[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Who will be last man on an NBA roster?

Dwyane Wade
56 (51.4%)
Steve Novak
53 (48.6%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Author Topic: Who lasts longer in the NBA? Novak or Wade?  (Read 6096 times)

Aughnanure

• All American
Re: Who lasts longer in the NBA? Novak or Wade?
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2013, 11:40:19 AM »
Matt Bullard played 11 seasons. Steve Kerr played 15. Jason Kapono lasted 9. Hubert Davis 12. Tim Legler 10. Dell Curry 16. Craig Hodges 10. Fred Hoiberg 10.

When a player's "1-dimension" is shooting, he can stick around for a long time. It's the NBA equivalent of a left-handed relief pitcher.

Fair enough, but I'm not putting my money on him over a superstar. He really was close to not finding a home just a few yrs ago.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2013, 01:09:22 PM »
Wade is high mileage, but his game has evolved.

In his first couple of seasons he was going to the hoop with reckless abandoned.

He still gets knocked around, but it's considerably less than it used to be.

If he can keep evolving his "old man game", he could be in the league for a long time. He's such a good passer and facilitator that he's always going to be effective with the ball, even if he can't make acrobatic shots.

PistolPete

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 02:57:30 PM »
Get over it....Jordan whined. Kareem didn't until he went to the Lakers. Durant whines more. Its a respect factor.
If you are a Superstar the NBA more then any other Professional sport is a political star crossed one.
That is just the way it is. Blame Stern. After Bird and Magic everything has changed. No one whined back in the day like Rick Barry, but he could play.

So can Wade...and has hard as he plays he deserves it. The thing I do not like about Wade is he dishes it out and should not get upset if he gets it back...

I am disappointed in him when he whines and then doesn't run back down on defense. He never did that here at MU. Wade is my boy and I will never knock him him.

But if you don't get the call, I do not mind him letting the ref know because I am not one to side with game officials at all being a Bucks fan for these many years.

But a Cardinal Rule for me is don't EVER let that effect you getting back down on D....and finishing a play. I can't stand to see anyone do that, I don't care who it is.

Always respect the game at least. If I had a kid he would NEVER DO THAT if I had a say so without hearing it from me. And do not ever lift your leg to kick anyone in the groin...like he did Rip Hamilton.

Otherwise DWade to me is the best...

Ya, Jordan may have whined, but not in the same way that Wade does, never mind the fact that Wade doesn't deserve half of the respect MJ got. What's infuriating about Wade is that he will give up on a play and not get back on defense while he's moaning and groaning. Sometimes he'll just stay in the back court and cherry pick. I'll always love D Wade but, as a die hard Bulls fan, he gets on my nerves.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2013, 03:10:31 PM »
Ya, Jordan may have whined, but not in the same way that Wade does, never mind the fact that Wade doesn't deserve half of the respect MJ got. What's infuriating about Wade is that he will give up on a play and not get back on defense while he's moaning and groaning. Sometimes he'll just stay in the back court and cherry pick. I'll always love D Wade but, as a die hard Bulls fan, he gets on my nerves.

You must hate Gardner then.  He's just as bad and has earned even less than Wade.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2013, 10:20:29 PM »
Who will last longer?

JFB!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

seakm4

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2013, 01:15:15 AM »
Novak will play for more years, but Wade will have 4x as many minutes under his belt.  Depends on what you mean by who lasts longer.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2013, 04:49:42 PM »
If Jason Kidd is still around at 40, why can't Wade play to 37 or 38?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.