[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Thank You NCAA.......  (Read 6496 times)

duanewade

• Team Captain
Thank You NCAA.......
« on: March 20, 2010, 09:46:00 PM »
Thank you NCAA for taking away our Sweet 16 birth and giving it to Washington by placing a biased officiating staff to call our game where every call over the critical last five minutes went against us.

Thank you NCAA for next allowing the destruction of the Big East conference by creating a bloated Big 10 which will slowly destroy many proud basketball only programs like Marquette that have multiple Final 4’s and National Championships.

Thank you NCAA for next  destroying the NCAA tournament by expanding it beyond 64…..too much of a good thing needed to be broken up and God forbid you have an 4-8 team playoff system for football when the excuse has always been it would be too many games for the “student-athlete”.  However the extra games created by a larger basketball field is clearly driven by greed but I still can’t wait to hear how they spin the hypocrisy of how their statement on a football playoff contradicts the expansion of the basketball tournament.  

Thank you NCAA for lightly policing corrupt programs that pay handlers money to obtain recruits and/or take care of key players families with gifts and sweet-heart deals (see “Bush”gate at U$C)….of course then take five years to investigate the matter with your bureaucracy long after most of the evidence has been destroyed and come down with a light slap on the wrist seven years later and mythically strip teams of games won.

Of course nobody on the Marquette team or the Marquette program has a killer instinct and seem to be indifferent to all of the above and many board posters look with naïve excitement at a “Catholic Conference” that will include Dayton and St. Louis again and wreak of mid-major.

Good news is eventually we’ll start getting blown out by BCS conference teams instead of always just losing to them (see Wisconsin, NC State, FSU, Washington…..we did beat Michigan however) which will cause a lot less “what if” frustration that we’ve lived with way too much over the last 4-5 years.  
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 09:48:54 PM by duanewade »

79Warrior

• All American
Re: Thank You NCAA.......
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 09:52:14 PM »

Prozac works wonders.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 09:52:50 PM »
What a waste of keystrokes.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 09:55:36 PM »
Honestly, the Big East teams were solid not spectacular this year. They REALLY stunk it up in the NCAAs though. We overestimated our BE teams and underestimated a hungry group of contenders.

We should have won.
Nova should have won.
Gtown should have won.
Lousiville...nah. ;)

A bad day at the office is a bad day at the office.
But at the NCAA office, you're fired after a bad day.
SS Marquette

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 10:00:18 PM »

Prozac works wonders.

Just the response I expected and in five years I'll accept your apology when all the above happens if we stay on the current path we're on....of course by then most of us will be indifferent like we were during the MCC days when I was there and Bradley Center drew 10,000 for a "big" game against Dayton....history has a way of repeating itself. 

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 10:02:34 PM »
What is the point of this rant. If you are so angry, why dont you do something else? If everything sucks, why do you care?

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 10:06:08 PM »
What is the point of this rant. If you are so angry, why dont you do something else? If everything sucks, why do you care?

Am I really just an angry idiot that your are making me out to be in your attempt to discredit me?  Or am I an intelligent, succesful alumni that doesn't like what he sees coming down the pike and is bringing up valid points.  

It's obvious where you stand but don't ruin it for the rest of us.  
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:41:24 PM by duanewade »

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 10:10:05 PM »
Maybe you could clarify.  What is it that you see coming down the pike?

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 10:25:44 PM »
Maybe you could clarify.  What is it that you see coming down the pike?

What scares me the most is when even the ND AD is talking out loud about "playing their hand" when talking about conference re-alignment.  ND has always had so much leverage with their unique/independent status with a national subway alumni fanbase and own tv station.  If they feel they have to move and join a conference or be left behind it doesn't fare well for Marquette at all.  And I don't like that Marquette fans seem apathetic to these potential changes which could push us back to the early 90's before the creation of the "Great Midwest" conference and the Kevin O'Neil hiring which got a home town kid like Jim McLvaine to stay home instead of going to UCLA.  Look no further in how much DePaul has fallen since their hey-day in the mid-80's....a series of bad decisions over the course of time can wreak havoc on a program.  Marquette has been blessed lately in that the AD's in charge have made great head coaching hires to keep our prorgram going up but Buzz will only be so loyal if Marquette get's screwed in a major BCS conference expansion that greatly hinders Marquette's ability to play a big time schedule in a big time conference and attract big time recruits.  Losing the way we did to Washington really stung as we could of made a big national splash as basketball only school that carried the big east in an otherwise down tournament.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 10:42:17 PM »

It's obvious where you stand but don't ruin it for the rest of us. 

What did I ruin?  YOU are the grumpy one who started the thread...

Things are likely to change. What can you do? Oh well...

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 10:49:18 PM »
What is it exactly that you want the Marquette administration to do?  Don't you think they are worried about the possibility of the Big East breaking up?  How exactly are they supposed to stop it, if the NCAA has no problem with the BCS conferences that are football-driven doing whatever they want?

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 10:56:53 PM »
What did I ruin?  YOU are the grumpy one who started the thread...

Things are likely to change. What can you do? Oh well...

We're all going to be grumpy if the worst case scenario I spelled out comes to fruition. 

What I would like to hear is that Marquette has a plan.  I would like to hear they we are working behind closed doors to make a case that an expansion of the Big 10 would be an antitrust violation, that we have high powered attorney's ready to go that will delay things and give the NCAA fits at every turn.  Maybe we could be such a pain in the arse that if the Big 10 expands to 14 they will agree to take two basketball only powers like Marquette and DePaul making it 14 football and 16 basketball schools.  I don't trust the NCAA and if they have a chance to make a dumb decision on their own with no outside pressue they will make it every time.  I guarantee the Wisconsin brass would love to destroy Marquette basketball as they may have won a national championship in basketball had they not lost so many in-state blue chip players like Diener, Novak, Matthews & Blue to us.  Basketball is big business and business is war and if you're not ferocious your enemies will be.       

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 11:05:05 PM »

What I would like to hear is that Marquette has a plan.  I would like to hear they we are working behind closed doors to make a case that an expansion of the Big 10 would be an antitrust violation, that we have high powered attorney's ready to go that will delay things and give the NCAA fits at every turn.     

If it's behind closed doors, why/how would we hear about it?

How do you know MU isn't currently doing this?

JimmyLikesBasketball

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2010, 11:12:34 PM »
duanewade, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thred is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.  ;)

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2010, 11:12:45 PM »
What is it exactly that you want the Marquette administration to do?  Don't you think they are worried about the possibility of the Big East breaking up?  How exactly are they supposed to stop it, if the NCAA has no problem with the BCS conferences that are football-driven doing whatever they want?

See my post to GOMU1104.....Warriors4ever....u r an intelligent poster and maybe I'm crazy with some of my thoughts and I'm willing to accept that but I want Marquette to fight and I'm not sure if they are even planning a fight.  We spend $10MM+/- on basketball each year so it's a big business that obviously grosses a lot more than that and helps with alumni donations and student applications with the recognition it provides.  Every business has to anticipate changes in the marketplace that could greatly impact their existence and the good business anticipate these changes and take them head on and the bad businesses get caught by surprise by these things and get pushed to the way side.  The whole steroids in baseball thing didn't get reigned in until congress threatened to police it for them unless they got their act together - outside pressure got them motivated and was the big stick that started the drug testing.....does Marquette have a big stick we can wield?  If not then we will get screwed.  
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 11:19:41 PM by duanewade »

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 11:14:44 PM »
duanewade, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thred is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.  ;)

I will not dignify this post with a response....ooops I just did. 

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 11:16:07 PM »
A bad day at the office is a bad day at the office.  But at the NCAA office, you're fired after a bad day.

I wish this were true - literally!  The NCAA is making so much money it is insane.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 11:16:13 PM »
If it's behind closed doors, why/how would we hear about it?

How do you know MU isn't currently doing this?

Good point.....I hope they are....if anyone has any information to such I would love to hear it.  

patso

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 11:20:05 PM »
The refs and "commitee" did cheat us this year. I watched the game.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 12:18:23 AM »
It's a crapshoot, always has been.  You have to be lucky in who you draw, where you play, etc.  MU, 5th place team in the Big East, gets the 2nd place Pac Ten team in a locale that is swamped with their fans.  Just the way it goes.

Some schools get gifts from heaven, some don't.  Over time, it probably evens out but unfortunately right now that's the way it goes.

One of the problems, if you call it that, in playing in the Big East is that unless you finish in the top 3 or 4, you're going to continue to get seeds like the 6, 7, 8, 9 seeds and will have a brutal first round game. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 09:51:48 AM »

Thank you, Billy Madison's Principal.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 10:11:53 AM »
Veronica Vaughn, so hot, want to touch the heine.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 10:21:47 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

goodgreatgrand

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 10:14:19 AM »
We're all going to be grumpy if the worst case scenario I spelled out comes to fruition. 

What I would like to hear is that Marquette has a plan.  I would like to hear they we are working behind closed doors to make a case that an expansion of the Big 10 would be an antitrust violation, that we have high powered attorney's ready to go that will delay things and give the NCAA fits at every turn.  Maybe we could be such a pain in the arse that if the Big 10 expands to 14 they will agree to take two basketball only powers like Marquette and DePaul making it 14 football and 16 basketball schools.    

In other words, you would like MU to act like a bit&h? Why do I have a feeling it didn't bother you that we left CUSA for the BE? Are you still sad for the remaining teams in CUSA?  ...hypocrite

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 10:16:47 AM »
This is all moot...the world is ending in 2012, so who cares?

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 11:15:06 AM »
Good point.....I hope they are....if anyone has any information to such I would love to hear it.  

Yea, you probably should have asked such questions before you fired off that original tirade.

You might have gotten more legitimate responses.