'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Game day article from Baton Rouge Advocate  (Read 6134 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Game day article from Baton Rouge Advocate
« on: November 08, 2013, 05:07:35 AM »
Looks like they have some bigs.  Question is, are they quality bigs?   ;)

Here's to Derrick leading this team to the Final 4.  GO WARRIORS!!!!!!

ps. I'm in Milwaukee today, and plan to have Real Chili for lunch to start the season off right.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/southern/7522069-123/without-javan-mitchell-southern-tips

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Game day article from Baton Rouge Advocate
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 07:15:27 AM »
Looks like they have some bigs.  Question is, are they quality bigs?

If they were quality bigs, they wouldn't be playing for Southern.

HEY-OH!
Have some patience, FFS.

Slim

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 07:37:46 AM »
Marquette has made eight consecutive trips to the NCAA tournament, the past five under former UNO coach Buzz Williams.

I assume this is the only state media that would introduce Buzz like that.

Jag225

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 08:06:30 AM »
If they were quality bigs, they wouldn't be playing for Southern.

HEY-OH!
Really? We made it to the Big Dance and loss to Zaga by 6. I'm glad you and your fans on here are underestimating us but not having our starting center will hurt us. We do have a transfer from Iowa State however.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 08:12:54 AM »
I'm in New Orleans for a long weekend.  Not hearing much buzz for the game...I guess more of a UNO/Tulane/Loyola town...

NYeagle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 08:13:46 AM »
Really? We made it to the Big Dance and loss to Zaga by 6. I'm glad you and your fans on here are underestimating us but not having our starting center will hurt us. We do have a transfer from Iowa State however.

Jag, we are not underestimating you.  We know exactly how good you are.  But we also know how good we are.  That is why we are confident that we will win....big.  Nothing wrong with that.
Passt auf! Die NYeagle fliegt.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 08:16:42 AM »

So the cycle goes... MU-ISU-Southern?

Does that mean McKay transfers there next year?
Relax. Respect the Process.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 08:21:57 AM »
I'm in New Orleans for a long weekend.  Not hearing much buzz for the game...I guess more of a UNO/Tulane/Loyola town...

Probably more of an LSU town ;)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 08:28:32 AM »

Welcome.   Congratulations on a great season last year and on nearly making history.   How deep are you guys up front?    How quick are your guards.    If MU is able to get the ball inside to our bigs, are you guys going to be able to compete?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 08:31:53 AM »

warriorchick was making more of an inside joke than anything. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 08:32:35 AM »

Considering Southern is located in a different city...

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 08:48:36 AM »

warriorchick has fans? 

She's a solid poster, but I don't know that I'd call myself a fan.

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 08:59:57 AM »

ps. I'm in Milwaukee today, and plan to have Real Chili for lunch to start the season off right.

I'm in Denver today, waiting for my Real Chili to be delivered, can't wait to start the season off right.  Come on UPS.

Seraph

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 09:08:53 AM »

I live near Baton Rouge, and EVERY school in the state takes a back seat to LSU football, no matter where you are.  Secondly, the game day article is the first coverage of any kind of Southern's basketball team that I've seen.  Thirdly, Southern is evil and must be destroyed.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 09:13:10 AM »
Looks like they have some bigs.  Question is, are they quality bigs?   ;)

Here's to Derrick leading this team to the Final 4.  GO WARRIORS!!!!!!

http://theadvocate.com/sports/southern/7522069-123/without-javan-mitchell-southern-tips

Not for breakfast? What's wrong with you?

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 09:14:44 AM »

Welcome. Congrats on what your team accomplished last season. Looking forward to tonight. Don't get offended by W-Chick, she talks a lot of trash.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 09:15:04 AM »
warriorchick has fans? 

She's a solid poster, but I don't know that I'd call myself a fan.

Any chick who likes basketball on an internet forum is going to have fans.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 09:16:37 AM »
Any chick who likes basketball on an internet forum is going to have fans.

+1.

I consider myself a fan. Glow is a lucky dude

Jag225

• Walk-On
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 09:26:52 AM »
Welcome.   Congratulations on a great season last year and on nearly making history.   How deep are you guys up front?    How quick are your guards.    If MU is able to get the ball inside to our bigs, are you guys going to be able to compete?
We have a few transfers. Our guards are big and we like to run the ball up and down the court. I'm not sure how Marquette is and I do pay attention to them from time to time especially when they had a player I think last name was James. Was it Dominic or something like that? I'm not sure. We have this game today and have to leave out for a game with MTSU, Sunday. I just want us to compete. Not having our starting center will hurt against Otule but I guess we will see.

Jag225

• Walk-On
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2013, 09:28:32 AM »
I live near Baton Rouge, and EVERY school in the state takes a back seat to LSU football, no matter where you are.  Secondly, the game day article is the first coverage of any kind of Southern's basketball team that I've seen.  Thirdly, Southern is evil and must be destroyed.
Really? We are evil? And besides, everyone is a LSU fan in football until their team starts to lose games against teams like Ole Miss. You are a lie about our basketball coverage. You said you live near, and not in Baton Rouge. I live in Baton Rouge.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2013, 09:31:32 AM »
Really? We are evil? And besides, everyone is a LSU fan in football until their team starts to lose games against teams like Ole Miss. You are a lie about our basketball coverage. You said you live near, and not in Baton Rouge. I live in Baton Rouge.

Jesus...don't be so defensive.  "<School name> is evil and must be destroyed" is a line used here before every game.  Do you know how message boards work?

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 09:31:37 AM »

Dude. Relax. We say that about everyone. A little sensitive?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2013, 09:36:51 AM »

Its from a movie (Steel Magnolias, IIRC, sadly).  Southern isn't special.  Everyone we play is evil and must be destroyed!

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2013, 09:37:13 AM »
Dude. Relax. We say that about everyone. A little sensitive?
We can engage a Southern fan for only so long.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2013, 09:40:10 AM »

Pre-game ritual, 225.   Before every game, there is a thread about how the opponent is evil and must be destroyed.   Your turn in the barrel.   Your guards are big and like to run.   Is this a change?   Last year, didn't you guys succeed by slowing tempo?   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback