'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Hypocrisy of MU Basketball  (Read 31072 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Hypocrisy of MU Basketball
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2020, 03:12:43 PM »
Shut your god damn mouth and never come back to this effing message board.

(I may have had a little pent up anger over the past few days reading all this nonsense)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2020, 03:15:47 PM »

(I may have had a little pent up anger over the past few days reading all this nonsense)

Amen
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2020, 03:16:42 PM »

Preach
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2020, 03:17:02 PM »

Never fails to amaze me how silly people make themselves look 1 game into conference play. Hey, look, MU beats #10 Nova at home (who took down #1 Kansas a couple weeks ago). Creighton loses to Butler. This is the nature of college basketball and conference play. For MU to win this is a testament to Wojo too. MU loses their second best player and managed to retool and come back to compete at the same level.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2020, 03:17:16 PM »
After a long hiatus, I've returned.  Several years ago I called for the firing of Wojo, critiquing his poor coaching.  The moderators tried to shut me down for voicing an opinion supported by facts.  Time hath proven me correct that Wojo is a fraud.  The question remains:  Why do the majority of MU fans continue to "believe" in this fraud?  Let's take a look. 

Why is Wojo Still Head Coach?
a. Coach K's coattails
b. Fan base who lacks critical analysis to evaluate coaching. 
c. Poor contract offered up by the university
d. Your infatuation with Markus Howard's stats and alleged 4* recruits that don't pan out

Wojo's Weaknesses
a. Lack of continuity on defense.  No system whatsoever
b. Inability to recruit talent and recruit players that fit to a system
c. Monotone buffoonery that is uninspiring - Jason Garrett 2.0
d. Inability to create a significant home court advantage when you have one of the highest attendances in NCAA basketball = lack of defense

The MU fanbase and media are to blame.  No effort has been taken to behead the beast that has sullied the program.  Wojo's only strength is his clean cut, professional image which seems to be what the MU fan base craves these days.

Moron.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2020, 03:22:51 PM »
Character revealed.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2020, 05:00:39 PM »
Brother DG, the networks have those times allocated already, you will be able to see your games with MU.  MU isn’t sold on its own, it is the BIg East conference rights.  As long as MU is in the Big East you will be fine.  CBS just signed a deal with the conference that lasts through 2025, FOX has the rights for some time as well.  You will be fine watching MU in Florida at at times that you can view.

Just to circle back to this. The KU/WVU game today is on ESPN+. So, if you subscribe to cable and get the full gambit of ESPN channels, you still have to pay an extra $5/mo to stream this game. If I were a B12 fan, I'd be pissed at ESPN for pulling this crap with the contract.

MU is (so far) lucky to have Fox sports as the contract holder.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2020, 07:26:55 PM »

AMEN ! ! !  Thank you ! ! !   8-)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2020, 07:37:39 PM »
Teams lose conference road games.  Wojo isn't getting fired.  Bray away.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2020, 02:42:41 PM »
I don't think Wojo walks on water.  So far, I have not seen him make a team more than the sum of it's parts.   In game, a little too much paint by numbers, a little lacking in creativity.   Crean without Wade.
But... By the end of this season, he will have won somewhere around 110 games in a 5 year span.    Can't be argued.   And no coach gets fired with that kind of record, with no scandals, with a solid recruiting class coming in.   Nor should he.
  I am also frustrated about the lack of tournament success.   And I would have liked the rebuild to go faster.   Blowouts suck.   But they happen.
   MU wanted the anti-Buzz.   They got him.  Clean program.  20+ wins per year.   So, instead of hoping he gets fired (because he won't), start figuring out which program will make a serious run at him that he might actually leave for.     Duke?  Maryland?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2020, 02:52:52 PM »
I don't think Wojo walks on water.  So far, I have not seen him make a team more than the sum of it's parts.   In game, a little too much paint by numbers, a little lacking in creativity.   Crean without Wade.
But... By the end of this season, he will have won somewhere around 110 games in a 5 year span.    Can't be argued.   And no coach gets fired with that kind of record, with no scandals, with a solid recruiting class coming in.   Nor should he.
  I am also frustrated about the lack of tournament success.   And I would have liked the rebuild to go faster.   Blowouts suck.   But they happen.
   MU wanted the anti-Buzz.   They got him.  Clean program.  20+ wins per year.   So, instead of hoping he gets fired (because he won't), start figuring out which program will make a serious run at him that he might actually leave for.     Duke?  Maryland?

Maryland is one that will always make the most sense to me.  ACC jobs that could come open include BC, Wake or GaTech.  Would going to one of those with no expectations at the beginning be an appealing choice to him?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2020, 03:03:03 PM »
Maryland is one that will always make the most sense to me.  ACC jobs that could come open include BC, Wake or GaTech.  Would going to one of those with no expectations at the beginning be an appealing choice to him?
Are these programs all perceived as better jobs than MU? Lateral moves?

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2020, 03:06:49 PM »
Wojo is closer to getting fired than getting the Duke job. But he's not getting fired anytime soon so both are fanciful ideas.

Let's enjoy the wins, hope Wojo improves his coaching and appreciate the class act that he is.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2020, 03:07:55 PM »
Are these programs all perceived as better jobs than MU? Lateral moves?

BC is worse for sure.  I’ll let others argue about the other two.  I’m just throwing them out there as jobs that could be open
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2020, 03:32:28 PM »
Wojo is closer to getting fired than getting the Duke job. But he's not getting fired anytime soon so both are fanciful ideas.

Let's enjoy the wins, hope Wojo improves his coaching and appreciate the class act that he is.

Wojo is much closer to leaving for “greener pastures” than he is to getting fired. One NCAA tournament win and he is one of the hotter names on the carousel imo.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2020, 03:50:20 PM »
Wojo is much closer to leaving for “greener pastures” than he is to getting fired. One NCAA tournament win and he is one of the hotter names on the carousel imo.
I would agree with that. May need more than 1 tourney win to become one of the hotter names, imo, but your logic is sound.

I think we'd all love for Wojo to be a hot commodity in the coaching world and I have good reason to believe MU has a lot of 'dry powder' to keep him in both money and years for a contract, if they want  to.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2020, 03:50:47 PM »

And then we start all over again and a good chunk of fans here will be thrilled....yay...start over again...yay
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2020, 04:08:07 PM »
And then we start all over again and a good chunk of fans here will be thrilled....yay...start over again...yay
Soooo, your pulling for Wojo and MU to not win in the NCAA?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2020, 04:19:16 PM »
There are so many troll morons on Scoop not even funny. Obviously not fans only.
Goal is National Championship

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2020, 04:33:41 PM »
There are so many troll morons on Scoop not even funny. Obviously not fans only.
+1.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2020, 04:35:35 PM »

Why would Duke make a run at Wojo?  It's the other way around.  Wojo isn't even the best Duke candidate out there.  It seems most people on here don't know how to recognize a top 25 coach. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2020, 04:40:19 PM »
I try to make peace.   Some aren't interested.   Bray on.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2020, 04:42:32 PM »
Why would Duke make a run at Wojo?  It's the other way around.  Wojo isn't even the best Duke candidate out there.  It seems most people on here don't know how to recognize a top 25 coach.
Because you're an effing troll fool with no good insight and very low basketball knowledge. You're an SNL sketch like Herman....
Goal is National Championship

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2020, 04:46:55 PM »

The additional likelihood is that .. Wojo needs to reset his career clock:  How many years can you be a head coach at a major basketball program and have zero NCAA wins before no equivalent+ program should hire you? 

Flip it around, say "Zojo" was at Xavier for 6 years with no wins, would MU hire him or find a "hot" assistant?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2020, 04:49:01 PM »

The additional likelihood is that .. Wojo needs to reset his career clock:  How many years can you be a head coach at a major basketball program and have zero NCAA wins before no equivalent+ program should hire you? 

Flip it around, say "Zojo" was at Xavier for 6 years with no wins, would MU hire him or find a "hot" assistant?

Zojo would likely be viewed as a top candidate by everyone but XUScoop.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.