collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Fenway Park - Tickets  (Read 1324 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Fenway Park - Tickets
« on: June 29, 2017, 09:33:01 PM »
I am traveling out to Boston from July 30-August 5.  Looking into buying tickets for a game at Fenway as the Sox are at home that entire week.  I'd assume that Stubhub would be the best way to go but was wondering if anybody had any other suggestions?

Also, if anybody wants to throw out some must dos/sees/eats in Boston I'd be more than happy to hear those recommendations.  I haven't been there since I was a kid, but we will be staying with my dad's cousin who has lived out there for as long as I've been alive so I'm sure they'll provide us with everything we need, but it can't hurt to get other opinions/options.

Thanks in advance.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Fenway Park - Tickets
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 09:46:22 PM »
If you're being hosted by someone, they'll know this, but in the North End go to Caffe Vittoria for cappuccino and Mike's Pastry for cannoli.  Food pretty much anywhere in the neighborhood, but I really liked La Summa for their incredible Gnocchi.

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 10:58:19 PM »
Look into buying tickets right from the team site, but if the game's sold out stubhub is a solid option. Fenway is tight and compact so almost every seat is great except for the outfield seats. Idk what you're looking to spend but sitting on the green monster is definitely a bucket list sports experience.

Food

Pizzeria Regina- on thatcher street in the north end is touristy but the real deal. Old school place with Lilly the best pizza you've ever had.

---Ernesto's- Regina alternative on Salem street in the north end. Great locals spot to grab slices quick and cheap.

Legal Harborside- there are a lot of legal seafood locations but this is the flagship. It's on the water in the newly developed seaport district. Sit on the 1st floor and don't leave without getting their clam chowder; it's the best I've ever had and I eat a ton of chowder.

Harvard Square- hit either Bartleys: old school burger joint or Felipe's:quick service burritos and tacos in a cool setting with a full bar and roof deck.

If you have access to a car go out to Sully's at castle island in Southie. Great quick and cheap spot for hot dogs, fried seafood and lobster rolls. Then take a walk around the island.

I could go on and on about Boston restaurants all day so if you are looking for any specific type of food/location/experience let me know and I'll have a few recommendations for you.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 07:51:11 AM »
If you're being hosted by someone, they'll know this, but in the North End go to Caffe Vittoria for cappuccino and Mike's Pastry for cannoli.  Food pretty much anywhere in the neighborhood, but I really liked La Summa for their incredible Gnocchi.

My wife has had the cannoli at Mike's.  Good but her opinion is that the cannolis at Peter Sciortino's in Milwaukee are better.  I've never been to Boston but can vouch for Peter Sciortino's being awesome.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 08:31:37 AM »
Mike's cannoli was good, I liked Modern better. North End is is a treat, fun mix of historical places and Italian fare. Salumeria Italiana made a pretty mean sandwich, and was on the Freedom Trail. We grabbed one and ate up on Bunker Hill. Harpoon Brewery is a fun time... taproom fills up but they have good beer, and solid bar snacks. City is incredibly easy to get around, walking or on the T.

We got tix on StubHub for Fenway, right around face. But that was a couple years ago when the team was struggling. Had dinner at Sweet Cheeks BBQ, 5 blocks from Fenway. Pretty solid Q. Definitely recommend the Fenway tour if you have time. You get to see every part of the ballpark, and if you get one of the older tour guides, some fun stories.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 09:20:03 AM »
....just don't wear any Yankee gear to the game.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 12:11:56 PM »
It would take a bit of planning, but I'd try to see Sale pitch.  He's been worth the price of admission his entire career.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 08:56:37 AM »
Lunch near Fenway Park -- El Pelon is my favorite Boston burrito place. $
Pavement has great coffee and sandwiches $
Brunch - Sorella's in JP $
Dinner/drinks - The Haven in JP $$

feedback