[May 08, 2024, 07:39:19 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[May 08, 2024, 08:59:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Doron Lamb  (Read 8844 times)

PBRme

• All American
Doron Lamb
« on: August 27, 2009, 10:00:41 AM »
http://www.yournabe.com/articles/2009/08/27/sports/queens_sports/sports_queens_sportsliqpefa08262009.txt

Five Boro Sports article has us as one of six he is considering along w/ KU, UK, U-CON(N), OU, and Zona.
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

ecompt

• All American
Re: Doron Lamb
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 10:22:26 AM »
We have no chance.

muhoops1

• All American

augoman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 11:05:53 AM »
nice to be 'considered' with KU, UK, UConn, et al..., now we need to land one.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 12:02:12 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 02:08:50 PM »

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 02:33:50 PM »
That's partially what I meant when I said we had no chance. Not only do we have to beat out a slew of Top 10 programs but he could look at us and think he's going to struggle for playing time.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 02:55:19 PM »
That's partially what I meant when I said we had no chance. Not only do we have to beat out a slew of Top 10 programs but he could look at us and think he's going to struggle for playing time.

I would find it difficult to argue that a Top 20 player would look at MU's current team and think that he'd be struggling for playing time next year.  The only guy on our roster that has played D1 ball and will be here next year is Jimmy Butler.  I'd say that we're currently a free-for-all :P

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 03:52:46 PM »
Are people saying that there is no talent on these other elite programs so he is a shoe in for playing time at these other schools?

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 04:09:44 PM »
we DO have a lot of guys who can slide in and out of the two spot next year. Haven't we already got two shooting guards coming in next year?  Plus, beating out the schools we are competing with for this kid is not going to be easy.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 05:52:01 PM »
Are people saying that there is no talent on these other elite programs so he is a shoe in for playing time at these other schools?

No, but many of those other schools have one and done or 2 year players, so the door is revolving like crazy.  I don't think we have any one and done players on the roster, and doubtful any 2 year players either.  Just an added element to think about.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 06:42:01 PM »
What Chicos meant to say was the only reason Buzz had such a good recruiting class is becuase he had so much playing time to offer....despite that he has followed his first class with two more Top 100 players and a highly regarded 6'11" Juco and is on the short list of numerous other top 100 players. 

his subtle digs and playing devils advocate on everything about Buzz's program is more than tired, yet he will be more than ready to pontificate about the 9 year tenure of our former coach. 

He was called out the other day on the scout board...here it is...

"You have been doing it for well over a decade on numerous boards. Your habits have gotten you kicked off of more boards than most people ever get around to visiting. So if there is someone with an obsession here son, it is not me.

If it is that important to you to let everybody know what you think, go start a blog. Or write a book. Or go stand on a milk crate and shout to the world. But for pity sake, go away from here. This folks who post here are really sick of listening to you, and that has been amply demonstrated by the fact that on the board set aside for that purpose, hardly anyone does. Take a hint. You are not a brilliant political visionary. You are just a self-absorbed, immature @$$#0!&. Now, go home and tell your wife she cares what you think."

people over the years have complained about Murf/Murffieus/grate1.  i think Chicos is far more of a detriment and a negative for a board.  His subtraction would be an addition to MUScoop. 

No one can say a single good thing about Mu basketball without cuing the broken record of how great the last 9 years have been since Al left. 

can we please eliminate this, at least for a long period of time.  Everyone is getting stoked for Mu basketball and we have this depression hijack every single thread.   

Cue chicos response about how positive he really is on Buzz

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 06:56:07 PM »
I could not possibly disagree more or more often with Chico's politically.   But I would fight to the death to defend his right to say it. (be wrong ;D)     I believe that is why the moderators here stopped political discussion, because they wanted to keep their focus on MU basketball.   Because you and Chico have differing views on CTC is no reason to call for his banishment.    It is a reason to trade insults.   If you want him banished for looking back on CTC fondly, who is next?   What if they banish people without spellcheck or grammar skills?     Bad idea, Mr. Hayward.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 07:06:47 PM »
I could not possibly disagree more or more often with Chico's politically.   But I would fight to the death to defend his right to say it. (be wrong ;D)     I believe that is why the moderators here stopped political discussion, because they wanted to keep their focus on MU basketball.   Because you and Chico have differing views on CTC is no reason to call for his banishment.    It is a reason to trade insults.   If you want him banished for looking back on CTC fondly, who is next?   What if they banish people without spellcheck or grammar skills?     Bad idea, Mr. Hayward.   
Damn, what did he say.  I'm so tempted to turn off the ignore....nah. 

And besides, how can a libertarian be wrong.   ;)

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 07:27:00 PM »
Hayward - a lot of people can (and have) asked the same thing regarding you and a number of others.  If you'll notice, those requests have not been honored for many reasons - some of which were mentioned by tower912.  Now, please return to the regularly scheduled topic discussion unless you're interested in giving us a reason to hand you a vacation instead.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 08:22:37 PM »
I've got your back, neocon.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 09:09:12 PM »
people over the years have complained about Murf/Murffieus/grate1.  i think Chicos is far more of a detriment and a negative for a board.  His subtraction would be an addition to MUScoop. 

It's a good thing I didn't have the irony meter plugged in because I'm pretty sure it would have been overloaded after that paragraph.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 09:32:51 PM »
No, but many of those other schools have one and done or 2 year players, so the door is revolving like crazy.  I don't think we have any one and done players on the roster, and doubtful any 2 year players either.  Just an added element to think about.
If this is the case, it would appear that our 4 year players don't have as much talent which would mean Doron Lamb should get loads of playing time if he is that good, or that our players are just as talented as the other teams 1 and dones but know the value of a Marquette education and would rather stay 4 years. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 10:08:08 PM by NCMUFan »

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 09:46:41 AM »
dont try to argue it ....if buzz signs good players there has to be a catch.  if he signs two good classes in a rwo there has to be a bigger catch.  if we play better and are a better team with the same players and no bench last year we just revert to the 9 year tenure mantra....puke.

{Juggernaut}

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 10:54:52 AM »
This is an article from ESPN about doron lamb from yesterday...Are we really in the running for this kid?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=4426133
Da Bulls

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2009, 02:03:16 PM »
He doesn't even mention us, so I would say no.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2009, 03:00:17 PM »
He doesn't even mention us, so I would say no.

If you follow Lamb's recruitment, you'd notice that the list he gives changes depending upon who's asking and what day they ask.

Tuesday, when that author spoke to him he didn't mention MU or Pitt.  Wednesday when Zagoria talked to him he mentioned MU and Pitt, but not Seton Hall and St. Johns.

It practically changes every time, with UConn and Kansas being the constants.

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2009, 05:12:42 PM »
dont try to argue it ....if buzz signs good players there has to be a catch.  if he signs two good classes in a rwo there has to be a bigger catch.  if we play better and are a better team with the same players and no bench last year we just revert to the 9 year tenure mantra....puke.

How can you call Buzz's recruits good?  Nobody has seen them play!!  How dare you put such unrealistic expectations on these players before they've even played a single D1 game.  Nobody knows if they'll be good.  Back off and stop trying to undermine Buzz.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2009, 05:22:47 PM »
While we don't have a true SG for 2010, there are plenty of guys to man the spot. With that said, Doron Lamb is a talent you don't pass up........a top 25 guy. He would get a ton of minutes right away.....we'd probably have to go 3-guard again. 

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2009, 05:52:37 PM »
If he's a top 25 guy, he's one and done, which means UConn, Kansas or Syracuse.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2009, 05:59:35 PM »
DomJames; we got Aaron Bowen is coming in '10, dude is a stud-tastic SG.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2009, 06:39:04 PM »
How can you call Buzz's recruits good?  Nobody has seen them play!!  How dare you put such unrealistic expectations on these players before they've even played a single D1 game.  Nobody knows if they'll be good.  Back off and stop trying to undermine Buzz.

Mr. Hayward still hasn't figured out the inside joke, some day he will.  I'm going to start using pink text moving forward and perhaps even direct link to his previous statements until he finally gets it.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2009, 06:52:31 PM »

I dont know if I would call him "stud-tastic"

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2009, 07:37:10 PM »
Actually, Jamail Jones is more highly regarded and more viable at SG because of his lateral quickness on defense. Regardless, I wouldn't pass on a guy that is top 25. When is the last time we had somebody that highly regarded? Like I previously stated, you try and get him.....then go 3-guard. Try and get the most talented guys possible and then form a scheme that maximizes the talent. This was something TC was great at....

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2009, 10:35:14 PM »
I've got your back, neocon.

So Chicos is the neo-con and you're the libertarian?

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2009, 11:05:53 PM »
Well Doron will be on campus this week so that is a decent start I guess.
But I like to throw handfuls...

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2009, 10:36:39 AM »
So Chicos is the neo-con and you're the libertarian?

Tower is a BHL and I'm libertarian (lowercase "l"), but he likes to call me a neo-con (incorrectly I might add).   ;)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 11:02:38 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2009, 01:36:32 PM »
i suggest dropping the politics before you get me riled up.