collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Total wealth since 1989  (Read 13491 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Total wealth since 1989
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2022, 06:37:33 PM »
Pakuni

"Screwed the Pooch"...I am sorry if that is how your life has panned out, but I have four kids that would disagree with you. They have seen family sacrifice firsthand that enabled them a great foundation in life. My kids WILL have a better life and if it means I work until I am 90 that is life. You throw out generalizations and woe is me on a regular basis. There are plenty of weekend and night jobs you could take to make your life better. I can tell you that I am not above taking a second job at age 59 if it is needed. You get out of life what you put into it.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2022, 06:52:48 PM »
Pakuni

"Screwed the Pooch"...I am sorry if that is how your life has panned out, but I have four kids that would disagree with you. They have seen family sacrifice firsthand that enabled them a great foundation in life. My kids WILL have a better life and if it means I work until I am 90 that is life. You throw out generalizations and woe is me on a regular basis. There are plenty of weekend and night jobs you could take to make your life better. I can tell you that I am not above taking a second job at age 59 if it is needed. You get out of life what you put into it.

Goose,

Respectfully, go squat a rusty fence post. While you have a well-established record of posting make believe nonsense here (see: imaginary criticism after the Buffalo game, and Marquette wants to be like St. Louis) I suspect you'd be unable to find a single "woe is me" post I've made here.
I'm doing fine financially, thanks for your concern. I'm just not one of those people who need to seek validation on an internet message board.
Unfortunately, the same can't be said of subsequent generations, who thanks to Boomer greed and incompetence are staring down a less promising future.

https://www.businessinsider.com/millennials-highest-earning-generation-less-wealthy-boomers-2021-9

Goose

• All American
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2022, 07:06:04 PM »
Pakuni

I have zero concern for you financially. That said, I truly hope you have a happy and successful life. I would say your "screw the pooch" line was a woe is me statement. For the record, I have no interest in validation of my life via a message board. I try to offer my honest opinions and they may be right or wrong, but they are my opinions. Again, if you are facing a less promising future do something about it.

To be honest, I really do not care what anyone on here thinks about me or my posts and I would hope everyone feels that way. We are discussing topics, sometime sensitive, and we have a right to say our thoughts.

As for my well-established history of nonsense, that is your opinion. I post on a regular basis and surely have said nonsense, possibly more than the average poster. I respect your opinion to dismiss every word I post on here and would expect the same respect in return.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2022, 07:16:54 PM »
Goose,

Respectfully, go squat a rusty fence post. While you have a well-established record of posting make believe nonsense here (see: imaginary criticism after the Buffalo game, and Marquette wants to be like St. Louis) I suspect you'd be unable to find a single "woe is me" post I've made here.
I'm doing fine financially, thanks for your concern. I'm just not one of those people who need to seek validation on an internet message board.
Unfortunately, the same can't be said of subsequent generations, who thanks to Boomer greed and incompetence are staring down a less promising future.

https://www.businessinsider.com/millennials-highest-earning-generation-less-wealthy-boomers-2021-9

You should switch to beer at this point.  Or maybe water, just to be safe and avoid a nasty hangover.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2022, 07:22:23 PM »
LMFAO.

I doubt anyone who has the reading comprehension of a 3rd grader would call me angry.  As for unsuccessful, you must have very strange terms for such a word because I assure you I'm very well off.

Then you should pay your employees more.  Share the wealth, bigwig.  Jesmu would agree with me.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2022, 07:28:36 PM »
Hards

A wise man once told me that if you think you have a lot of money, double it. Sound advise from a crazy boomer I had the privilege of learning a great deal from in a past life.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2022, 07:38:36 PM »
What would Jesus charge for loaves and fishes?

Nothing, they were included in the concert’s ticket price.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2022, 07:42:24 PM »
someone's daddy had to give him his job, but living on our money allows one more "me" time than most.  isn't it mandated?

4 out of 10

People expect unhinged grammar, spelling and general crazy uncle posts when they read your stuff.  Please up your game
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2022, 05:32:39 AM »
I would say your "screw the pooch" line was a woe is me statement.

Disagree. It was a general statement that Gen X, Millennials, and Zoomers are worse situated on the whole than Boomers were. That doesn't speak to individual circumstance at all, and personal examples are also irrelevant in response because his comment was about society generationally as a whole.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2022, 05:38:21 AM »
Disagree. It was a general statement that Gen X, Millennials, and Zoomers are worse situated on the whole than Boomers were. That doesn't speak to individual circumstance at all, and personal examples are also irrelevant in response because his comment was about society generationally as a whole.
Here's an article showing that it's not as bad for the new generation as some people make it out to be:
https://ofdollarsanddata.com/no-millennials-arent-poorer-than-previous-generations/

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2022, 05:54:55 AM »
Brother Goose:

You and me both.

I adopted both of my children from a former Soviet Republic. While there is a lot of things my wife and I gave our children, the greatest gift of all was American citizenship. The day I stood and took the oath of citizenship on behalf of my two year olds was one of the best days of my life. When you realize where they came from and what they've accomplished since, you begin to realize what America is about!

This country is truly exceptional.

There are a lot of things my children could do for which I'd support, even though I disagreed with them. But never, ever, ever forget they are are Americans. There comes a responsibility with that to ensure the next generation has the same blessings that you did! That this country is worth protecting and building. I don't see that feeling in a lot of posts in here.

We aren't perfect. That's why our Constitution says, "In order to form a more perfect union..." It acknowledges we always will have work to do. But we are exceptional and the fact is 2.0 million people a year risk their lives to get here speaks for itself. They are not going to Mexico, Brazil or Argentina. They're coming here. People from all over the world are coming here, not because we are perfect but because we try and we strive to be better.

Write on DG. Sad that the woke folk can't see the light and appreciate what they have. Instead they're hell bent on shredding this country into confetti, erasing history, and concentrating on a revolutionary agenda, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2022, 06:17:38 AM »

Write on DG. Sad that the woke folk can't see the light and appreciate what they have. Instead they're hell bent on shredding this country into confetti, erasing history, and concentrating on a revolutionary agenda, hey?

“Woke folk”

😂😂😂😂

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2022, 07:06:15 AM »

Someone’s been watching too many Ron Johnson commercials.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2022, 07:18:11 AM »
Someone’s been watching too many Ron Johnson commercials.

Last revolution attempt I saw put a lot of people in jail, aina?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2022, 09:00:56 AM »
Instead they're hell bent on shredding this country into confetti, erasing history, and concentrating on a revolutionary agenda, hey?

Says a guy who cheered on: an attempt to shred the Constitution into confetti; an illegal scheme to erase millions of votes; and the cop-bashing, seditionist "revolution" at the U.S. Capitol.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2022, 09:17:18 AM »
Goose,

With benefit of reflection, my response to you last night was unnecessarily unkind. My apologies for that.

As for Ziggy, I'd gladly tell him to squat on a rusty fence post, but I imagine he already enjoys that regularly.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2022, 07:10:48 PM »
I had nothing when I started , was flat broke and homeless at one point . Got a job unloading trucks (the Banana loads paid extra )

Went to community college at night . Earned enough coin to enroll in a top level State University . Busted my ass and got top grades and made it into a top Private  Grad School

Some one from Wall Street took a chance on me even though I was a minority and had no pedigree .  Made the most of it . Worked 7 days a week  12-16 hours a day. Made a lot of contacts . Saved my bonuses and invested them .

Decided to go to Main Street so I could control my time more and be able to be involved in my kids athletic careers .

Put my life savings up to  build a decent sized company. We try to develop our employees careers and care about their families . We have collegial win win relationships with our customers and vendors .

I have found this country is truly the land of opportunity for those who want to work diligently and honestly .

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2022, 07:18:32 PM »
I had nothing when I started , was flat broke and homeless at one point . Got a job unloading trucks (the Banana loads paid extra )

Went to community college at night . Earned enough coin to enroll in a top level State University . Busted my ass and got top grades and made it into a top Private  Grad School

Some one from Wall Street took a chance on me even though I was a minority and had no pedigree .  Made the most of it . Worked 7 days a week  12-16 hours a day. Made a lot of contacts . Saved my bonuses and invested them .

Decided to go to Main Street so I could control my time more and be able to be involved in my kids athletic careers .

Put my life savings up to  build a decent sized company. We try to develop our employees careers and care about their families . We have collegial win win relationships with our customers and vendors .

I have found this country is truly the land of opportunity for those who want to work diligently and honestly .

💪💪💪

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2022, 07:23:55 PM »
The United States is a great country. I love living here. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

I don't want to tear it down or to fundamentally change it. I just want it to be better - to move closer to the ideal that it aspires to.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2022, 10:08:20 PM »
Then, vote according, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2022, 03:31:53 AM »
Herman

Outstanding post and thanks for sharing. That post should shut the door on this topic, but sadly, I am sure someone will find fault in your life story.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2022, 07:14:17 AM »
Herman

Outstanding post and thanks for sharing. That post should shut the door on this topic, but sadly, I am sure someone will find fault in your life story.

It’s a great story.  It’s one of many stories.  Lots of stories out there.  Good and bad

MU82

• All American
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2022, 08:13:23 AM »
Herman

I congratulate Herman on the life he has made for himself, Goose, and I find absolutely no fault with his life story. I love success stories. But why should it "shut the door"?

As Rico said, there are lots of great stories about people overcoming adversity to achieve success ... and lots of very sad stories about people denied the chance to do so for any number of reasons -- people who weren't able to say what Herman did: "Some one from Wall Street took a chance on me even though I was a minority and had no pedigree."

For every story like Herman's, there are hundreds (probably thousands, actually) of stories about minorities with no pedigree who haven't been as fortunate because of the color of their skin or their upbringing or their life circumstances.

Yes, people can and do "pull themselves up by the bootstraps" and succeed. Happens every day, and those stories, like Herman's, are always are inspiring. Unfortunately, also happening every day -- and much more often -- are good, hard-working people who, through absolutely no fault of their own, never get a shot at the brass ring and never will.

The single mother of two doesn't have time or energy after working 3 jobs and caring for her kids to go to school and find a benefactor -- even though she "busts her ass" just as much (if not more) than Herman did. It's more than a little insulting to suggest she simply didn't work hard enough (and I'm not saying you suggested that).

Life's not fair, and I'm not proposing a solution because I don't have one. But let's not pretend that the ability of some guy from Scoop to succeed (after getting a big assist from "some one on Wall Street") means that should "shut the door" on the issues involving people who aren't as lucky.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2022, 08:50:56 AM »
That didn’t take long.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2022, 12:23:33 PM »
Maybe Hermie wasn't clubbin' 5 nites/week, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback