Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette In The NBA This Year  (Read 12907 times)

lohaus

• Starter
Re: Marquette In The NBA This Year
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2016, 11:37:16 PM »
I think back to Jimmy Butler.  I didn't think he would be an NBA all star or much less an NBA player after his junior season of averaging 14 and 6.  I know I'm being hopeful because that would be a fantastic senior year for JJJ.  Luke? He can barely make it through a full college season.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2016, 11:46:56 PM »
I think back to Jimmy Butler.  I didn't think he would be an NBA all star or much less an NBA player after his junior season of averaging 14 and 6.  I know I'm being hopeful because that would be a fantastic senior year for JJJ.  Luke? He can barely make it through a full college season.

Again, where are people getting this idea from?  Luke has not missed a single game in which he has been eligible to play for Marquette University.  In fact, JJJ has missed more games, and a higher percentage of games, at Marquette than Luke has.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2016, 07:55:25 AM »
JJJ has a lot of potential this year. Hopefully he has a breakout year.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2016, 08:08:01 AM »
pathetic Chicos

You have summed him up in his entirety
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2016, 08:23:45 AM »

I didn't think he's be an NBA star, but Jimmy Butler's junior season was miles better than JJJ's.

JFB:  14.7/6.4/2.0 in 34 mpg
JJJ:  10.2/3.2/2.0 in 24 mpg

Furthermore, you could see a role for Jimmy in the NBA - a defensive stopper.  Which is how he hung his hat in the league the first couple of years.  I just don't see what role JJJ would play.

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2016, 08:43:37 AM »

I have posted here for years under another name. 

And the former name is . . .?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2016, 08:55:28 AM »

Furthermore, you could see a role for Jimmy in the NBA - a defensive stopper.  Which is how he hung his hat in the league the first couple of years.  I just don't see what role JJJ would play.

Both Jimmy and Lazar went down in the post and defended 4s and 5s.  They did anything and everything MU needed to win and MU actually won.  JJJ can't just be a wing, there's a million of those.  He needs to be the man (not necessarily on O but on D and on the boards) and do everything to show versatility to scouts.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2016, 11:40:03 AM »
Both Jimmy and Lazar went down in the post and defended 4s and 5s.  They did anything and everything MU needed to win and MU actually won.  JJJ can't just be a wing, there's a million of those.  He needs to be the man (not necessarily on O but on D and on the boards) and do everything to show versatility to scouts.

Here's hoping JJJ has a breakout season and I agree he's going to need to pitch in all over the court to succeed this season. But, there is ZERO evidence JJJ is an NBA talent. I feel like a lot of us (consciously or not) still draw on JJJ's "promise" coming out of high school to augment what he's actually done his three years at MU. What's he's done is all that matters now and it sure ain't NBA-level.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2016, 01:26:09 PM »
Here's hoping JJJ has a breakout season and I agree he's going to need to pitch in all over the court to succeed this season. But, there is ZERO evidence JJJ is an NBA talent. I feel like a lot of us (consciously or not) still draw on JJJ's "promise" coming out of high school to augment what he's actually done his three years at MU. What's he's done is all that matters now and it sure ain't NBA-level.

I think a lot of people draw on his promise out of HS in addition to his consistent improvement in the 2nd half of last year. Not just one in a vacuum. From about February on, it looked like the same light bulb went off for him as it did for Vander between sophomore & junior year. He finally looked comfortable asserting himself when needed, passing off when not. He shot 55% from the field (41% from 3), 87% from the line, and averaged 14 points/game with a variety of attack options and considerably better shot selection the last 11 games of the season. That's reason to get excited that he might be finally tapping into that potential.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2016, 05:16:59 PM »
And the former name is . . .?

Hoopaloop

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2016, 05:41:52 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback