[May 08, 2024, 07:39:19 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[May 08, 2024, 08:59:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Court conditions  (Read 8905 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Court conditions
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2017, 02:32:50 PM »
O.K. Mr. Logic, then why does the league employ bush league refs?  I suppose we need a definition of "bush league". 

I  know exactly what was said in the original post, that was, that what the refs did was bush league.

How we separate the refs from the league is beyond me.  I suppose a claim to logic is sufficient.  I  was not making a syllogism, I  was making a point. 

Could it be that the refs are fearful for their jobs?  Could it be that it is all about the money?

He never said we have Bush league refs. He said what they did in that one instance was Bush league. Even good refs make Bush league decisions sometimes.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Folks,,,

• Starter
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2017, 02:57:56 PM »
O.K. Mr. Logic, then why does the league employ bush league refs?  I suppose we need a definition of "bush league". 

I  know exactly what was said in the original post, that was, that what the refs did was bush league.

How we separate the refs from the league is beyond me.  I suppose a claim to logic is sufficient.  I  was not making a syllogism, I  was making a point. 

Could it be that the refs are fearful for their jobs?  Could it be that it is all about the money?

He never said we have Bush league refs. He said what they did in that one instance was Bush league. Even good refs make Bush league decisions sometimes.

Also these officials don't only work games for a certain conference.  There is some overlap between conferences.  For example, Pat Driscoll officiates a handful of Marquette games each year, but I also see him do B1G games as well.

There is no such thing as "Big East Officials", only officials that can work Big East games, so it is actually quite easy to separate the league from the officials.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2017, 04:14:46 PM »

You are winner. You are one of the few to make Scoop Takes here. I'm letting this go you WIN!
Goal is National Championship

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2017, 10:33:39 PM »
You are winner. You are one of the few to make Scoop Takes here. I'm letting this go you WIN!

No, you win, I'm sorry for bringing up the subject.  I understand now how much loyalty there is to the BE, and the BOT, and I won't go down that road again.

We are more comfortable talking statistics, or trash talking each other, sorry.  Great win tonight, great TV, very photogenic arena good lighting and dry floor, ha.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2017, 07:42:43 PM »
Portland/Minnesota in the NBA got postponed.
The conditions were noticed during pregame shoot around, and arena personnel were immediately called in to attempt to dry out the court, however, after nearly and hour of attempting to dry the court officials made the call to postpone the game.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2017, 10:58:50 PM »
Portland/Minnesota in the NBA got postponed.
The conditions were noticed during pregame shoot around, and arena personnel were immediately called in to attempt to dry out the court, however, after nearly and hour of attempting to dry the court officials made the call to postpone the game.

That says it all, grownups running the NBA.  Suppose they have ethics training included in their system.