[May 20, 2024, 11:10:42 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 20, 2024, 03:33:38 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[May 20, 2024, 05:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golden State Warriors  (Read 1606 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Golden State Warriors
« on: December 08, 2015, 07:25:51 PM »
First and foremost, I can't believe how offensive their name is.  Second, they gave up 60 points in the first half at Indianapolis...and they lead by 19.  Unbelievable what they're doing.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Golden State Warriors
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 08:04:28 PM »
My NBA watching is usually limited to teams with MU alums - Golden State is the exception.  Ridiculously fun to watch.  Curry is just crazy good.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 08:18:35 PM »
My NBA watching is usually limited to teams with MU alums - Golden State is the exception.  Ridiculously fun to watch.  Curry is just crazy good.

Yup.  They are incredibly entertaining.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 11:45:37 AM »
Wow. I totally agree.
Its so rare for a first time champion to come out even better and stronger the next year. Egos, No Steve Kerr....I had guessed there would be a falloff---so very wrong.

Curry is great, but even without him they'd win 50-55 or so.
Their ball flow, style of play, etc is super entertaining and so easy on the fans eyes...just a real pleasure.

A few years ago...I spoke with a Liverpool fan, as I am Real Madrid fan. Both of us agreed that Barca style of play is fun to watch. He said Barca is everybody's second favorite team. The same could be said for Packers being most NFLers second favorite team.

I am a Rockets fan (ouch-nowadays), but the Warriors for me and many NBAers are quickly becoming their second favorite NBA team
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 12:03:36 PM »
And they are completely overshadowing the Spurs who have put together the quietest 18-4 start in NBA history based largely off of their defense.

That will be a hell of a conference finals.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 01:03:09 PM »
And they are completely overshadowing the Spurs who have put together the quietest 18-4 start in NBA history based largely off of their defense.

That will be a hell of a conference finals.

San Antonio might be the only team equipped to slow Golden State down. Maybe the Cavs if they're at full strength.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 01:14:37 PM »
Kawhi might be my favorite player in the NBA right now.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 01:53:52 PM »
A few years ago...I spoke with a Liverpool fan, as I am Real Madrid fan. Both of us agreed that Barca style of play is fun to watch. He said Barca is everybody's second favorite team. The same could be said for Packers being most NFLers second favorite team.

Did you just compare Barca's offense and GSW's offense and their magnetism to the Packers offense? k...

As for the Warriors, I was watching and they were down 7 in the first quarter.  Went to grab a snack and wash my hands, came back and they were up 16 with 3 min left in that same quarter.  Just astonishing the runs that team can put together.  I think the only teams to beat them will be decent teams, well coached, on off nights.  They are just too locked in and geared up against teams like the Pacers who are supposed to give them a fight.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 02:22:49 PM »
Wow. I totally agree.
Its so rare for a first time champion to come out even better and stronger the next year. Egos, No Steve Kerr....I had guessed there would be a falloff---so very wrong.

Curry is great, but even without him they'd win 50-55 or so.
Their ball flow, style of play, etc is super entertaining and so easy on the fans eyes...just a real pleasure.

I am a Rockets fan (ouch-nowadays), but the Warriors for me and many NBAers are quickly becoming their second favorite NBA team

Ew, Barca may be my least favorite team, can't stand Neymar, and Suarez falling and diving all over the place. Same goes for Rodgers and the Packers.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 02:32:08 PM »
Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods were always must watch in my house regardless of what was going on with the family. GS Warriors are not at that point but they definitely have my attention. Curry is as fun of a player to watch as I can remember in all of my years of watching ball. Was a big Pistol Pete fan and Curry makes Pete look JV player. They keep winning and putting on a show they might become must watch in near future.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 03:08:19 PM »
Ew, Barca may be my least favorite team, can't stand Neymar, and Suarez falling and diving all over the place. Same goes for Rodgers and the Packers.
We were talking soccer back in the heyday of Pep Guardiola ...Messi and his group of passers and multiple touchers playing the beautiful game...beautifully. I agree they dont play that way as much today, with the new faces.

The whole second best team is kind of ....well if my team doesnt win it all ...who do I have the least issue/heartburn with seeing them succeed. Plus,  both Barca and Packers are owned by the ticketholders...ie people owned...not the feudal playtoy of some rich guy. I know many NFLers who are fans of other teams, but also think the Packer small town people owned concept is pretty cool. The clear exception there would be bears fans....rarely would anyone expect a rival to be your second favorite team.

Actually, in the NBA, I'd easily concede the organization also worth admiring, and a good second favorite team candidate would be the Spurs
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2015, 03:10:53 PM »
I bought tickets for the Bucks-Warriors game back in October as it coincides with my early holiday trip home.

The fact that a team would still be undefeated at this point never crossed my mind. (Now watch them lose to Boston on Friday night.)

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2015, 03:14:38 PM »
We were talking soccer back in the heyday of Pep Guardiola ...Messi and his group of passers and multiple touchers playing the beautiful game...beautifully. I agree they dont play that way as much today, with the new faces

The 2011 team might have been the best ever. At least on the same level as 1950s Real & 70s Ajax.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2015, 11:36:00 PM »