[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:37:37 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Minneapolis MU bars  (Read 2347 times)

seakm4

• Team Captain
Minneapolis MU bars
« on: December 29, 2012, 11:05:55 PM »
I'm moving to MN next week and unfortunately I won't be able to go to many more games.  MU basketball is part of me and I need to know if there are any MU bars and places to view the games in the cities.

Anybody know of anything?

real chili 83

• All American
Re: Minneapolis MU bars
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 08:19:41 AM »
The local alumni club tends to organize event at Joe Sensors in Roseville. 

A few of us have watched games at Alary's in St. Paul.  They can always get a game on that is not on one of the national outlets.  The games are usually on channel 639.  Also, Alarys has a rather "talented" staff of servers.  Check their web site.  Welcome to the Twin Cities.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 08:48:38 AM »
Also have done some stuff at Mac's Industrial Sports bar (312 Central Ave SE).

Most years all but one or two games can be seen from my own TV in Minneapolis.

Might have some additional ideas, depending on the area that you're moving to.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

RideMyBuycks

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 05:24:28 PM »
Either way, post where you're going and ill try to bring a few warriors

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 10:00:46 AM »
As others have said, they usually have events at Joe Senser's in Roseville (no thanks), but they have been doing some at Mac's Industrial in Mpls (much better).  I met with someone in alumni relations last year and he said that they are trying to step up their outreach efforts in the Twin Cities, as evidenced by the Circles event last October.  He said that the TC is Marquette's third largest alumni base and they need to do more to get people involved and connected.  I moved to St. Paul last year and there are a ton of Marquette grads there.  I will definitely check out Alary's.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 06:42:26 PM »
As others have said, they usually have events at Joe Senser's in Roseville (no thanks), but they have been doing some at Mac's Industrial in Mpls (much better).  I met with someone in alumni relations last year and he said that they are trying to step up their outreach efforts in the Twin Cities, as evidenced by the Circles event last October.  He said that the TC is Marquette's third largest alumni base and they need to do more to get people involved and connected.  I moved to St. Paul last year and there are a ton of Marquette grads there.  I will definitely check out Alary's.

Stau tuned....tspano83 and I are working up a plan for Saturday's game. Will post more tomorrow.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 09:02:54 AM »
Stau tuned....tspano83 and I are working up a plan for Saturday's game. Will post more tomorrow.

Can you guys bring some chicks?

I might be at Target Center all day manana... if not, might come through and see what's up the market fam.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 09:20:00 AM »
I went to Alary's website and have already picked out my favorite bartenders.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 09:44:49 AM »

I might be at Target Center all day manana... if not, might come through and see what's up the market fam.

Why bring them when they naturally flock to you? 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 10:06:14 AM »
Why bring them when they naturally flock to you? 

I'm a closer. Give me a quality start and maybe some solid middle relief and the game will be won. (i.e., it has to be LATE in the evening until they will even talk to me -- last man standing method.)

I think I remember Alary's having frozen pizza. I could go for about 4 of them right now.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 10:10:02 AM »

I will bring her for ya.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 06:47:35 PM »
We are meeting at Buffalo Wild Wings for the Georgetown game.....the one located across the street from TCF Stadium.  I'll be the one in the Marquette sweatshirt.   ;D

JayBee, looking forward to meeting your harem.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 09:29:08 AM »
Is anyone planning on doing the pub crawl on Feb. 2?  I think my pub crawl days are over, but would be a good chance to meet some MU folks in the TC.  Wish they would would have done it in connection with a game though.

feedback