[Today at 09:33:51 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[May 08, 2024, 08:59:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Protests  (Read 75998 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: Protests
« Reply #200 on: June 01, 2020, 06:10:27 PM »
I just saw Trump say if the local authorities don't get rioting under control he would order active duty military in.....

1. That's banana republic $hit
2. I believe such an order would unlawful and if active duty I would refuse to obey it.
3. I voted for Trump, but I will not do so again. He has failed his leadership test as of now
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #201 on: June 01, 2020, 06:14:38 PM »
It was National Park and military police. They hold jurisdiction around the White House.
They fired tear gas, flash bang grenades and rubber bullets on peaceful protesters so Trump could walk across the street for a photo op.
And now he's threatening to send the Army into cities that don't deal with protests to his liking.
Sh*tshow.

So the law and order president has vowed to break the law by sending military troops into states.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #202 on: June 01, 2020, 06:15:37 PM »
So the law and order president has vowed to break the law by sending military troops into states.

Law for the, not for me
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #203 on: June 01, 2020, 06:16:24 PM »
Good lord.  that's secret service protocol to move the president to the bunker or AF1 any time there is a physical threat to the president---any president.

They didn't allow GWB to land on 9/11 after he left the school he was at, and Cheney was taken to the bunker.

https://www.history.com/news/september-11-attacks-shootdown-order-cheney-bush

But OMB ran away is the alternative narrative.

Peaceful protests are a physical threat to the president?  Comparing peaceful protests to the uncertainty of what was going on on 9/11?  Good Lord is right.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #204 on: June 01, 2020, 06:18:52 PM »
Peaceful protests are a physical threat to the president?  Comparing peaceful protests to the uncertainty of what was going on on 9/11?  Good Lord is right.

The protests were hardly peaceful given that several fires were set and destruction of property occurred. Let's not lose the plot here

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #205 on: June 01, 2020, 06:22:13 PM »

I mean, it's all a bluff anyhow. He's tossing red meat to the yokels who support him. It's reality TV from the reality TV president. He's never actually going to send the Army into downtown Chicago or Los Angeles.*

* I sincerely hope this doesn't land me on Frozen Cold Takes.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #206 on: June 01, 2020, 06:36:30 PM »
Trump doesn't control the DC police does he?

According to what I've read, it's both "local and federal law enforcement."

I think Pakuni is right that it's bluster for his easily conned sheeple, but that still was the kind of speech that Saddam Hussein would give.

mu03, I'm proud of you for coming to a realization on this dangerous, deranged, dishonest strongman-wannabe.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #207 on: June 01, 2020, 06:37:19 PM »
Has the Posse Comitatus Act ever been tested?
Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #208 on: June 01, 2020, 06:37:48 PM »

Burning a church and the AFL-CIO building is sure peaceful.

Maybe wades was out their with his A mask on with the rest of antifa.

(ahuck, ahuck, ahuck, antifa means anti-fascist, just like our grandparents on D-day.)

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #209 on: June 01, 2020, 06:51:51 PM »
Burning a church and the AFL-CIO building is sure peaceful.

Maybe wades was out their with his A mask on with the rest of antifa.

(ahuck, ahuck, ahuck, antifa means anti-fascist, just like our grandparents on D-day.)

That was yesterday. Different group of people.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #210 on: June 01, 2020, 06:55:04 PM »
Eff calm. Eff unity. Eff empathy. Idi Trump is gonna start gunning down Americans, especially our black citizens. Jason Kessler, Richard Spencer and David Duke must be beaming right now!

If only he had been this forceful when the torch-carrying, anti-Semitic-chanting, white supremacist terrorists were menacing the people of Charlottesville and, ultimately, killing an innocent woman.

I guess this must mean that there are zero "very fine people" at any of these rallies.

Putin is smiling, too. His puppet is performing perfectly.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #211 on: June 01, 2020, 06:55:57 PM »
That was yesterday. Different group of people.

No, the discussion was about the president be taken to the bunker last night. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #212 on: June 01, 2020, 07:00:12 PM »
The greatest failure of leadership in the history of this country. An absolute embarrassment. Waging a war on his own citizens.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #213 on: June 01, 2020, 07:22:58 PM »
Did we really just witness military police use tear gas and rubber bullets to clear peaceful American protesters out of Lafayette Park so Idi Trump could stroll through, surrounded by his merry band of white nationalists, for a photo op?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #214 on: June 01, 2020, 07:23:48 PM »
Now Trump uses the military to clear out protesters so he can have a photo op at a church. Wow.

https://apnews.com/b3817623ef861818803b5676d43741ea

As Trump spoke, an incredible TV split screen developed around the White House. While he addressed the nation in the White House’s idyllic Rose Garden, a series of military vehicles rolled out front on Pennsylvania Avenue and military police and law enforcement clashed with protesters at Lafayette Park.

Those peaceful demonstrators were cleared so Trump could walk across the park to St. John’s Episcopal Church, known as “The Church of the Presidents,” which suffered fire damage in a protest this week. Holding a Bible, he then stood with several of his Cabinet members as the cameras clicked.

————-

This is freakin surreal.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #215 on: June 01, 2020, 07:41:52 PM »
Now Trump uses the military to clear out protesters so he can have a photo op at a church. Wow.

https://apnews.com/b3817623ef861818803b5676d43741ea

As Trump spoke, an incredible TV split screen developed around the White House. While he addressed the nation in the White House’s idyllic Rose Garden, a series of military vehicles rolled out front on Pennsylvania Avenue and military police and law enforcement clashed with protesters at Lafayette Park.

Those peaceful demonstrators were cleared so Trump could walk across the park to St. John’s Episcopal Church, known as “The Church of the Presidents,” which suffered fire damage in a protest this week. Holding a Bible, he then stood with several of his Cabinet members as the cameras clicked.

————-

This is freakin surreal.

And the pastor of the Church is PISSED.

Anyway, the ironic thing is that this is the sort of action that Trump voters would have been rightfully up in arms about it if Obama had done it.

Remember that time the GOP labeled him an “Emperor?” 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #216 on: June 01, 2020, 07:42:27 PM »
Has the Posse Comitatus Act ever been tested?

Doesn't apply because Trump would have to invoke the Insurrection Act to force the army in without state permission. Posse Comitatus limits the authority to use the military on American soil in a police capacity when in cooperation with the states.

To my knowledge the Insurrection Act has never been used without the states agreeing except for the Civil War

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #217 on: June 01, 2020, 08:02:08 PM »
250 active duty military personnel deploying to DC from Fort Bragg. Remember where you were today.

https://www.abc57.com/news/active-duty-troops-deploying-to-washington-dc

"Washington, they had large groups, very large groups. ... But Washington was under great control," Trump said. "But we're going to have it under much more control. We're pouring in -- we're going to pull in thousands of people."

"We're going to clamp down very, very strong," Trump said. "The word is dominate. If you don't dominate your city and your state, they're gonna walk away with you. And we're doing it in Washington, in DC, we're going to do something that people haven't seen before. ... But we're going to have total domination."

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #218 on: June 01, 2020, 08:04:04 PM »
This is so messed up

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #219 on: June 01, 2020, 08:06:44 PM »
Where are all the republicans shouting about this? Is this not the big government you guys all ranted about and freaked out about every time Obama did a single thing?! Just admit you don't stand for $hit outside of the social crap your religion tells you.
Maigh Eo for Sam

🏀

• All American
« Reply #220 on: June 01, 2020, 08:17:32 PM »
Where are all the republicans shouting about this? Is this not the big government you guys all ranted about and freaked out about every time Obama did a single thing?! Just admit you don't stand for $hit outside of the social crap your religion tells you.

I’d say it’s more personal wealth than religion, but yeah.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #221 on: June 01, 2020, 08:17:39 PM »

Marco Rubio will tweet a heartwarming bible verse tomorrow and Ted Cruz will fight with a celebrity on twitter.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #222 on: June 01, 2020, 08:41:53 PM »
If you plan on participating, here are 19 helpful tips.

Don't forget the comfortable shoes and the burner phone

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ajanibazile/protesting-tips
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #223 on: June 01, 2020, 08:53:41 PM »

States' rights!
Local control!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #224 on: June 01, 2020, 08:58:35 PM »
Marco Rubio will tweet a heartwarming bible verse tomorrow and Ted Cruz will fight with a celebrity on twitter.

Close:  https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1267594880634806279?s=21

feedback