[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Props to the Crowd  (Read 3465 times)

Desert_Eagle

• Starter
Props to the Crowd
« on: March 02, 2008, 01:13:21 AM »
I know that everyone at the game would agree with me, the crowd was excellent against G'town. The students were out in full force, the place was just about full save a few seats, and the alumni were constantly getting on their feet. There were times where the noise was absolutely ear-splitting, my ears were honestly ringing for a few hours after the game. I can't remember a time when the Bradley Center was that loud consistently throughout the game. I actually had friends from home who were watching the game on TV tell me that they could really tell from our crowd how much we love Marquette and our team. Way to represent today.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 12:09:35 PM by Desert_Eagle »
"Marquette is bigger than any one person. Marquette is Marquette."

mustever

• Scholarship Player
Re: Props to the Crowd
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 06:14:25 AM »
I agree,I don't remermber the BC being that loud for a game in a long,long time.Lets see the same thing Tues.for FGC.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 07:34:08 AM »
I agree,I don't remermber the BC being that loud for a game in a long,long time.Lets see the same thing Tues.for FGC.

Haha. Lower bowl will barely be filled.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 09:08:57 AM »
The BC has been that loud before, but never louder. During the FTs at the end of regulation it was deafening. There isn't a tougher place to play than a full BC. Too bad it couldn't bring a win.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 09:16:15 AM »
The BC has been that loud before, but never louder. During the FTs at the end of regulation it was deafening. There isn't a tougher place to play than a full BC. Too bad it couldn't bring a win.

Agreed absolute respect to Wallace for acing those FTs in that environment.

NateDoggMarq

• Starter
During the free throws was the loudest I have ever heard the BC
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 09:58:22 AM »
If you were not at the game their is no way that the TV Sound did its justice.

I dont know if it was the beer but the stadium was shaking and starting to literally buzz!!! 

For any of you who play NCAA Football on PS3 or Xbox360, it looked and felt just like it would if your team in the game was playing at LSU or the Swamp or the Big House.     But it was actually real,  and to be honest now that this got mentioned i somehow feel better as it showed that fringe fans are starting to become invested in this team, and even the fashionable lower bowl crowd was getting rowdy.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 10:25:39 AM »
As a freshman, this is what I imagined the big games to be like.  Obviously, the hope was that the crowd would be like this for Louisville, but the weekday game coupled with the fact that we were hardly in it from the beginning made that crowd experience a disappointment.  This game was everything it was hyped up to be.

It would be easy to say that getting to the Bradley Center at 2:30 AM to sit in section 106 wasn't worth it because of the loss, but that was the best atmosphere I've ever been in for a basketball game, bar none.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 10:33:46 AM »
As a freshman,

What a great time to be an MU freshman.........enjoy the ride!

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 10:48:27 AM »
Agreed, in my last year, this is exactly the environment that I wanted to go out on (minus the FGC game).  I can't remember a time when i saw everyone on their feet for that long.  I agree with PTM, Wallace had to step up to the plate and he delivered.

Brew City

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 11:05:21 AM »
Loved the atmosphere.  Great game for a freshman, but also a last game for us seniors to go out on, environment-wise (I just can't count FGC).

The ovations were great, and the noise during the free throws was insane.  I've never heard a "boo" sustained for as long, and no where near as loud, as the one in the second half.  I think it was about halfway through, after a stretch of questionable calls (I think a foul or two after Ooze's questionable third)... it grew and grew and was pretty impressive as well.

Also, props to Matthews for continually trying to pump up the crowd.  Waving his hands up during free throws, after time outs, and the jersey snap after his alley-oop.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 11:08:19 AM by Brew City »

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 11:17:36 AM »
from an older alumnus, the students did an excellent job and the overall crowd was great.  I was very impressed how well they filled the student section well before tip-off... unlike the rest of the place.  It wasn't the Pitt game environment in 2007 but the last few minutes and OT were just as loud. 

i'm still bitter about this loss.
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 11:23:45 AM »
i'm still bitter about this loss.

I'm not over it either. I just watched the deadspin clip. Same kick to the groin feeling I had yesterday.

romey

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 11:44:40 AM »
I asked this question on  another thread. but it ikind of got buried.  Watching on TV it seemed like CBS was intentionally not showing the big heads during free throws because I honestly don't remember seeing them.  Anyone else who watched on the tube agree?  Also, you're right about TV not doing the crowd noise justice because while it sounded loud, I don't remember the announcers making too many (if any) comments about it and based on your descriptions of the live environment, I would not have guessed it from watching it on TV.

beato1

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 11:48:08 AM »
The Louisville kick to the nuts in 2003 was the closest thing to this game I can remember.  Just wild.  I seem to remember Rosiak mentioning the decibel level after Novak hit the shot against ND, I wonder what it was during this game?  Crap.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 11:55:21 AM »
I've noticed over the years that CBS doesn't pump in crowd noise nearly as much as ESPN/ABC does. If the game were on ESPN, Bilas would have needed to scream to be heard over the crowd after the Burke dunk.

NateDoggMarq

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 12:21:47 PM »
The Louisville kick to the nuts in 2003 was the closest thing to this game I can remember.  Just wild.  I seem to remember Rosiak mentioning the decibel level after Novak hit the shot against ND, I wonder what it was during this game?  Crap.

This was worse because in the L-Ville game it was back and forth the whole game. 
This was us blowing a decent sized lead than handing the game over multiple times

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 12:25:49 PM »
This was worse because in the L-Ville game it was back and forth the whole game. 
This was us blowing a decent sized lead than handing the game over multiple times
I'm not sure about that... I've never seen the air taken out of a building as quickly. From complete frenzy after Diener's shot to pure dejection when Gaines hit his. Throw in the fact that it broke a 28 game winning streak at home, that one hurt big time.

Hopefully we'll be able to beat Georgetown in NYC like we did to UL that year (save the 19 pt defecit).

🏀

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 12:27:05 PM »
The crowd was Rick Roll'ed last night.

http://www.stucknut.com/locker/files/jessica.gif/

chainsaw_mcgee

• Walk-On
  • Threadkiller.
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2008, 12:30:44 PM »
The crowd was Rick Roll'ed last night.

http://www.stucknut.com/locker/files/jessica.gif/

I hadn't thought of that before, but I'm going to pass it along to the scamps who yell at the women's game for Monday and beyond. Don't think it would work at the BC, though.
-Did you hear I finally graduated?
-Yeah, and just a shade under a decade too, all right.
-You know, a lot of people go to college for seven years.
-I know, they're called doctors.