[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[May 07, 2024, 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: I Promise School  (Read 4508 times)

21Jumpstreet

• All American
Re: I Promise School
« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2023, 06:15:12 PM »
  they can take their DEI crap with them to another planet.  climate change?  nothing wrong with this as long as they can back up their stuff with science.  teaching that gas stoves and the like are going to be our demise is b.s. yes, our climate is changing...next subject.  florida will have no problem filling the vacancies that NEED to be filled

Rocket, honest question here, why is DEI crap? I have to believe  you actually don’t think it’s crap in and of itself but actually think the politics of it is crap.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2023, 06:25:09 PM »
How does your stupidity affect me in any measurable way?  At worst I shake my head and chuckle to myself and think, "This man thinks he is normal".

I guess maybe it stings a little knowing you are a graduate of the same school as me.

Maybe you need a standardized test

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2023, 06:49:50 PM »
How does your stupidity affect me in any measurable way?  At worst I shake my head and chuckle to myself and think, "This man thinks he is normal".

I guess maybe it stings a little knowing you are a graduate of the same school as me.

you really think you a re a hard a$$ doncha.  the projection from you is stunning...btw, you're gonna lose the pi$$ing contest so just run along
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2023, 06:53:28 PM »
Rocket, honest question here, why is DEI crap? I have to believe  you actually don’t think it’s crap in and of itself but actually think the politics of it is crap.

i believe it takes away from education experience and teaches segregation and racism as opposed to just be a good person and respect each other.  it further takes valuable time away from the core curriculum that has been shown to be lacking terribly in the very standardized tests we are discussing

MU82

• All American
« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2023, 06:53:59 PM »
  how does that go?  repeat a lie often enough...you guys are the (for fear of using original word) "experts" of this...you just can't let go.  i know you can do it, you'll feel so much better, just breathe and tap your shoes together and...talk about nits man.  anyone who is intellectually honest knows this is another big lefty lie, but because you dominate the media, it emboldens all of you until...the ny times says so or it's finally proven.  then you just slink away and move on to the next lie

Why are you calling Tim Scott, Will Hurd, Byron Donalds, Nikki Haley and other Republicans liars? Just because they criticized DeSantis for tripling-down on his state mandating that middle-schoolers be taught that there was a “silver lining” (Scott’s words) to slavery?

roQQet, you bend the knee to a pathological liar who has spent the last 8 years conning the easily-connable. You’re not exactly an expert on sussing out liars. Leave Tim Scott alone.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2023, 06:59:10 PM »
i believe it takes away from education experience and teaches segregation and racism as opposed to just be a good person and respect each other.  it further takes valuable time away from the core curriculum that has been shown to be lacking terribly in the very standardized tests we are discussing
Lol.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2023, 07:01:47 PM »

How does it teach racism?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 07:06:43 PM by Pakuni »

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2023, 07:03:53 PM »

Totally hear you. How does it teach segregation and racism? Do you mean it teaches ABOUT segregation and racism? I once considered myself “colorblind” but have realized that isn’t respectful or helpful. People want to be seen and heard. I 100% agree with you that we should just be a good person and respect each other, you are spot on in my opinion. Do you think teaching DEI and history give a perspective that might help us get to your goal?

You and I have had some what I would consider fruitful, considerate, and incredibly worthwhile dialog, and even through mere internet conversations I know you are a good human. So, I respect your perspective. Do you think perspective on history and DEI might lead to a better understanding of how we could teach something like math and perhaps how standardized testing isn’t the same for every socioeconomic or race based group? Even the same within these categories?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2023, 07:24:21 PM »
Totally hear you. How does it teach segregation and racism? Do you mean it teaches ABOUT segregation and racism? I once considered myself “colorblind” but have realized that isn’t respectful or helpful. People want to be seen and heard. I 100% agree with you that we should just be a good person and respect each other, you are spot on in my opinion. Do you think teaching DEI and history give a perspective that might help us get to your goal?

You and I have had some what I would consider fruitful, considerate, and incredibly worthwhile dialog, and even through mere internet conversations I know you are a good human. So, I respect your perspective. Do you think perspective on history and DEI might lead to a better understanding of how we could teach something like math and perhaps how standardized testing isn’t the same for every socioeconomic or race based group? Even the same within these categories?

absolutely 21, you are one of the few here whom i can follow respectfully as well.  thank you! 

DEI is a complex subject.  in and of itself, it is a fantastic idea and theory which should be front and center to all social interactions.  HOWEVER, it has become highly politicized and weaponized along the way.  schools have hijacked it to indoctrinate and have turned all of the core subjects into DEI centered studies.  everything is viewed thru a DEI lens.  it becomes a divide and conquer type ideology. 

back when i was in school, we didn't pay any attention to what sexual preference someone was, what race they were, what religion they were-seriously.  today?  it seems everything is run thru some kind of filter first.  ohh, ya can't say that or this now offends me, etc etc  wtch some of the sitcoms from the 80's and 90's into 2000's-what were thought to be wholesome, healthy shows would be labeled as something totally different today; probably cancelled

education should not be a divisive issue.  teachers need to TEACH the subject they are trained to teach.  for example, i don't do rectal exams because i ain't any good at them.  i'd rather focus on what i know, the other end, if ya know what i mean

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2023, 07:29:12 PM »
  absolutely 21, you are one of the few here whom i can follow respectfully as well.  thank you! 

DEI is a complex subject.  in and of itself, it is a fantastic idea and theory which should be front and center to all social interactions.  HOWEVER, it has become highly politicized and weaponized along the way.  schools have hijacked it to indoctrinate and have turned all of the core subjects into DEI centered studies.  everything is viewed thru a DEI lens.  it becomes a divide and conquer type ideology. 

back when i was in school, we didn't pay any attention to what sexual preference someone was, what race they were, what religion they were-seriously.  today?  it seems everything is run thru some kind of filter first.  ohh, ya can't say that or this now offends me, etc etc  wtch some of the sitcoms from the 80's and 90's into 2000's-what were thought to be wholesome, healthy shows would be labeled as something totally different today; probably cancelled

education should not be a divisive issue.  teachers need to TEACH the subject they are trained to teach.  for example, i don't do rectal exams because i ain't any good at them.  i'd rather focus on what i know, the other end, if ya know what i mean
Moronic as usual.  Are you in school today?  How do you “know” what is being taught if not?  You don’t of course.  You just barf out the last thing you heard on newsmax. 

BLM4EVA

• Walk-On
« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2023, 07:37:10 PM »
Moronic as usual.  Are you in school today?  How do you “know” what is being taught if not?  You don’t of course.  You just barf out the last thing you heard on newsmax.
This is why my kids will never see the insides of a public school.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2023, 07:42:54 PM »
Cool! 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2023, 08:12:00 PM »

As if a woman would have sex with you.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2023, 08:20:01 PM »

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1687633269871747073?s=20
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #139 on: August 04, 2023, 08:20:11 PM »

Keep bringing the truth Rocket and keep fighting the good fight.

• All American
« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2023, 08:25:57 PM »
Keep bringing the truth Rocket and keep fighting the good fight.

The truth isn't parroting sh*t you hear elsewhere and assuming it's truth.

That's the lowest form of discourse, and frankly shows you haven't been as educated as properly as you think you have.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2023, 08:27:33 PM »

Rocket .... I appreciate the effort at rational discourse here, but you're making lots of assertions of fact here ("everything is viewed through  a DEI lens") without any basis of fact or evidence.  From where are you getting this info? Do you teach? Have kids in public school? Read educational journals?

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2023, 08:29:56 PM »

The truth isn't parroting sh*t you hear elsewhere and assuming it's truth.

That's the lowest form of discourse, and frankly shows you haven't been as educated as properly as you think you have.

You gotta get off MSNBC for a couple of weeks. There's a lot going on in the world that you're completely missing. Open up your mind.

BLM4EVA

• Walk-On
« Reply #143 on: August 04, 2023, 08:31:23 PM »
As if a woman would have sex with you.
What is a woman?

• All American
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2023, 08:33:27 PM »
You gotta get off MSNBC for a couple of weeks. There's a lot going on in the world that you're completely missing. Open up your mind.

I never watch cable news. It's awful propaganda. Smart people realize this and avoid it.

And I am certain that I know way more than you do about what's going on in the "real world." Frankly you sound completely uneducated on the matter and only belch out what you are force fed.

BLM4EVA

• Walk-On
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2023, 08:34:11 PM »

Keep fighting Rocket.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2023, 08:39:16 PM »
What is a woman?

The people who ignore you.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #147 on: August 04, 2023, 08:41:43 PM »
I never watch cable news. It's awful propaganda. Smart people realize this and avoid it.

And I am certain that I know way more than you do about what's going on in the "real world." Frankly you sound completely uneducated on the matter and only belch out what you are force fed.

You're right. You are really smart.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #148 on: August 04, 2023, 08:42:58 PM »

The gender that ignores you in the real world.   Ass opposed to the scoopers already putting you on ignore here.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

BLM4EVA

• Walk-On
« Reply #149 on: August 04, 2023, 08:46:56 PM »
What is a woman?