collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: UofC & Defense of Freedom of Inquiry, Expression  (Read 805 times)

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
UofC & Defense of Freedom of Inquiry, Expression
« on: August 25, 2016, 09:45:53 AM »
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

GGGG

• All American
Re: UofC & Defense of Freedom of Inquiry, Expression
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 09:51:44 AM »
The problem with "safe spaces" is that it has grown from someplace where people could go to be safe from physical and emotional harassment, into someplace where people can say whatever they want without dealing with thoughts and ideas contrary to their own.

The first I don't have much of a problem with.  The second I do.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 10:08:48 AM »
The problem with "safe spaces" is that it has grown from someplace where people could go to be safe from physical and emotional harassment, into someplace where people can say whatever they want without dealing with thoughts and ideas contrary to their own.

The first I don't have much of a problem with.  The second I do.

Yep.  Safe used to mean safe.  Now safe seems to mean isolated from the real world.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 12:56:58 PM »
Do we really need another thread where we can discuss everything that's wrong with Millennials?

(Hint: There is no wrong answer because we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.)
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 01:23:00 PM »
This one could very easily become a political trap.  Difficult to speak about these "safe" places without, 1) laughing so hard ya start to soil yourself, 2) realizing what these "safe" places,really are and The next thing ya know, you're CHICO'D
don't...don't don't don't don't

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing