Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: No Sam  (Read 6579 times)

MU72491

• Starter
No Sam
« on: December 05, 2014, 10:46:22 PM »
Sam decker is not playing tomorrow. From what I know and I have not posted here in a while but he will not play tomorrow

wadesworld

• All American
Re: No Sam
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 11:29:05 PM »
Just makes them better.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 11:39:12 PM »
He's a game time decision according to one website- Madison.com.

I haven't seen or heard anything else.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 11:43:00 PM »
I have zero insight, but I bet he plays, probably reduced minutes, maybe 10-20.  After MU, they have UWM, Nicholls St, then nine days off before playing Cal, and then Buffalo six days after the Cal game.  They could rest him all or most of that stretch and get him healthy for Big Ten play without sacrificing their second best player for tomorrow.  UW fans will downplay it, but this is a big rivalry game for them too, and Bo is well aware of that.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:48:49 PM by HutchwasClutch »

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 11:45:35 PM »
Badgers men's basketball: Sam Dekker a gametime decision vs. Marquette

7 HOURS AGO  •  BY JIM POLZIN | WISCONSIN STATE JOURNAL
"Junior forward Sam Dekker will be a gametime decision Saturday when the University of Wisconsin men’s basketball team plays Marquette at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee.
Dekker, who is third on the team in scoring with 11.8 points per game, has been bothered by a nagging ankle injury he sustained in late October. He sat out practice Thursday and Friday after finishing with five points and four rebounds in 24 minutes of play during the No. 2 Badgers’ 80-70 home loss to Duke on Wednesday night.
The athletic training staff has been limiting Dekker’s practice time, but his ankle doesn’t seem to be improving and it might take some extended rest time to get him fully healthy. UW coach Bo Ryan said Friday after practice that Dekker was scheduled to be with the team physician for further evaluation.
After the Marquette game, UW travels to UW-Milwaukee on Wednesday and hosts Nicholls State on Dec. 13. The Badgers don’t play again until a game at California on Dec. 22 and close non-conference play by hosting Buffalo on Dec. 28.
UW begins Big Ten Conference play against Penn State on Dec. 31 at the Kohl Center.
Dekker had 20 points and 10 rebounds in the Badgers’ 70-64 victory over visiting Marquette last season.
If he can’t play against Marquette, he likely would be replaced by senior forward Duje Dukan in the starting lineup. Dukan, who is averaging 7.8 points off the bench, has yet to start a game with the Badgers.
Dekker has appeared in 81 consecutive games since arriving at UW. He has started 46 consecutive games.
Tipoff between the Badgers (7-1) and Golden Eagles (4-3) is set for 11:30 a.m. The game will be televised by CBS."

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 12:14:15 AM »
Sam decker is not playing tomorrow. From what I know and I have not posted here in a while but he will not play tomorrow

I hope your right. Bucky only has an 8 man rotation.  Take Dekker out and they have a very short bench (or need to use their usual scrubs). Vitto Brown playing significant minutes for the Badgers can only be good for us.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 09:31:40 AM »
Badgers don't need Dekker. I'd take Duje in a heartbeat.  Wish he played for us.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 09:36:18 AM »
Badgers don't need Dekker. I'd take Duje in a heartbeat.  Wish he played for us.

Not about that. Duje may replace Dekker in the starting lineup. But that means Bo only has two players on his bench who have gotten regular playing time. He might have to dip into his benchwarmers if there's foul trouble.

Also, Duje? Really? I know he's having a nice little senior campaign off the bench, but he got 0 minutes his freshman year (both of them), 3 minutes a game his sophomore year, and 8 minutes a game his junior year. Hasn't really been a contributor until now.
TAMU

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 09:38:30 AM »

Please...he was generally horrid against Duke, a turnover waiting to happen against their quickness and athleticism.  He's a role player on a team of very good front line players, period.  I think Dekker is a tad overrated, but come on.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 10:00:23 AM »
Also, Duje? Really? I know he's having a nice little senior campaign off the bench, but he got 0 minutes his freshman year (both of them), 3 minutes a game his sophomore year, and 8 minutes a game his junior year. Hasn't really been a contributor until now.

Dukan is a typical Bo four-crap player. He's crap. He's crap. He's crap. Ah crap, he's pretty good.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 11:01:49 AM »
Paint Touches ‏@PaintTouches  4m4 minutes ago
#mubb RT @dave_heller Sam Dekker didn't practice the past two days but will start against Marquette. #Badgers
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 11:09:50 AM »
MarquetteMBB ‏@MarquetteMBB  4m4 minutes ago
#mubb starters vs. @BadgerMBB Carlino, Derrick Wilson, Duane Wilson, Anderson & Taylor Jr.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 11:25:06 AM »

See Anderson, Juan.

And truthfully Juan is a bit more Hobson's Choice, whereas Duje has pretty good players in front of him.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 11:32:07 AM »
Please...he was generally horrid against Duke, a turnover waiting to happen against their quickness and athleticism.  He's a role player on a team of very good front line players, period.  I think Dekker is a tad overrated, but come on.

20 and 10 against MU last year

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2014, 11:47:41 AM »
Dekker is playing
TAMU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 11:55:15 AM »
Dekker is SOFT! I can't think of a player who has been more overrated than Dekker.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 12:07:12 PM »
Dekker is SOFT! I can't think of a player who has been more overrated than Dekker.

+1000. Never seen a more invisible projected lottery pick. Ankle is good enough to run up and down as he did against Duke and us...you are good enough to still be effective.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 12:26:24 PM »
+1000. Never seen a more invisible projected lottery pick. Ankle is good enough to run up and down as he did against Duke and us...you are good enough to still be effective.

Agree with that.  You're either injured and can't play or you're making excuses.  If you sprained your ankle in preseason practice then by this point in the season you're playing as healthy as you're going to get.

Soft, soft, soft.  Glad he's playing.  Just wish we could find anything on offense.

Although Bronson Koenig may be just as overrated as Dekker is, so I guess I can think of one guy who is as overrated as Samuel.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 02:13:21 PM »
Hey, I MU all the way-----But where would have  Wisconsin been without Koenig and Dukan in last year's
NCAA Tourney. Kentucky was very lucky to come out with a "W". Dukan has those long arms at 6-9 and
can shoot and mixes it up underneath. Yes, he is only a contributor on a good team but I still would want him at MU. . Much better than Dekker. As some mentioned Dekker plays soft and has done that since freshman
year. Dukan developed late last year into a very capable BB player. Koenig is far from being overrated. Next
year, is his year. Would like him and DuWil together in backcourt.

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2014, 02:23:23 PM »
Hey, I MU all the way-----But where would have  Wisconsin been without Koenig and Dukan in last year's
NCAA Tourney. Kentucky was very lucky to come out with a "W". Dukan has those long arms at 6-9 and
can shoot and mixes it up underneath. Yes, he is only a contributor on a good team but I still would want him at MU. . Much better than Dekker. As some mentioned Dekker plays soft and has done that since freshman
year. Dukan developed late last year into a very capable BB player. Koenig is far from being overrated. Next
year, is his year. Would like him and DuWil together in backcourt.

Dukan is a stiff. Has zero skills outside of shooting ability. You are right though, he can be a factor on a good team. Not a guy you can rely on.

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2014, 02:47:26 PM »
Is his name Duje or Douche?  Just asking
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

feedback