'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wichita State Game Thread  (Read 19484 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Wichita State Game Thread
« Reply #250 on: November 21, 2017, 02:50:10 PM »
When an opponent shoots 54% from the floor and scores 40 points in the paint, it's hard to give the D much credit.

Merritt, normally I would agree, but considering their overwhelming strength and experience, I thought we played well for the most part on D despite some breakdowns.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #251 on: November 21, 2017, 02:51:14 PM »
Rowsey and Howard are clearly MU's best scoring options but when they combine to take two-thirds of the team's shots and only account for 3 assists, MU isn't going to win.

Three guys on MU can score. We don't have much room for balance when the options are limited. It is a shame we don't have an offensive presence down low. Maybe Harry can drop a few for us when he gets eligible.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #252 on: November 21, 2017, 02:51:46 PM »
Merritt, normally I would agree, but considering their overwhelming strength and experience, I thought we played well for the most part on D despite some breakdowns.
I agree. I think the stats got skewed late when it was clear we ran out of gas. They started getting to the paint at will the same time our shots stopped falling. That’s no coincidence
No Finish Line

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #253 on: November 21, 2017, 02:57:30 PM »
Honestly this team has grit that I haven’t seen from any wojo team yet. Defensively we’re way ahead of wojos previous teams. We have two legit, dynamic scorers. We have freshman that are contributing, but more importantly have high ceilings. And we had our chances to win this game but for our shots not falling.

I just like this team. And I’m the first to admit I haven’t enjoyed watching any of wojos previous teams

Freshman have some talent, but need to bring something to the offensive end.  Theo will not bring much this year, maybe never.  The other 2 have to start.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #254 on: November 21, 2017, 03:02:18 PM »
The other 2 have to start.
In place of whom?  Haanif, maybe (but I disagree) but which other starter should be replaced?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #255 on: November 21, 2017, 03:03:22 PM »
In place of whom?  Haanif, maybe (but I disagree) but which other starter should be replaced?

He meant start showing something offensively.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #256 on: November 21, 2017, 03:05:02 PM »
Figured it was easy to grasp.

Poster said "what bright spots"

I said a bright spot was that a top 10 team didn't clock(another word for destroy) us. And that when we take better shots we will be able to win a lot of these games.
Thanks for deciphering what you typed.  I honestly couldn't figure it out.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #257 on: November 21, 2017, 03:05:29 PM »
He meant start showing something offensively.
OK.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #258 on: November 21, 2017, 03:07:09 PM »
We can already see what kind of teams will hurt us.

Big, strong, experienced.

None of us should be surprised by that. Good news is we will have size next year. Size that can score and board.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #259 on: November 21, 2017, 03:10:40 PM »
Agreed. And when is Wojo going to get off his lame ass and protest some of this crap?

I was there.  He was red in the face from yelling at the refs all game. Guy in their faces multiple times.  Surprised he didn't get Ted
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #260 on: November 21, 2017, 03:16:26 PM »
I was there.  He was red in the face from yelling at the refs all game. Guy in their faces multiple times.  Surprised he didn't get Ted

The 2nd foul on Howard was egregious. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #261 on: November 21, 2017, 03:18:33 PM »
I'm having a hard time understanding what is exactly a foul these days.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #262 on: November 21, 2017, 03:19:28 PM »

Similar to the catch rules in the NFL, I don't think it's completely clear to the officials either.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #263 on: November 21, 2017, 03:21:44 PM »
Honestly this team has grit that I haven’t seen from any wojo team yet. Defensively we’re way ahead of wojos previous teams. We have two legit, dynamic scorers. We have freshman that are contributing, but more importantly have high ceilings. And we had our chances to win this game but for our shots not falling.

I just like this team. And I’m the first to admit I haven’t enjoyed watching any of wojos previous teams
Fair enough.  I guess I just didn't see anything today to dispel my concerns for this team.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #264 on: November 21, 2017, 03:31:11 PM »
We can already see what kind of teams will hurt us.

Big, strong, experienced.

None of us should be surprised by that. Good news is we will have size next year. Size that can score and board.

Agree, 3 frosh and 4 sophs. I think Sacar is a little better than Hanii in at least Sacar has a shot at finishing his layup whereas Hanii seems to seldom get the ball above the rim. Let the sophs and frosh play and get the experience. With Morrow and Joey next season we should have some scoring inside.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #265 on: November 21, 2017, 03:32:04 PM »
Looking forward to watching Cain develop. The program hasn't had a guy with his length and hops since Jamil Wilson graduated.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #266 on: November 21, 2017, 04:03:16 PM »

So are the refs.

mayfairskatingrink

• Starter
« Reply #267 on: November 21, 2017, 04:10:51 PM »
For a guy that was supposed to be really good, there sure are a lot of comments along the lines of "Sam never found his rhythm" or "Sam was taken out of his game with fouls" or "Sam never got into the flow." 

Maybe Sam Hauser just isn't going to be that good.  His ceiling looks to be an average college basketball player.  There's nothing wrong with that.  He's OK offensively and very weak on defense. 

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #268 on: November 21, 2017, 04:24:50 PM »
HC clearly has no confidence in going to the basket with his right hand. He tried that goofy up and under today when going strong with the right probably would have gotten him to the foul line. Yesterday on an open right side layup he switched to his left hand at last minute. Good defense but can't understand the mental block over using his right hand. Should have fixed it over the past 2 summers.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #269 on: November 21, 2017, 04:25:21 PM »
For a guy that was supposed to be really good, there sure are a lot of comments along the lines of "Sam never found his rhythm" or "Sam was taken out of his game with fouls" or "Sam never got into the flow." 

Maybe Sam Hauser just isn't going to be that good.  His ceiling looks to be an average college basketball player.  There's nothing wrong with that.  He's OK offensively and very weak on defense.
I was going to offer a rebuttal then I saw who wrote this and realized it isn’t worth the effort.
No Finish Line

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #270 on: November 21, 2017, 04:29:33 PM »
Freshman have some talent, but need to bring something to the offensive end.  Theo will not bring much this year, maybe never.  The other 2 have to start.
This is so wrong
No Finish Line

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #271 on: November 21, 2017, 05:41:12 PM »
He's OK offensively and very weak on defense.

I know you are just trolling but in case anyone is wondering,  of all returning Big East players,  only two ranked in the top 5 for both eFG% and dPPP. One was Jalen Brunson,  the other was Sam.  The idea that Sam is a poor defender is one of the craziest myths that sometimes gets posted on this board
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #272 on: November 21, 2017, 05:50:45 PM »

This is at least the 2nd if not 3rd attempt at trolling Sam Hauser after the game today. If you would have watched the game yesterday, you would have seen a complete all around player......and he’s a sophomore.
He had some quick fouls that threw him off today, so in your mind that equates to a sub par player who will never be better than mediocre.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #273 on: November 21, 2017, 06:02:58 PM »

We hope you enjoyed watching your first ever Marquette basketball game today enough to catch another one at some point.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #274 on: November 21, 2017, 06:07:31 PM »

Ugh.  Where have you been?