[Today at 11:29:24 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 10:38:12 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 10:31:55 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by lawdog77
[Today at 07:08:02 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Pittsburgh Synagogue  (Read 9885 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Pittsburgh Synagogue
« on: October 27, 2018, 01:16:01 PM »
Ts and Ps to victims and their families.

tower912

• All American
Re: Pittsburgh Synagogue
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 01:21:09 PM »
Surprised Pitt and Duke are playing football this afternoon.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 02:47:27 PM »
Ts and Ps to victims and their families.

Yes, thoughts and prayers to those people. Anti-semitism has no place. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 05:26:54 PM »
At least the creep was still able to joke this afternoon that he almost had to cancel his rally today - he was having a bad hair day.

Mass shootings don't even register.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 05:29:29 PM »
At least the creep was still able to joke this afternoon that he almost had to cancel his rally today - he was having a bad hair day.

And you had to go there and make it political.  Congratulations
— Plato

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 05:34:50 PM »

seriously??    gotta be a cop protest somewhere near by to keep ya busy  :(
don't...don't don't don't don't

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 05:36:39 PM »
seriously??    gotta be a cop protest somewhere near by to keep ya busy  :(

First part, yes.  Second part, you aren't helping.   :'(
— Plato

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2018, 06:13:57 PM »
And you had to go there and make it political.  Congratulations

I think this is more political than Jockey. I only see facts in his post

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2018, 06:26:18 PM »
Another sad day.

Maybe it would be a good thing to not identify neo-Nazis marching with torches and chanting anti-Semitic slogans as "very fine people."

But hey ... let's go with prayers and thoughts this time ... maybe changing up the order will make it less likely to happen again.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2018, 07:17:25 PM »
Mike, serious question:
What are your thoughts about this tragedy and how does it make you feel as you reflect on your past and youth?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2018, 07:43:17 PM »
Anti-semitism has no place.
on the contrary - there are plenty of places for hate and bigotry of all kinds.  It's the worst part of humanity but anti-semitism, homophobia, xenophobia, misogamy, etc. has "a place" in America.  Sometimes on airplanes, or restaurants, or WalMart parking lots at night, or political rallies, or twitter, or defending hate speech as a "1A issue", or online fan forums, etc, etc.  Lots of people make excuses and space for hate.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2018, 07:59:10 PM »
Mike, serious question:
What are your thoughts about this tragedy and how does it make you feel as you reflect on your past and youth?

One of these days, I am going to have to clean one of these catastrophes up.    I have already had to declare a shooting victim dead in order to move on to one soon to die, as dispatch had given us bad information and nobody knew it was a double murder suicide until I got there in my big red truck.     I moved the shooter's hand away, still with a pulse in it though the third bullet had gone through his head, a fact I am eternally grateful for because it meant that he did not keep firing at unaware first responders showing up, away from the gun, then pulled him out of the minivan and began administering CPR.       I have also been at one of two scenes where a shooter off his meds decided to kill a total of 7 people.    Going in with cops covering me to declare the obvious, that the victims were deceased.   
   But I haven't gone to a big one yet.    My department and the surrounding police agencies have table topped a version of Aurora 2.0.     We have actually gone in and practiced going in with officers covering us and removing victims, a la Parkland 2.0.     But the roulette wheel for another mass killing has not landed on my community yet.    If/when it does, and if I am one of the responders who have to clean up a dozen dead, I will, after I have processed quite a bit and made sure I mean what I am saying, will get my self suspended with a political rant to end all political rants.   
    So, thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.    Thoughts and prayers to the responders who will never be able to shake the memories of what they saw today.      And tomorrow, I will go to work and wait for the next one.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2018, 07:59:49 PM »
on the contrary - there are plenty of places for hate and bigotry of all kinds.  It's the worst part of humanity but anti-semitism, homophobia, xenophobia, misogamy, etc. has "a place" in America.  Sometimes on airplanes, or restaurants, or WalMart parking lots at night, or political rallies, or twitter, or defending hate speech as a "1A issue", or online fan forums, etc, etc.  Lots of people make excuses and space for hate.

Especially when enabled from the very top.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2018, 08:20:07 PM »

C'mon man, that's total bullchit and you know it. Anti-semitism, hate crimes, and terrorism of all types has been part of this planet since Adam and Eve. Irresponsible statements like yours won't go unchecked.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2018, 08:25:38 PM »

C'mon man, that's total bullchit and you know it. Anti-semitism, hate crimes, and terrorism of all types has been part of this planet since Adam and Eve. Irresponsible statements like yours won't go unchecked.

My statement is accurate.  If you want to ignore all evidence that supports it, you can remain ignorant. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2018, 08:31:25 PM »

Reports of anti-Semitic hate crimes rose 35 percent in 2016.
Then they rose 60 percent on top of that in 2017.
Coincidence? Of course not.
Does the current occupant of the WH encourage these attacks? I don't think so.
But does his rhetoric embolden these people? Does him saying a white supremacist march included some "very fine people" energize them? Does his incessant effort to make white men feel aggrieved create a more dangerous atmosphere?
The facts say the answer to those questions is yes.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2018, 08:33:30 PM »
this is about humanity, not politics.  check towers statement-with the utmost respect tower, that has got to be one of the most difficult situations to be in from top to bottom.  to have the ability to check your emotions at the door and try to save the scum bag(too kind of a word)who perpetrated the hate.  unreal!  and God bless ya!  that is a perspective hopefully none of us have to realize

yes i know the guy shouted "all jews must die" and proceeded to shoot.  at that moment, nothing else matters but the humanity lost, their loved ones and everyone else.  humanity has no color race or creed.  it's human life-period and it's a tragedy.  another example of the devil incarnate among us.  unfortunately, we are going to hear the same ole blather about blame this and blame that...it doesn't matter.  those who try to politicize this, don't get it.  if they cannot put away their politics for at least the moment, they are part of the problem  unfortunately, evil will always find a way. 

like tower, the police didn't finish this guy off, even after he was shooting at them-that is recognizing humanity; good/bad/indifferent

t's and p's flying all over the place-constant reminder they're always needed

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2018, 08:38:01 PM »

My statement is accurate.  If you want to ignore all evidence that supports it, you can remain ignorant.

Never have been ignorant, and certainly not now. What's it like?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 08:40:17 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2018, 08:46:09 PM »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2018, 08:46:40 PM »

Never have been ignorant, and certainly not now. What's it like?

Oh please. Who’d you vote for in 2016?  Case closed.

Go back to speaking in jibberish. You sounded more intelligent. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2018, 08:48:34 PM »
hey!  tower and i don't think the same nor have the same political belief system, but i can absolutely put that aside to appreciate and to respect his experiences here. if we cannot do the same, we are no better today than we were yesterday.  that's some heavy chit and no political argument is going to top that and it shouldn't have to-period! 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2018, 08:50:52 PM »
this is about humanity, not politics.  check towers statement-with the utmost respect tower, that has got to be one of the most difficult situations to be in from top to bottom.  to have the ability to check your emotions at the door and try to save the scum bag(too kind of a word)who perpetrated the hate.  unreal!  and God bless ya!  that is a perspective hopefully none of us have to realize

yes i know the guy shouted "all jews must die" and proceeded to shoot.  at that moment, nothing else matters but the humanity lost, their loved ones and everyone else.  humanity has no color race or creed.  it's human life-period and it's a tragedy.  another example of the devil incarnate among us.  unfortunately, we are going to hear the same ole blather about blame this and blame that...it doesn't matter.  those who try to politicize this, don't get it.  if they cannot put away their politics for at least the moment, they are part of the problem  unfortunately, evil will always find a way. 

like tower, the police didn't finish this guy off, even after he was shooting at them-that is recognizing humanity; good/bad/indifferent

t's and p's flying all over the place-constant reminder they're always needed

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2018, 08:54:28 PM »
this is about humanity, not politics.

Oh, please. Shortly before committing these murders, this man complained about Jewish organizations offering aid to the migrant caravan.(an ongoing right wing conspiracy is that the caravan is the work of George Soros and other left-wing Jews).
No one here is "making" this political.  These murders were political.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2018, 08:55:09 PM »
Another sad day.

Maybe it would be a good thing to not identify neo-Nazis marching with torches and chanting anti-Semitic slogans as "very fine people."

But hey ... let's go with prayers and thoughts this time ... maybe changing up the order will make it less likely to happen again.

It was a sad day last month in Cincinnati when an African American killed a bunch of people at 5/3rd bank, but nothing said here. 

At the Rite Aid in Maryland a few weeks back, the killer was a woman, who shot 7 people.  But nothing was said here. https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/20/us/maryland-shooting/index.html

It's always sad when someone dies, especially in mass shootings or drunk drivers, anything that is beyond someone's control other than time and place.  But for some reason only certain people bring this up here when only certain types of people are involved in the shootings, and that makes me wonder.  Were they neo-Nazis in Cincinnati and Baltimore?  Is that why nothing was said? 

How about we just have respect for life? 
— Plato

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2018, 08:57:33 PM »

When the GOP Congressmen were shot and nearly killed, was that enabled at the top since it was a Bernie Sanders supporter who only two weeks earlier said millions would die because of GOP policies? 

This blame game thing is disgusting. Chris Wallace, a Democrat and good media person, said it well yesterday. No one is enabling anything and to blame a person other than the idiots actually doing the killing is dumb.  Today's killer on his social media hated the president, but you're saying it was enabled from the top?  So all the shootings prior to this President, who enabled them?  I cannot stand the president, but this is just another example of the fringe on both sides making outlandish statements. 
— Plato