[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Fr. Wild to retire in June 2011  (Read 37934 times)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: Fr. Wild to retire in June 2011
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2010, 02:41:58 PM »
I don't really.  Just thought it was an interesting bit of info.

Sure hope MU chooses someone who will uphold Catholic teaching and not another Rembert Weakland style Catholic (politically speaking), which both DiUlio and Wild were.

I'm interesting in hearing more about this.

Can you elaborate?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2010, 02:45:07 PM »
I'm interesting in hearing more about this.

Can you elaborate?

I would be amazed if "gumby" would be able to articulate a response to your request.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2010, 02:45:49 PM »
Lemme take a few guesses.

Allowing a gay friendly student organization on campus.
Coed dorms.
Buddhism and Islam courses in the Theology department.

LON

• All American
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2010, 02:46:55 PM »

Coed dorms.

BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!!!!

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2010, 02:50:23 PM »
I would be amazed if "gumby" would be able to articulate a response to your request.

You're absolutely right.

But, just because I don't agree with Gumby doesn't mean I won't hear him out.

However, at this point, he hasn't said anything substantive and looks pretty silly.

Gumby, tell us WTF you are talking about and referring to. You seem to have some strong feelings about Fr Wild, but the only thing you have chosen to share is that he didn't change the name to warriors and he somehow made MU "less catholic".

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2010, 02:59:02 PM »
I don't really.  Just thought it was an interesting bit of info.

Sure hope MU chooses someone who will uphold Catholic teaching and not another Rembert Weakland style Catholic (politically speaking), which both DiUlio and Wild were.

Last I checked, neither DiUlio or Wild molested altar boys, paid off former lovers with church monies to keep them quiet, moved priests accused of sexual abuse from parish to parish and refused to tell the authorities of these complaints, damn near bankrupted the Archdiocese, and then wrote a tell-all book about it.

How you ever graduated Marquette (IF you ever went to Marquette) is beyond me.
The General has taken on a new command.

thatman32

• Starter
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2010, 03:44:14 PM »
I don't really.  Just thought it was an interesting bit of info.

Are you serious!  Maybe you should have attended Liberty University(calling it a university is an insult to actual universities) instead or any one of those so called accredited institutions down south instead of MU.  

When can we stone people to death its been a while or better yet lets crucify them!

I recommend you watch Life of Brian! Biggus Dickus

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2010, 03:52:33 PM »

Coed dorms.

I took an Islam course at MU.  The Jesuit who taught it was very old and kept referring to Muslims as "Mohammadans," which I guess is the cultural equivalent of called black people "negros."

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2010, 03:54:23 PM »
hahaha. It didn't happen to be Fr. Donnelly, did it? That guy was as old as moses.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2010, 03:54:58 PM »
Fr. Wild has been good for the program and good for the school.  His successor has big shoes to fill.
I went to school in the early 70's under Fr. Raynor.  It sounds like gumby would prefer the dark days before Vatican II.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2010, 03:58:52 PM »
hahaha. It didn't happen to be Fr. Donnelly, did it? That guy was as old as moses.

No, Fr. Donnelly was history right?  This was a Theo prof in the late 80s.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2010, 03:59:50 PM »

No, Fr. Donnelly was history right?  This was a Theo prof in the late 80s.

Father Lambeck?

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2010, 04:06:45 PM »
I remember when Fr. Donnelly was young.  And yes, he was history.

MUeagle05

• Walk-On
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2010, 04:12:28 PM »
If you were and obviously still are so concerned about the Catholic teaching of Marquette why did you go to Marquette??? Interesting thought, since you came to MU when DiUlio was president.

And heres a newsflash for you, not everyone who attends MU is Catholic, white, nor did many current students or alumni even attend catholic school at all prior to Marquette. And you teach at Marquette, even worse off if that is true since you don't agree with their principles...

A Catholic goes to a Catholic university because he or she assumes that the Catholic university will actually follow the teachings of the Catholic church.  That should be a pretty safe assumption.  And yes, not everyone that goes to MU is Catholic, but why should that matter?  If you don't want a Catholic education, go somewhere else.

And if anyone wants to know the ways in which MU is not following the teachings of the Catholic church, start by hanging around the nursing school for a while.  The things that are "allowed" to take place there are pretty far from core Catholic teaching . . .

And by the way, I think Fr. Wild overall was a very good president for MU but, like everyone, is not perfect.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2010, 04:13:16 PM »

Coed dorms.

I took both Hinduism and Islam at Marquette.  I'm still guessing I'm on a gov't watch list as a result.  LOL

My guess is that Gumby may be referencing some of the "Cafeteria Catholic" positions the university takes that don't seem to correlate with Rome.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2010, 04:15:23 PM »
Father Lambeck?

Yeah...I think that's it.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2010, 04:15:25 PM »

How you ever graduated Marquette (IF you ever went to Marquette) is beyond me.

I've asked that question about Mr. Hayward on many occasions.  At least Gumby can spell and put together a cohesive sentence (we may not agree with the content, but a subject and verb agreement actually exist).

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2010, 04:15:41 PM »
A Catholic goes to a Catholic university because he or she assumes that the Catholic university will actually follow the teachings of the Catholic church.  That should be a pretty safe assumption.  And yes, not everyone that goes to MU is Catholic, but why should that matter?  If you don't want a Catholic education, go somewhere else.

And if anyone wants to know the ways in which MU is not following the teachings of the Catholic church, start by hanging around the nursing school for a while.  The things that are "allowed" to take place there are pretty far from core Catholic teaching . . .

And by the way, I think Fr. Wild overall was a very good president for MU but, like everyone, is not perfect.

Like what?

Why is everybody beating around the bush on this topic.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #118 on: March 04, 2010, 04:18:10 PM »

I took an Islam course at MU.  The Jesuit who taught it was very old and kept referring to Muslims as "Mohammadans," which I guess is the cultural equivalent of called black people "negros."

Father Lambeck I believe was the professor.  Interesting guy.  He was old when I took the class, I wonder if he is still alive.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2010, 04:19:07 PM »

Like what?  Seriously, as a non-Catholic I am not arguing that it shouldn't be "too Catholic," but I have no idea what you and gumby are talking about.  I mean, they don't do abortions at the Nursing school right???

MUeagle05

• Walk-On
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2010, 04:22:54 PM »
Like what?

Why is everybody beating around the bush on this topic.

Because some things are not necessarily appropriate to be discussed on public message boards. 

Just use your imagination and think about what type of health care related issues could be taught in the nursing school that don't jive with Catholic teaching.  It's not just the nursing school and its not only at MU.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2010, 04:23:53 PM »

Like what?  Seriously, as a non-Catholic I am not arguing that it shouldn't be "too Catholic," but I have no idea what you and gumby are talking about.  I mean, they don't do abortions at the Nursing school right???
No, but they masturbate alot.

Kramerica

• Starter
« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2010, 04:25:51 PM »
I'm guessing what some of the hard core Catholic people here are upset about is the fact that some people at Marquette (There's one theology teacher who has tenure, I can't remember his name right now) doesn't stick to official Catholic teaching on things like abortion.  
Mostly, its people who think that the Jesuits are too liberal politically and allow people like Martin Sheen (who are Democrats and are OK with abortion) to come on campus and receive awards.  At least that's what I remember angry alums bitching about back when I worked at the phonathon at MU back in the early '00s

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2010, 04:26:51 PM »
Father Lambeck I believe was the professor.  Interesting guy.  He was old when I took the class, I wonder if he is still alive.

I took that Islam class with Father Lambeck...enjoyed it, learned tons.  His brother lives in New York (or at least used to)

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2010, 04:27:23 PM »
I, too, am clueless as to what people are alluding to.  I'm active in my parish, attend Mass every Sunday, but I do admit to believing that one day there will be women priests, despite what the bishops say.
Guess I'm out of the club, then.
If we get a reactionary, that's when I'll stop my donations - certainly not over a nickname issue that, while I'm not happy with, certainly isn't the most important thing around.

feedback