[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bart Lundy on Tyler Kolek  (Read 7305 times)

Afroman

• All American
Bart Lundy on Tyler Kolek
« on: April 04, 2024, 09:54:29 AM »
While driving around this morning, I was listening to 102.9 FM. Bob and Brian are having their annual Radio-thon for the MACC Fund.
They had Milwaukee coach Bart Lundy on as a guest. The wide-ranging 30-minute interview was pretty interesting. He talked a lot about the portal, NIL, life as a mid-major (and how he talked to the NC State coach this morning about BJ Freeman).
Then he had this throwaway comment about how Shaka has to be pretty happy with the present he received with Kolek returning.
Did anyone else hear this?

jficke13

• All American
Re: Bart Lundy on Tyler Kolek
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 09:56:19 AM »
wow, Bob and Brian are still going?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 09:59:22 AM »
I can't listen right now, but the interview is on Facebook.

wow, Bob and Brian are still going?

Yeah...that too.

I heard Dave from the old Dave and Carole show on KLH is retiring this year.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2024, 10:15:55 AM »
The quote was, "I feel for Shaka because they really had a great year.  But he got a really nice gift with Kolek coming back.  I mean I think with having that point guard back...that is true right?  I didn't make that up?  I heard that he's coming back, the little point guard who's fantastic, so Shaka will be okay."

Sounds like he just doesn't know what he's talking about.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2024, 10:34:32 AM »
"Little" 6-3 PG?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2024, 10:35:42 AM »
Did he fall for an april fools post HAHAHAH

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload

mug644

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2024, 11:21:20 AM »
The quote was, "I feel for Shaka because they really had a great year.  But he got a really nice gift with Kolek coming back.  I mean I think with having that point guard back...that is true right?  I didn't make that up?  I heard that he's coming back, the little point guard who's fantastic, so Shaka will be okay."

Sounds like he just doesn't know what he's talking about.

I didn't hear it, but from the quote I wonder if the "gift" was that Kolek came back for the tournament, after missing the 6 prior games. Could that be it?

Slick

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2024, 11:51:37 AM »
That's how I took it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2024, 12:12:21 PM »
I didn't hear it, but from the quote I wonder if the "gift" was that Kolek came back for the tournament, after missing the 6 prior games. Could that be it?

The interview was this morning.  So questioning himself and saying he heard he's coming back, after discussing MU shooting 4/31 in the NC State game, makes it pretty unlikely he didn't know whether Kolek was "coming back."
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2024, 12:21:05 PM »

I think the whole quote is meaningless and he doesn’t have any intel

But he absolutely was not talking pre ncaa
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2024, 12:21:27 PM »
I mean Kolek has unfinished business, he'd better come back.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2024, 12:55:06 PM »
While I have no idea if Kolek is entertaining returning to MU, that is interesting comment from a guy that could have inside info. You don't normally hear coaches make statements about other teams or players without thinking before speaking.

MUbiz

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2024, 12:56:39 PM »
While I have no idea if Kolek is entertaining returning to MU, that is interesting comment from a guy that could have inside info. You don't normally hear coaches make statements about other teams or players without thinking before speaking.

It is very interesting, especially since Tyler and a bunch of MUBB guys play pick up with the UWM guys during the summer frequently. They all know each other very well.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2024, 12:58:34 PM »
Sounds to me like he’s heard it and while saying it out loud realized this might not be public info so he scrambled.
No Finish Line

onepost

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2024, 01:00:30 PM »
Sounds to me like he’s heard it and while saying it out loud realized this might not be public info so he scrambled.

Bingo

MUbiz

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2024, 01:05:07 PM »
Bart confirmed it was an april fools joke about Tyler

https://twitter.com/CoachBartLundy/status/1775946620388917531

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2024, 01:05:07 PM »
Or he heard "something." This just might be a bad game of telephone.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2024, 01:10:35 PM »
Bart confirmed it was an april fools joke about Tyler

https://twitter.com/CoachBartLundy/status/1775946620388917531

He didn’t confirm anything. Said it may have been.

And this would also be the easy back track if he slipped up saying something he shouldn’t yet.

Kolek is gone, but this tweet doesn’t confirm anything.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Goose

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2024, 01:11:51 PM »
I don't think Lundy was pulling an April Fools prank or believed one either. It sounded like he caught himself saying something he might regret later. Now, I would still be shocked if TK returned, it definitely was interesting comment that really had nothing to do with the question asked of him.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 01:20:22 PM by Goose »

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2024, 01:13:24 PM »
When do you guys think the players will make their official announcements? Next week after final four?

Not getting my hopes up by any means, but I’m a little surprised we haven’t been mentioned with any guards in the portal to this point especially considering Sean is not likely to be ready for the start of the season.

MUbiz

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2024, 01:25:36 PM »
When do you guys think the players will make their official announcements? Next week after final four?

Not getting my hopes up by any means, but I’m a little surprised we haven’t been mentioned with any guards in the portal to this point especially considering Sean is not likely to be ready for the start of the season.

I would assume we could possibly see things as early as next week. This week Shaka is having the end of year discussions with the team.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2024, 01:37:35 PM »

I think you can expect Oso is gone with our without an announcement. TKO will go through the process,  no idea if he will officially announce that but probably won't make a decision until combine time. Kam I could see announcing if he decides to not go through the process
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2024, 02:04:49 PM »
TAMU

What is the advantage for TK not saying anything until the combine? I think Omax declared right around the FF last year. Not really sure why any of them would not make some announcement sooner than later. I do not watch other team's players that closely when it comes to the draft, but I see no reason to be quiet on the topic.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2024, 02:38:24 PM »
While driving around this morning, I was listening to 102.9 FM. Bob and Brian are having their annual Radio-thon for the MACC Fund.
They had Milwaukee coach Bart Lundy on as a guest. The wide-ranging 30-minute interview was pretty interesting. He talked a lot about the portal, NIL, life as a mid-major (and how he talked to the NC State coach this morning about BJ Freeman).
Then he had this throwaway comment about how Shaka has to be pretty happy with the present he received with Kolek returning.
Did anyone else hear this?

Yep. Great interview. I was at work, so the TK might have been at the end. Pissed I didn't listen better.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

feedback