Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2013 Reseating Changes  (Read 21247 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
2013 Reseating Changes
« on: October 08, 2012, 04:01:18 PM »
Saw this posted but have not seen any communication on this.

• Reseating will now be every year
  • You cannot select your own seats. MU staff will select for you based on your "preferences".
  • You can watch the process online, but you can only see open rows and sections, not open seats.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/marq/sports/blue-gold/auto_pdf/2012-13/misc_non_event/MBBReseatingFAQ.pdf

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: 2013 Reseating Changes
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 04:02:20 PM »
Oh wow... /dislike

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 04:05:18 PM »
This is a horrible policy. I can handle every year, but not choosing seats? That's ridiculous.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 04:06:56 PM »
This is a terrible change.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 04:07:17 PM »
That's utter crap. Wow, I'm seriously upset.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 04:08:33 PM »
Saw this posted but have not seen any communication on this.

• Reseating will now be every year
  • You cannot select your own seats. MU staff will select for you based on your "preferences".
  • You can watch the process online, but you can only see open rows and sections, not open seats.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/marq/sports/blue-gold/auto_pdf/2012-13/misc_non_event/MBBReseatingFAQ.pdf

Document claims these changes are the result of changes in the charitable status requirements.  Is that true?  My aunt has season tickets to Badger football games and she can pick her seats,etc.  Not a conspiracy, just seems like a mighty big change.

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 04:10:15 PM »
Document claims these changes are the result of changes in the charitable status requirements.  Is that true?  My aunt has season tickets to Badger football games and she can pick her seats,etc.  Not a conspiracy, just seems like a mighty big change.

I've never heard of this from another University and their athletic ticket sales.

Husker4MU

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 04:11:43 PM »
"charitable status requirements" sure smells like a red herring effort to squeeze more money out of the fan base, but I could be totally wrong.  Ticket office called me up a couple of weeks ago and moved me down from Row X to Row F in my section, so I have forfeited all rights to complain.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 04:13:14 PM »
Here I thought we were in the clear for drama between now and Madness.  Shocked they didn't broadly announce this, shocked I tell you.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 04:14:41 PM »
Why such a large step backwards in this process?

The online selection worked well. Now we have to fill out a form with our preferences for some intern to decipher where our thousands of dollars 'donation' gets chosen? Is this form only being accepted via Western Union as well?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 04:15:00 PM »
"charitable status requirements" sure smells like a red herring effort to squeeze more money out of the fan base

Bingo.

Essentially, their development staff is not very good. So they have to go back to the well and shake down the STH's.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 04:18:48 PM »
Bingo.

Essentially, their development staff is not very good. So they have to go back to the well and shake down the STH's.

unnatural carnal knowledgeing Larry Williams....

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 04:18:57 PM »
Direct complaints directly to Joe True at the Blue and Gold Fund, who handle all reseating:

[size=8](414) 288-4668

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 04:20:38 PM »
"Season ticket holders will now provide their preferred location by section and row and be allowed to give detailed preferences within selected row."

Is this just a technicality now? Officially the athletic department has to be the one choosing the seats, but we can provide "detailed" preference?

If this is a tax deduction reason, why not ditch the mandatory donations and just raise ticket prices?
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 04:21:57 PM »
Shockingly enough, they pulled the PDF.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 04:23:54 PM »
Shockingly enough, they pulled the PDF.

Saved it.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 04:24:49 PM »
"Season ticket holders will now provide their preferred location by section and row and be allowed to give detailed preferences within selected row."

Is this just a technicality now? Officially the athletic department has to be the one choosing the seats, but we can provide "detailed" preference?

If this is a tax deduction reason, why not ditch the mandatory donations and just raise ticket prices?

Is this some stupid website development issue where they can't figure out how to select the specific seats through the web interface and they are hiding behind the mandatory changes thing????

🏀

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 04:27:10 PM »
Is this some stupid website development issue where they can't figure out how to select the specific seats through the web interface and they are hiding behind the mandatory changes thing????

Or they don't want to pay for the system they currently use every year.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 04:29:21 PM »
I really hope there's simply been enough backlash from this that they are going back to choosing seats. If it's every year, fine, but especially for STHs that plan to upgrade their seats over the coming years, I want to be able to pick, not just say "ehh, throw a dart at the wall about there".

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 04:29:46 PM »

The .pdf said that they are reseating annually to conform with charitable status requirements.  Not that you can no longer pick individual seats due to IRS requirements.

I wonder if the "not picking out individual seats" thing is more of a time saving measure because they now have to do it every year.  I can't see how it is though...

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 04:43:45 PM »
I wonder if the "not picking out individual seats" thing is more of a time saving measure because they now have to do it every year.  I can't see how it is though...

Considering that staff now has to do every single entry instead of watching and handling questions/problems, this can't possibly be a simpler way of doing it.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

🏀

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 04:45:07 PM »
Is it a reasonable request to write in not to be seated next to anyone that chooses to wear NASCAR apparel or resemble Honey Boo Boo's family?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 04:57:44 PM »
Considering that staff now has to do every single entry instead of watching and handling questions/problems, this can't possibly be a simpler way of doing it.

More so, you won't know if there are better seats unchosen that you could move into in advance.  So you can still watch online but not select the better seats as you already gave your preferences?  So, will there will be an IM system that I can converse with MU AD when my points appointment comes up to move up?  Cluster.

As to the yearly reseating, not a bad idea.  Now, folks give more in one year and the minimum the next which makes for uneven revenue flow.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 05:03:58 PM »
They tweeted out a link to the PDF with a letter from Broeker.

The more I read this, the more I read a "you give us DETAILED PREFERENCES, *WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE*, but we have to officially pick the seats for you to keep the tax writeoffs for you."
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 05:15:41 PM »
They tweeted out a link to the PDF with a letter from Broeker.

The more I read this, the more I read a "you give us DETAILED PREFERENCES, *WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE*, but we have to officially pick the seats for you to keep the tax writeoffs for you."

But the problem is you still can't see seats. So if my preference is the best row with aisle seating, I have no idea where that is. If I'm in one of the sections right on midcourt and prefer to be as close to the halfcourt line as possible, I can't tell which row has seats which correspond with my preference.

There might be a wink wink nudge nudge attempt, but if you have to pick section and row first, there's only so much leeway you can get unless you pick an empty row.

feedback