Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Nova game thread (cubed)  (Read 16589 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Nova game thread (cubed)
« Reply #200 on: March 08, 2018, 07:55:26 PM »
Can’t even be mad. MU played decently. Nova is just really f*cking good and experienced as hell. Kudos to them. Now we gotta root for the bubble to go our way.

Agreed. It's not like we're playing like we did against Depaul.

Nova is just light years ahead of us. If we play them 20 more times, we lose 20 more times.

My choice to win it all has been Nova all year. Nothing tonite changes my mind (obviously).

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #201 on: March 08, 2018, 07:55:31 PM »
Go pull Wojo’s win pct against top 15 teams and Buzz’s and compare the two. I’ll delete my account if Wojo’s is higher.

Not what you said.

You said MU used to "routinely" knock off top 5 teams.

Nice job shifting the goalposts

Shark

• All American
« Reply #202 on: March 08, 2018, 07:55:35 PM »
They BARELY got in last year, and then when they did...yeah, we all remember what happened. ONE...count 'em ONE tournament appearance in 4 years..So Sultan, if things go bad, next year, what's your excuse gonna be?? "too many newcomers to try to implement and the chemistry was off, wait until NEXT year"??

They lost 5 key guys since then and might be a better team this year

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #203 on: March 08, 2018, 07:55:45 PM »
Go pull Wojo’s win pct against top 15 teams and Buzz’s and compare the two. I’ll delete my account if Wojo’s is higher.

I got

13-29 for Buzz (30.9%)
4-17 for Wojo (19%)

Honestly expected the difference to be greater considering the teams the two coaches had. Also interesting is that Wojo is 3-6 in the last two years. Maybe a sign that things are trending upward.

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #204 on: March 08, 2018, 07:55:54 PM »
But No Dick will get in. Thanks to Buzz.
Sounds like you're a no dick fan. Congrats

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #205 on: March 08, 2018, 07:56:12 PM »
Also agree on this. I don't think anyone could beat Villanova tonight or even come that close. Our boys have given a great effort in my opinion.

Someone obviously switched out their rim for the bigger one at halftime. They're shooting like the hoop is 3 feet wide.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #206 on: March 08, 2018, 07:56:20 PM »
Sam and Greg have the same amount of points tonight
Sam was really bad this tourney
No Finish Line

muguru

• All American
« Reply #207 on: March 08, 2018, 07:56:34 PM »
They were in quite comfortably last season.

Depends on your perspective, a 10 seed to me, is not THAT comfortable, and if you remember, after beating Nova, they promptly gagged away a game against Providence at home, that set them back.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #208 on: March 08, 2018, 07:56:39 PM »
No one said that last year.
Agreed. I think the general concensus was that we were either going to stay the same or drop down depending on the freshman and Harry. Freshman did well but Harry lacked. Pretty much what everyone expected...unless you are unrealistic and think we should beat the best team in the nation

whitykj

• Starter
« Reply #209 on: March 08, 2018, 07:57:40 PM »
CAM!

nyg

• All American
« Reply #210 on: March 08, 2018, 07:57:46 PM »
Raise your hand if you think Froling going to be around next year.

MU getting clobbered by bigger, stronger team on boards all game, down 26 and he hasn’t played a minute.  Heck Marotta got time. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #211 on: March 08, 2018, 07:58:22 PM »
They BARELY got in last year, and then when they did...yeah, we all remember what happened. ONE...count 'em ONE tournament appearance in 4 years..So Sultan, if things go bad, next year, what's your excuse gonna be?? "too many newcomers to try to implement and the chemistry was off, wait until NEXT year"??

My expectations have already been stated in my signature.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #212 on: March 08, 2018, 07:58:32 PM »
Cam in. No Harry

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #213 on: March 08, 2018, 07:58:36 PM »
Not what you said.

You said MU used to "routinely" knock off top 5 teams.

Nice job shifting the goalposts

I did? Go quote my post again. YOU put the number “5” in. I said top teams in the country. Nice job reading English spaz.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #214 on: March 08, 2018, 07:58:49 PM »
Um.

When did MU "routinely" knock off top 5 teams?

Also looked this up. Buzz as far as I can tell had 0 wins against top 5 teams. Wojo has 2.

Now please don't take that as I'm saying Wojo is better than Buzz, he's not. I just found it interesting.
TAMU

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #215 on: March 08, 2018, 07:59:24 PM »
How Is anyone mad?  Nova is just unconscious right now, who cares.  It's beautiful basketball, just wish it didn't happen against us.

I actually thought we played well. Proud of this team

I agree totally with Pilot.  They're preparing to compete for a national championship.  Jay had them ready to play.  We're working very hard to be a borderline NCAA team.  And if not, try to make it to the Garden in a couple weeks.  All good.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #216 on: March 08, 2018, 07:59:43 PM »
Raise your hand if you think Froling going to be around next year.

MU getting clobbered by bigger, stronger team on boards all game, down 26 and he hasn’t played a minute.  Heck Marotta got time. 
Harry being a very good teammate on the bench with Andrew right now.  Don't know if he'll be back but I can honestly say that I think harry is a better human being than you

muguru

• All American
« Reply #217 on: March 08, 2018, 08:00:01 PM »
Agreed. I think the general concensus was that we were either going to stay the same or drop down depending on the freshman and Harry. Freshman did well but Harry lacked. Pretty much what everyone expected...unless you are unrealistic and think we should beat the best team in the nation

No, I didn't expect them to beat the best team in the nation, but you know what?? In the grand scheme of things, this game SHOULD have been meaningless..beat PC at home, or beat a terrible DePaul team two weeks ago, and they are safely in the NCAA's..Oh yeah, i forgot, they are YOUNG and that's what young teams do...lose games to terrible teams. My bad.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #218 on: March 08, 2018, 08:00:07 PM »
Feel bad for AR. That's tough. I want him to get a shot in the tourney that much more now
No Finish Line

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #219 on: March 08, 2018, 08:01:19 PM »
No, I didn't expect them to beat the best team in the nation, but you know what?? In the grand scheme of things, this game SHOULD have been meaningless..beat PC at home, or beat a terrible DePaul team two weeks ago, and they are safely in the NCAA's..Oh yeah, i forgot, they are YOUNG and that's what young teams do...lose games to terrible teams. My bad.
There are no terrible teams in the big East this year

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #220 on: March 08, 2018, 08:02:17 PM »
I got

13-29 for Buzz (30.9%)
4-17 for Wojo (19%)

Honestly expected the difference to be greater considering the teams the two coaches had. Also interesting is that Wojo is 3-6 in the last two years. Maybe a sign that things are trending upward.

Outside of Nova last year, which other top 15 wins did we have in the last 2 years? Was Seton Hall a top 15 this year when we won at home?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #221 on: March 08, 2018, 08:03:18 PM »
Creighton last year?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #222 on: March 08, 2018, 08:04:08 PM »

Brother guru, we can play this game both ways. What if they lose at Hall, or at Creighton, or at Providence? We're nowhere near the tourney. KenPom picked up us 49th preseason, we're gonna finish right around there. The Big East coaches picked us to finish 7th and we did. We are who we are this year.
TAMU

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #223 on: March 08, 2018, 08:04:39 PM »
Creighton last year?
That doesn't count for the wojo haters because they were missing a player. Nova last year doesn't count for the wojo haters either because of some stupid reason that they'll come up with

nyg

• All American
« Reply #224 on: March 08, 2018, 08:05:18 PM »
Harry being a very good teammate on the bench with Andrew right now.  Don't know if he'll be back but I can honestly say that I think harry is a better human being than you

Im sorry, but why are you being a d-bag?  I just mentioned if Harry s going to be around next year.  Never said anything bad about the kid, just that he didn't play.  Whats wrong with some of you guys?  Really.