[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Harbaugh Arrogance  (Read 17711 times)

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
Re: Harbaugh Arrogance
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2012, 10:17:21 PM »

PTSD.

When you get your fat @ss off your government-funded education desk job and do something useful for the country, let us all know.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2012, 10:24:37 PM »
If indeed it is warthog, which I strongly believe, that did cross the line.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 06:47:46 AM »
When you get your fat @ss off your government-funded education desk job and do something useful for the country, let us all know.

lol mad.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 07:51:56 AM »
sorry, I don't find a PSTD joke about an air force pilot very funny.

like warthog's posts or not, that crossed a line.

Oh well.  Like I said, I guess I just have a ways to go before I can reach your level of humor.  Some day Ziggy....some day....

Someday...someday.  Right now I'm concentrating on burning the Benjamins that the taxpayers of Indiana send me every month.  It's a hard job.

LON

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2012, 07:55:29 AM »
Smells like sex in here.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 07:56:37 AM »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 07:56:55 AM »
Smells like sex in here.

You the dog from The League??

LON

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 08:02:37 AM »
You the dog from The League??

Next time, jerk off in your van like a gentleman.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2012, 09:19:33 AM »

Oh well.  Like I said, I guess I just have a ways to go before I can reach your level of humor.  Some day Ziggy....some day....

Someday...someday.  Right now I'm concentrating on burning the Benjamins that the taxpayers of Indiana send me every month.  It's a hard job.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2012, 09:22:04 AM »
BBBBBBBWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

See???????????  How could I ever top that!!!!!!!!!!?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2012, 09:41:17 AM »
BBBBBBBWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

See???????????  How could I ever top that!!!!!!!!!!?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Ever thought about simply saying - I'm sorry, my "joke" wasn't in good taste.  My bad. 

PTSD is a very real, and sad outcome for many who have fought for our country and put their lives in danger, had to kill people, etc.  It never should be referenced in any joking scenario.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2012, 09:46:10 AM »
Ever thought about simply saying - I'm sorry, my "joke" wasn't in good taste.  My bad. 

PTSD is a very real, and sad outcome for many who have fought for our country and put their lives in danger, had to kill people, etc.  It never should be referenced in any joking scenario.

It's sooooo hard to keep this all straight.  What I can joke about...what I can't.

Can you provide me a list?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2012, 09:48:00 AM »

If could make a list of things that are sad and sensitive and that people should never make a joke about it please also include:

~Racism
~Poverty
~Gay people
~9/11
~Drugs
~Abortion
~Death
~Religion
~And basically every episode of South Park, every standup routine by George Carlin, Louis CK, Eddie Murphy, Dave Chappelle...

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2012, 09:52:25 AM »
If could make a list of things that are sad and sensitive and that people should never make a joke about it please also include:

~Racism
~Poverty
~Gay people
~9/11
~Drugs
~Abortion
~Death
~Religion
~And basically every episode of South Park, every standup routine by George Carlin, Louis CK, Eddie Murphy, Dave Chappelle...

Did you ever hear the one about the gay priest and the poor black woman who died of a drug overdose after having an abortion on 9/11?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2012, 09:53:13 AM »

It's sooooo hard to keep this all straight.  What I can joke about...what I can't.

Can you provide me a list?
'merica

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2012, 10:00:02 AM »
sorry, I don't find a PSTD joke about an air force pilot very funny.

like warthog's posts or not, that crossed a line.

People that want to draw lines, and boundaries, and decide what is sacred to make fun of and what is not are way more dangerous that whatever damage could've been done from a f***ing joke.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 10:07:11 AM by Aughnanure »
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

reinko

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2012, 10:01:56 AM »
Did you ever hear the one about the gay priest and the poor black woman who died of a drug overdose after having an abortion on 9/11?

One of my fav's, always has the family rolling at the Thanksgiving table.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2012, 10:17:47 AM »

~Racism
~Poverty
~Gay people
~9/11
~Drugs
~Abortion
~Death
~Religion

Find me a successful* stand up comedian who has incorporated a joke of PTSD into their schtick.  Good luck.  Even comedians who take on all of the above categories you outline, have enough of filter and common sense to not make light of/joke about the reality of PTSD...and to take it a step further...to make a joke directly toward a military member (as was the case in this thread).
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2012, 10:18:46 AM »
People that want to draw lines, and boundaries, and decide what is sacred to make fun of and what is not are way more dangerous that whatever damage could've been done from a f***ing joke.

And people who fail to have a shred of common sense are way more dangerous than those who exercise some restraint/common sense.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2012, 10:28:32 AM »
Find me a successful* stand up comedian who has incorporated a joke of PTSD into their schtick.  Good luck.  Even comedians who take on all of the above categories you outline, have enough of filter and common sense to not make light of/joke about the reality of PTSD...and to take it a step further...to make a joke directly toward a military member (as was the case in this thread).

Just so we are clear, PTSD is a no-no...but 9/11, racism, abortion, child molestation are fair game for SUCCESSFUL comedians.  Honest question.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2012, 10:29:23 AM »

Okay.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hSp8IyaKCs0&amp;fs=1&amp;source=uds" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hSp8IyaKCs0&amp;fs=1&amp;source=uds</a>

Having found that, though, I am not disagreeing with you that the joke was in poor taste.  But, let's be adults, grow up, and move on.  You know, sort of like coming here and posting the about the RELATIVES of a former coach who left 6 years ago.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2012, 10:30:49 AM »
And people who fail to have a shred of common sense are way more dangerous than those who exercise some restraint/common sense.

Describe the potential danger please. Feelings get hurt?
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2012, 10:36:47 AM »
Describe the potential danger please. Feelings get hurt?

Post Traumatic Posting Disorder.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2012, 10:45:50 AM »

I'm always amazed at the hostility that can be expressed by some in the military against those they are sworn to protect. 
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2012, 10:53:31 AM »
In before the lock

feedback