collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North  (Read 31989 times)

ATWizJr

• All American
Re: NFC North
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2008, 07:06:09 AM »
Rogers is NOT the problem.  Defense, are you listening?

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2008, 08:04:16 AM »
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 08:15:06 AM by SaintPaulWarrior »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2008, 08:11:33 AM »
Packers and Aaron Rodgers blow.

Bears suck and at best will tie Minnesota at 9-7.

Minnesota will beat Detroit and win one other game.  The victory over Detroit and a tie at 9-7 with Chicago gives the Vikings the tiebreaker nod.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!  Jimmy Kennedy (DT) signed today - watch for a big day from him, *IF* the Williams-boys don't play.

Jared Allen is unstoppable either way.

You have created convincing arguments, and have well thought out ideas.

but seriously, how does Aaron Rodgers 'blow'?  Look at the stats, kiddo.  Its the defense that is injured that blows.

The bears are nearly as inconsistant as the packers and the vikes.

Jimmy Kennedy was a free agent for a reason. puhhhhlease.

Jared Allen will get double teamed for the rest of the year and will essentially be a non factor.

I will actually have to agree with some of the people that the Bears have the best chance of winning the division, but my personal feeling is that the Packers have the most favorable schedule and are my pick.

now come monday, there is a good chance I will be eating crow.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2008, 09:25:44 AM »
It'll be interesting and fun to watch what happens.

I'm a Bears fan obviously, and I think they're the least interesting of these three teams right now, mostly because I think they peaked too early. I think the game that is going to be the killer to the Bears chances is actually the game at Houston. They "should" take care of Jacksonville at home, and the Saints (who are 0-2 at Soldier Field the last two years, and are very decimated by their defensive suspensions). Bears also have the longest non bye week break of any team in the NFL between the Thursday night game against the Saints and the Monday nighter against Green Bay. Not having to travel for any of those games is also a huge break.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2008, 11:32:55 AM »
HAH!  Name a quarterback who can come CLOSE to touching Aaron Rodgers in the NFC North.  The Packers have a bad record and haven't played well in many winnable games, but you can't put any blame on Rodgers.

Exactly - Airhead is the best QB in the NFC North by leaps and bounds - but somehow they are in 3rd place in a p1ss-poor division.  This evidences the sucking nature of the packers. 

How can you not put ANY blame on Rodgers?!?!  That's ridiculous.  Do you blame it all on Ryan Grant because he's from Notre Dame?  You should put some blame on him - after all, he eats a big one also. 

Oooh, yes.. can't blame Rodgers.. its not him! 
5 wins: 107/148 72.3%, 9 TD, 1 INT
7 losses: 150/256 58.6%, 11 TD, 9 INT

Yeah, he obviously plays no part in whether they win or lose.

Hope you fruitcakes have fun watching the Jets and Vikings in the Super Bowl!!!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2008, 11:38:24 AM »
Blame Mark Tauscher.  He is a Badger.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2008, 11:40:47 AM »
HAH!  Name a quarterback who can come CLOSE to touching Aaron Rodgers

And I don't know about Gus or Pep, but I am pretty sure Orton is into chicks.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2008, 11:55:45 AM »
HAH!  Name a quarterback who can come CLOSE to touching Aaron Rodgers in the NFC North.  The Packers have a bad record and haven't played well in many winnable games, but you can't put any blame on Rodgers.

agreed.

but what has changed on this 5 and 7 team? If rogers isn't the problem then the blame lies somewhere and it still exists.  I don't see what people see what indicates they will bang out a 4 and 0 mark to close the season?

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2008, 12:04:37 PM »
  Exactly - Airhead is the best QB in the NFC North by leaps and bounds - but somehow they are in 3rd place in a p1ss-poor division.  This evidences the sucking nature of the packers. 

How can you not put ANY blame on Rodgers?!?!  That's ridiculous.  Do you blame it all on Ryan Grant because he's from Notre Dame?  You should put some blame on him - after all, he eats a big one also. 

Oooh, yes.. can't blame Rodgers.. its not him! 
5 wins: 107/148 72.3%, 9 TD, 1 INT
7 losses: 150/256 58.6%, 11 TD, 9 INT

Yeah, he obviously plays no part in whether they win or lose.

Hope you fruitcakes have fun watching the Jets and Vikings in the Super Bowl!!!

It's apparent that you haven't watched the Pack all year, like I have. Let's take a closer look at those losses:
-@TB: Pack loses 21-30, Rodgers throws 3 picks (the last as he got blindsided by an unblocked lineman) on a sprained throwing shoulder. Nonetheless, the Pack trails by 2 under 2 minutes until Earnest Graham breaks a 47 yard run off left tackle to the 1 to ice the game.

-vs. ATL: Pack loses 24-30. Rodgers goes 25/37 for 313, 3TDs, 1INT

-@ TENN: Pack loses 16-19 in OT. Rodgers goes 22/41 for 314, 1TD and 1INT

-@ NO: Pack loses 29-51. Rodgers throws 3 picks, but still manages to guide the offense to 29 points. Meanwhile, the D gives up 51. 51!

-vs. CAR: Pack loses 31-34; Rodgers goes 29/45 for 298, 3TD and 1INT. Special teams gives up 3 kick returns of 45 yards or more, including on the kicks immediately following Packers' go-ahead scores. On the final possession, the defense proceeds to give up a 54 yard completion to Steve Smith to the 1 yard line, and on the next play allows DeAngelo Williams to score his 4th touchdown of the game.

Rodgers didn't play well in 2 of those 5. The other 3 (plus losses to Dallas and Minnesota) can be laid squarely on the defense's inability to prevent the big play, particularly in "crunch time."

Furthermore, first you say Rodgers blows, and then that he's the best QB in the division and it's the Packers who possess a "sucking nature." Which is it?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2008, 12:28:45 PM »
agreed.

but what has changed on this 5 and 7 team? If rogers isn't the problem then the blame lies somewhere and it still exists.  I don't see what people see what indicates they will bang out a 4 and 0 mark to close the season?

everyone shoulders some of the blame, but the defense has been injured all year (losing 3+ starters for big chunks of the year).

the reason they will bang out 4 wins to end the year is because the teams they are playing are not so good either.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2008, 12:41:04 PM »
agreed.

The line, on both sides of the ball.  The line is getting better, but still nowhere near what it was after the first 4 weeks last year.  D line has been terrible.  Teams run all over us.

I would like to predict 4 wins to close out the season, but as you pointed out, we have not done anything to indicate that this will happen.  We're way too inconsistent, unfortunately.  Some weeks we look like the best team in the league (see: vs. the Bears), and others we look horrible (see: vs. the Saints).  So I think realistically we split and miss the playoffs.  But I do not think you put much blame on Rodgers, he's been awesome, especially under the circumstances he came in under.

And don't even bother throwing out statistics that prove your point to jay bee, he has no knowledge of football and his arguments are "_______ sucks."  Why? "______ sucks."  Good answer!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 01:31:12 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2008, 01:00:16 PM »
Furthermore, first you say Rodgers blows, and then that he's the best QB in the division and it's the Packers who possess a "sucking nature." Which is it?

It's both, buddy.  All QBs in the division blow, including Rodgers.  The Packers also suck and, like I said, the division is p1ss poor.  None of these teams are strong compared to the league overall... it's just that Minnesota is better than the a$$-Packers and Bear-Cubs. 

If you disagree you are wrong, and, as they say... SCORE-BOARD.

LON

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2008, 01:13:38 PM »
  It's both, buddy.  All QBs in the division blow, including Rodgers.  The Packers also suck and, like I said, the division is p1ss poor.  None of these teams are strong compared to the league overall... it's just that Minnesota is better than the a$$-Packers and Bear-Cubs. 

If you disagree you are wrong, and, as they say... SCORE-BOARD.

You are the perfect example as to why I don't talk football to ViQUEENS fans.

/knows full well GB fans are dumber than hell sometimes, just read the JS Online comments.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2008, 01:18:49 PM »
Rodgers is top ten in...
-QB rating (9th)
-Passing Yards (5th)
-TDs (6th)
-TD% (7th)

Sounds like a guy I'd hate to have on my team....

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2008, 01:19:09 PM »
You are the perfect example as to why I don't talk football to ViQUEENS fans.

/knows full well GB fans are dumber than hell sometimes, just read the JS Online comments.

+1

reinko

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2008, 01:24:40 PM »
Rodgers is top ten in...
-QB rating (9th)
-Passing Yards (5th)
-TDs (6th)
-TD% (7th)

Sounds like a guy I'd hate to have on my team....

Just beat me to it Iam..one more

4th least in Int's of those QB's that have played the whole season

Jay Bee, go back to your embarassment of a Dome, put on your ultra cool purple gear and let the adults who use facts to back up their arguments continue on with the discussion.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2008, 01:34:46 PM »
And to ensure this thread is up to date...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3743006

Some local judge has temporarily blocked the suspension.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2008, 01:36:47 PM »
And to ensure this thread is up to date...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3743006

Some local judge has temporarily blocked the suspension.

Shocker. The NFL policy on banned substances clearly states that the player is ultimately responsible for what he puts in his body. Not the manufacturer, not the label printer, not the FDA, not the guy who gave it to him. The player is responsible. Enjoy your suspensions, cheaters.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2008, 01:41:36 PM »
Exactly.

I hope they were successful in their weight loss quest!
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2008, 02:28:07 PM »
Fed judge needs more time... looks like the Williams boys will be on the field for the trouncing of Detroit this Sunday. 

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2008, 02:41:40 PM »
Fed judge needs more time... looks like the Williams boys will be on the field for the trouncing of Detroit this Sunday. 

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!

Where'd they find a judge? Oh, right...
http://www.mnd.uscourts.gov/Judges/magnuson.shtml

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2008, 04:17:18 PM »
Sounds independent to me!  GO VIKES!!!! 

Best football-themed burger I've had, though: The Gilbertburger. 
Of course, Gilbert Brown was a draft pick of THE Minnesota Vikings. 

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2008, 06:59:18 PM »
This is classic.  Rather than have their guys sit against winless Detroit, they appeal.  Now, they will be able to play against Detroit, but the forth game of the suspension would be the 1st playoff game (if they make the playoffs).  I would much rather have two of my best three players play against a winless team than in a playoff game!

If the Packers can't win the division, that would be my second preferred scenario.  That would be hilarious.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2008, 08:35:36 PM »
It's not an issue of playing Detroit and being unable to play in our first (of several) playoff games this year.

It's an issue of the NFL's wrong doings and trying to make the gods of the Vikings pay for their wrongdoings. 

We stand on principles. 

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2008, 09:29:37 PM »
NFL's wrong doings?  I believe the substance policy is pretty clear.  "Your body, you're responsibility."
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

feedback