[Today at 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Holly Ellenson speaks...  (Read 76354 times)

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
Re: Holly Ellenson speaks...
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2016, 09:37:40 AM »
Then why are you holding Marquette to standards that do not exist anywhere else in major D1 college basketball?
because Marquette is "SPECIAL" because we went there.  Duh.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2016, 09:38:07 AM »
Then why are you holding Marquette to standards that do not exist anywhere else in major D1 college basketball?

Because I expect more from my alma matter than the minimal standards that exist elsewhere.  What Texas Tech does, and what standards they have, is their business.  I literally do not care.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2016, 09:39:54 AM »

Because I expect more from my alma matter than the minimal standards that exist elsewhere.  What Texas Tech does, and what standards they have, is their business.  I literally do not care.

If those are truly your expectations, that is your prerogative. But I'm sure you already know in the back of your head that they are unrealistic.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2016, 09:41:08 AM »

Fair enough.  But don't forget that MU has given him a full ride for next year.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2016, 09:41:39 AM »
If those are truly your expectations, that is your prerogative. But I'm sure you already know in the back of your head that they are unrealistic.

I understand my expectations put MU on a competitive disadvantage.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2016, 09:41:57 AM »
Last night, I had my best night of sleep in weeks.

Seriously. 8 hours, didn't even wake up in the middle of the night to pee, which is a rarity. (If you are under 45, your time is coming!)

I just can't get outraged by any of this. I'm looking forward to filling that scholly with an outstanding player and getting back into the tourney next year.

Go Warriors!

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2016, 09:43:39 AM »

MUScoop - The Home of The False Moral High-Ground since 2006

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2016, 09:43:45 AM »

Fair enough. To each their own. I at least respect the fact that you know you can't have it both ways.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2016, 09:44:42 AM »

Luckily for us MU doesn't really care what the Sultan thinks  ;D

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2016, 09:45:45 AM »
It's about solidarity - I just unfollowed all of MU's twitters and I will never buy ice cream from a truck again.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2016, 09:47:04 AM »
Really hoping SMOKE AND MIRRORS becomes the next big Scoop meme.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2016, 09:50:54 AM »
Fair enough. To each their own. I at least respect the fact that you know you can't have it both ways.

Well and I do think that if Wojo had made it clear to Wally that he expected more in the off season, and Wally wasn't willing to do so, that Wojo was right to pull the scholarship.  So if that was the case, then I'm good.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2016, 09:53:10 AM »
We're going off the rails here so if somebody wants to start a Superbar thread that'll be great but let me say this.  Chick and I have served on the Parents' Association Board for 6 years.  Helicoptering is the single greatest complaint every administrator voices.  Bat crazy stuff.  I think chick has mentioned a few examples here on scoop through the years.  Like they're in 2nd grade and can't tie their shoes stuff.

I remember when my mommy sent out a tweet after I didn't make the team.
Ludum habemus.

warriorfan 14

• Starter
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2016, 10:16:09 AM »
If she wants to say MU just used Wally, then I guess you could say Henry just used Marquette. Was the main guy on offense, jacked up a lot of bad 3's, and didn't play a lick of defense. MU didn't make the tourney but he gets to be a lottery pick. I'd say the Ellenson's came out alright

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2016, 10:26:49 AM »

Seriously. 8 hours, didn't even wake up in the middle of the night to pee, which is a rarity. (If you are under 45, your time is coming!)

I just can't get outraged by any of this. I'm looking forward to filling that scholly with an outstanding player and getting back into the tourney next year.

Go Warriors!
Kudos on the pee free night.

Hopefully, we can get our 6-9 pogo stick on board soon.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2016, 10:36:35 AM »

Go Warriors!

Exactly.  This is nothing but great news.  Wojo clearly has a very good feeling that someone who will contribute greatly to our program is coming in.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2016, 10:48:38 AM »
If she wants to say MU just used Wally, then I guess you could say Henry just used Marquette. Was the main guy on offense, jacked up a lot of bad 3's, and didn't play a lick of defense. MU didn't make the tourney but he gets to be a lottery pick. I'd say the Ellenson's came out alright

Bob Seeger's "Night Moves":

I used her
She used me
And neither one cared
We were gettin' our share

Or maybe Bill Withers:

I wanna spread the news
That if it feels this good gettin' used
You just keep on using me
Tim you use me up
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 10:51:33 AM by Lennys Tap »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2016, 10:54:08 AM »
With you here 100%.

The full-ride track scholarship (which MU does not do, generally speaking, they only give out partials) shows to me that MU takes Cura Personalis very seriously. They are making sure this kid completes his education tuition-free, even after being cut from the team that gives out full-rides.

Under NCAA rules, Men's track has only 12.6 scholarships.  Based upon the current roster on the website, there are 49 athletes dividing those scholarships.  I'm not familiar enough with NCAA track and field to know whether an elite, all-american athlete like Wally would typically get a full ride or not. 

I'm glad that he's still getting a scholarship at Marquette and can finish his education.  I don't know enough about what was said a couple years ago to know one way or another exactly how I feel about the entire situation.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 10:57:00 AM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2016, 10:58:17 AM »
Under NCAA rules, Men's track has only 12.6 scholarships.  Based upon the current roster on the website, there are 49 athletes dividing those scholarships.  I'm not familiar enough with NCAA track and field to know whether an elite, all-american athlete like Wally would typically get a full ride or not. 

I'm glad that he's still getting a scholarship at Marquette and can finish his education.  I don't know enough about what was said a couple years ago to know one way or another exactly how I feel about the entire situatoin.

Sounds like we stole from the poor (track team) to give to the rich (the Ellensons) for the benefit of the super rich (basketball program). Cura Personalis!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2016, 10:59:58 AM »

Go Warriors

LXXXII,
Did ya stuff da ol' sausage too, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2016, 11:04:52 AM »

Go Warriors!

New Scoop meme:  Pee-free night.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2016, 11:05:43 AM »
Sounds like we stole from the poor (track team) to give to the rich (the Ellensons) for the benefit of the super rich (basketball program). Cura Personalis!

He is a legitimate contender for an NCAA scholarship.  He deserves a full ride, which is what I am sure many other schools would have offered him.

Perhaps we should split some of our basketball schollies in half so that instead of 13 4-5 star players, we can have 10 4-5 star players and 6 2-star players.
Have some patience, FFS.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2016, 11:16:05 AM »

Perhaps we should split some of our basketball schollies in half so that instead of 13 4-5 star players, we can have 10 4-5 star players and 6 2-star players.

Q: When was the last time we had 13 4-5 star players?

A: Never.

But you're right, I'm sure that the 4 track guys on partial aid who lose their schollies so that the basketball team gets a "do over" on scholarship #13 don't feel ripped off at all.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2016, 11:20:11 AM »
Q: When was the last time we had 13 4-5 star players?

A: Never.

But you're right, I'm sure that the 4 track guys on partial aid who lose their schollies so that the basketball team gets a "do over" on scholarship #13 don't feel ripped off at all.

Do you know for a fact that any track guys lost their schollies, meaning they had them, but not any more?

Also, if we could give our schollies to all 4 and 5 star players., would you be in favor of the split-out?  That is what I was really asking.
Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2016, 11:25:19 AM »
C'mon man, no school gives out partial basketball schollies. Ya either piss wit da big dudes, or not at all, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"