[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[May 05, 2024, 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Can we blame the refs now?  (Read 15590 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Can we blame the refs now?
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2019, 12:08:04 AM »
You can say they had a bad game. But really what’s with the conspiracy?  Marquette/Nova is a much better TV draw.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

PVMagic

• Starter
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2019, 12:09:38 AM »
Conspiracy? No.  Completely inept? Absolutely.

Agree with another poster- honestly after that game I just wanted to escape without further injury to any of our players.  What a joke of an ending.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2019, 12:10:27 AM »
Can’t find the rule anywhere, but why did we only get one FT for the basket interference tech? It’s in the play by play as one free throw too, so the broadcast didn’t miss it too.

Warrior1

• Starter

TJ

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2019, 12:29:43 AM »
Can’t find the rule anywhere, but why did we only get one FT for the basket interference tech? It’s in the play by play as one free throw too, so the broadcast didn’t miss it too.
thats the rule in ncaa. There are classes of T’s and hanging on the rim is the lower class so only 1 shot.

From Wikipedia:
Before the 2015–16 season, college basketball awarded two shots for all technical fouls, with the ball then put in play at the point of interruption (POI), the spot and circumstances where play was stopped for the technical. Since 2015–16, the NCAA awards only one free throw for so-called "Class B" technicals, such as hanging on the rim or delay of game; "Class A" technical fouls still result in two free throws.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 12:33:46 AM by TJ »

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2019, 12:32:08 AM »
You can say they had a bad game. But really what’s with the conspiracy?  Marquette/Nova is a much better TV draw.
Yes. There has never been an east coast game fixing case. Or maybe not? Let's ask the guys in jail.
I don't think anything happened tonight except bad officiating but to completely ignore outside influences is ignorant.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2019, 12:39:19 AM »
They were bad. That whole technical deal in the first half was a total debacle. 

Buutt..... we were up after that. We had a chance to shut the door

WhiteTrash

• All American

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2019, 01:51:20 AM »
That was a CYA response if I've ever read one.

CYA usually has a foundation in reality. This was unnatural carnal knowledgeing lame
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2019, 08:54:29 AM »
I was at the game, I did not see everything that happened during the fracas that caused the ejections and they didn't show replays, so I did not know what happened.  Knowing Theo, I figured he probably earned his ejection.  The mood in the building was that Marquette was getting every call, and even I thought we got a friendlier then SHU whistle, especially at the end when Markus was the beneficiary of a couple ticky-tack bumps and SHU kept getting techs to keep us in the game.

If the ejections were unjustified, that of course changes everything.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2019, 08:57:07 AM »
I was at the game, I did not see everything that happened during the fracas that caused the ejections and they didn't show replays, so I did not know what happened.  Knowing Theo, I figured he probably earned his ejection.  The mood in the building was that Marquette was getting every call, and even I thought we got a friendlier then SHU whistle, especially at the end when Markus was the beneficiary of a couple ticky-tack bumps and SHU kept getting techs to keep us in the game.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1106790110727684096/pu/pl/ud0H8nnW4ZlGJbmi.m3u8?tag=8

Then theo gets shoved in the back and walks away.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2019, 08:59:09 AM »

If you can stomach it you should watch the televised version. Your perception on everything you posted will be different
No Finish Line

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2019, 09:00:14 AM »
I was at the game, I did not see everything that happened during the fracas that caused the ejections and they didn't show replays, so I did not know what happened. 

Prob should have just stopped there tbh

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2019, 09:20:40 AM »
My 81 year old mother-in-law (grew up in Boston, rarely watches college basketball) calls this morning and tells me the game was "fixed."

I can't disagree with her.

But the sad part for the Big East is that there are people like Nana out there wondering if the game was fixed.  Black eye for the Big East.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2019, 10:10:53 AM »
Prob should have just stopped there tbh
he was giving his impression of the situation from the crowd. I appreciated it. Unlike Seth Davis not watching from a studio, his opinion is worthwhile for something.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2019, 10:13:50 AM »
Yes. There has never been an east coast game fixing case. Or maybe not? Let's ask the guys in jail.
I don't think anything happened tonight except bad officiating but to completely ignore outside influences is ignorant.

I'm old, I remember, what team?
Oh, Seton Hall, now I remember.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2019, 10:21:38 AM »
Would anyone be surprised if in 5 years we found out the BET was fixed?

It would be just another scandal in a long list of corruption . . .

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #117 on: March 16, 2019, 10:24:12 AM »
Oh, and Sams actually shown he can hit those in end of game situations

I was ok with Markus last look, and it was online just an inch or two short, but I do frequently think in these end of game situations about Markus’s comments after Creighton. He went on about how Sam is the guy in practice who always makes last second shots. So, I do wish at times he would take his words to heart and find Sam in some of these clutch situations.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2019, 10:24:21 AM »
Would anyone be surprised if in 5 years we found out the BET was fixed?

It would be just another scandal in a long list of corruption . . .

The old game was shaving points, the new game is the little black, plastic, whistle.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2019, 10:31:39 AM »
The old game was shaving points, the new game is the little black, plastic, whistle.

No argument from me.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2019, 10:34:57 AM »
[quote author=Shooter McGavin link=topic=58243.msg1107113#msg1107113 date=1552712395
  It was  so random there was no way to know what a call would be before the announcer called it.   I was initially clapping at calls that 5 seconds later I found were called against us.  Brutal.
[/quote]

I did the exact same thing twice. Unreal.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2019, 10:48:26 AM »
They were bad. That whole technical deal in the first half was a total debacle. 

Buutt..... we were up after that. We had a chance to shut the door

You keep forgetting that our two best defenders were in the locker room....why is this ignored?  You further forget to mention while they were on the floor, Mr. Powell was doing NOTHING.  Furthermore, Anim had 10 points and was looking damn good offensively. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2019, 11:01:11 AM »
You keep forgetting that our two best defenders were in the locker room....why is this ignored?  You further forget to mention while they were on the floor, Mr. Powell was doing NOTHING.  Furthermore, Anim had 10 points and was looking damn good offensively.

And was a steadying hand for possessions
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2019, 11:01:43 AM »
Knowing Theo, I figured he probably earned his ejection. 
....and herein lies the problem.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2019, 11:04:05 AM »

It would be too obvious and unthinkable to pick on the BE-POTY, so focus on Anim and Theo, it goes under the radar.  And don't do anything unseemly in the closing minutes.  The fix can't be seen.  I like to see an analysis of the midwest game outcomes over the past 8 years and not simply this game.

It is also unfortunate that the games are played on the virtual home court of four of the teams in the league.  It is what it is, stay home, save your money, or send MU a check.