10 points down to win the game?

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2008, 09:24:46 AM »
Lucky for Minnesota their "Williams Wall" is getting to play or else that team may be in a different position than where they are now.

300 LB +  D-lineman trying to loose weight?  Come on...they were just trying to get stronger and got caught...

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2008, 09:28:41 AM »
You mean like the Bears did few weeks back, having to come back from 10 points down to win the game?

Vikes have the harded schedule down the stretch... not the bears.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2008, 09:31:48 AM »
Texans were just a bad match up for the Packers. I wasn't shocked that the Vikings struggled mightily again with the Lions either.

Vikings/Cardinals is a very interesting game this week. It's essentially for the third seed in the NFC. I think Vikings lose this week, and then beat Atlanta and the Giants at home (mainly because I think the Giants won't play anyone or game plan too much for that game).

Packers/Bears next week will still be a huge game (unless the Pack lays an egg in Jacksonville, then they're season will be officially over).

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2008, 09:37:51 AM »
I don't see how you can think that Minnesota is better than Chicago.

Did you watch the Minnesota / Detroit game or highlights, or even look at the box score?

the beauty of pro sports is that "you are what your record says you are".

If the Bears finish with a better record, then they will be better than MN.

There are no "bad wins" or even "moral victories" in the NFL. Especially in that division.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2008, 10:08:54 AM »
Vikes have the harded schedule down the stretch... not the bears.

On the surface, that would appear to be true...But, the Giants game will likley have no meaning at all for NY, so who knows what the Vikings will see out of them. The Saints and Packers both feature very potent passing attacks which spells nightmare matchups for the Bears. I am not predicting it necessarily, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if the Bears won their last game yesterday.

Anyway, your argument was that the Bears are better than the Vikings. There is little or no evidence to support that theory, and remaining schedule has nothing to do with it.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2008, 11:06:25 AM »
As a Bears fan, the Texans game scares me far more than the Saints or Packers do. Saints recent history at Soldier Field is not good, and the Bears are not travelling on a short week. As I mentioned previously, the Bears then get the longest non-bye week break of any team in the league when they play this Thursday, and then not again until the 22nd. This time of year, that is a huge advantage.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2008, 11:16:04 AM »
In my opinion, the Bears and the Vikes are the same team.

Running offense only throwing if they have to with a banged up starting QB. (they have a .2 difference in Pts/Game)

Good run defense, and deplorable pass defense. (.2 difference in pts/game given up)

the difference in the teams is who they still have to play.

your point about the Giants game does have merit though, and I believe I already conceeded that in an earlier post.

It comes down to the Williams' absence, basically.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2008, 11:29:08 AM »
As a Bears fan, the Texans game scares me far more than the Saints or Packers do.

+1
But more specifically, Andre Johnson scares me more than Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, or M Colston.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2008, 02:59:45 PM »
The Williams boys being banned doesn't necessarily mean we'd lose out... some of you seem to think so. 

Then again, some of you claimed last week that the a$$-pack would go 4-0.  Hahhahah!  hilarious!  At least they didn't give up **500 yards**. 

SKOL VIKINGS!  No QB, no head coach, yet we are still soon-to-be NFC North Champions!

LON

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2008, 03:14:10 PM »
The Williams boys being banned doesn't necessarily mean we'd lose out... some of you seem to think so. 

Then again, some of you claimed last week that the a$$-pack would go 4-0.  Hahhahah!  hilarious!  At least they didn't give up **500 yards**. 

SKOL VIKINGS!  No QB, no head coach, yet we are still soon-to-be NFC North Champions!

The fact that you think any team deserves playoffs from this division screams stupidity.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2008, 03:36:40 PM »
+1

I never said they would win out, I said that they had the best shot.

learn to read for context troll.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2008, 04:06:37 PM »
now come monday, there is a good chance I will be eating crow.

How's it tasting, buddy?  Boy, Schaub sure had a tough time getting back into the swing of things after 4 weeks of being out due to injury... but, gotta get that timing back and everything.  No wonder he only threw for 414 yards. 

But, hey... even if you feel the passing d wasn't up to par... at least there was the rushing D.  You really handled that rookie RB for the Texans. 

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2008, 04:24:09 PM »
You really handled that rookie RB for the Texans. 

Lord knows I am have no interest in trying to defend the indefensible Packer defense, but that rookie running back has a 5 yard average and is over 1000 on the season. When it comes to RB's, the term rookie is completely meaningless. Probably the most immediate impact position on the field. The Packers are bad to be sure, but Slaton is good.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2008, 04:25:39 PM »
No QB, no head coach, yet we are still soon-to-be NFC North Champions!

Like I said earlier...tallest midget.

LON

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2008, 08:10:25 AM »
Lord knows I am have no interest in trying to defend the indefensible Packer defense, but that rookie running back has a 5 yard average and is over 1000 on the season. When it comes to RB's, the term rookie is completely meaningless. Probably the most immediate impact position on the field. The Packers are bad to be sure, but Slaton is good.

In addition, can we please stop calling these players rookies after week 8