[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[May 07, 2024, 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: K-12 Schools & COVID  (Read 125224 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: K-12 Schools & COVID
« Reply #875 on: January 04, 2022, 05:40:20 PM »
Chit happens, aina?

At Sobelman's? Yes, that area has always been sketchy.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #876 on: January 04, 2022, 05:42:16 PM »
Better be packin' when eatin' at Miss Katie's, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #877 on: January 04, 2022, 05:51:53 PM »
One crime every few weeks?   Better than where I live.   A little jealous.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #878 on: January 04, 2022, 09:45:50 PM »
17% out due to Covid, close the schools ..

Just wait until next September, when 25% of the teachers quit and move to another career.

The Great Resignation is going to absolutely crush the k-12 education system.

First day back after break, my wife came home super frustrated and said she would take another job in another field tomorrow if she could.  She said the kids are just awful and all need to be taken to the woodshed
30% of students were out today too and she has notice even more will be out tomorrow.

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: K-12 School year?
« Reply #879 on: January 04, 2022, 10:40:47 PM »
Bump to around the time in this thread of when we were having this conversation.  Some interesting takes to say the least

I know of only a handful of posters who routinely like to revisit the past this far back.  Maybe you'd like to name drop some people you know?

I think you know what we're talking about here.

Also, I'm not sure you really want anyone digging around and re-dunking on your stupid takes.

I'm perfectly fine with mine from then until now.... yours are pretty yikes. 

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #880 on: January 04, 2022, 11:22:54 PM »
I know of only a handful of posters who routinely like to revisit the past this far back.  Maybe you'd like to name drop some people you know?

I think you know what we're talking about here.

Also, I'm not sure you really want anyone digging around and re-dunking on your stupid takes.

I'm perfectly fine with mine from then until now.... yours are pretty yikes.

I revisited only because someone called me a liar so to prove them wrong what else am I supposed to do, just let them call me a liar or prove with “receipts” that what I say today is what I said then??

Your takes where wrong then, wrong today but you are too big of a coward to admit it or to ignorant it (not having children) to realize it.  Just back seat driving.  I’ve had a few opinions on here that weren’t great and more often then not I have no problem recognizing that.  But I also know when I’ve been right and will spike that football as well.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #881 on: January 04, 2022, 11:24:43 PM »
17% out due to Covid, close the schools ..

Just wait until next September, when 25% of the teachers quit and move to another career.

The Great Resignation is going to absolutely crush the k-12 education system.

If that’s the case then it was never about the kids for those that walk away from it.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #882 on: January 05, 2022, 06:20:43 AM »
If that’s the case then it was never about the kids for those that walk away from it.

🤪🤪🤪

Another terrible take. It’s a job. Just because you like dealing with kids, that’s doesn’t mean you like your job. Those can both be true.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #883 on: January 05, 2022, 07:09:29 AM »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #884 on: January 05, 2022, 07:39:15 AM »
Here ya go Einstein, hey?

https://youtu.be/M1b1T2AYFHY

You continuously present anecdotal stories as universal truths.  Pretty dumb.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #885 on: January 05, 2022, 07:54:43 AM »
And you and the woke crowd continue to minimize the ancillary consequences of our illogical, bureaucratic, governmental response to the pandemic, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #886 on: January 05, 2022, 08:03:20 AM »
And you and the woke crowd continue to minimize the ancillary consequences of our illogical, bureaucratic, governmental response to the pandemic, aina?

As someone that comes from a family of teachers and has intimate knowledge of teachers, teachers unions and administrations, I have a pretty good understanding of what’s going on currently and what has been going on for decades.

Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #887 on: January 05, 2022, 08:04:58 AM »

I think schools should be open and taught in person because I think the ancillary consequences of not doing so exceed the dangers of Covid.

I just don't make foolish blanket statements like "teachers don't want to teach."  I think teachers most definitely want to teach, but are now dealing with enforcing health protocols, and unsympathetic and occasionally hostile parents and students, which is all piled on top of the crap they have had to deal with over the last decade.

We as a society have devalued the teacher over the last 20 years.  The vast, vast majority want to teach.  That's what they signed up for.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #888 on: January 05, 2022, 08:12:44 AM »

I think schools should be open and taught in person because I think the ancillary consequences of not doing so exceed the dangers of Covid.

I just don't make foolish blanket statements like "teachers don't want to teach."  I think teachers most definitely want to teach, but are now dealing with enforcing health protocols, and unsympathetic and occasionally hostile parents and students, which is all piled on top of the crap they have had to deal with over the last decade.

We as a society have devalued the teacher over the last 20 years.  The vast, vast majority want to teach.  That's what they signed up for.

40 Years.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #889 on: January 05, 2022, 08:44:43 AM »

Amen.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #890 on: January 05, 2022, 08:57:45 AM »

Well, in Chicago, the teacher's union forced this to a vote or they were going to strike. 88% voted for the proposal. Pretty convincing evidence to me, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #891 on: January 05, 2022, 09:00:26 AM »
Well, in Chicago, the teacher's union forced this to a vote or they were going to strike. 88% voted for the proposal. Pretty convincing evidence to me, aina?

Oh.  So I see we are back to anecdotal stories leading to blanket truths.  ::) ::) ::)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #892 on: January 05, 2022, 09:02:26 AM »

And I look at it as educated people making educated decisions to protect their own health and the health of their students.   

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #893 on: January 05, 2022, 09:06:35 AM »
The concept teachers are motivated by the thought they are helping children learn / helping the future of society is indeed often correct --  Being an educator can very much be a "calling."

But .. it's monumentally bogus to use that as a bludgeon for them to put up with all the crap in the education system.

Many districts are quietly in crisis right now.  That's going to explode during next summer's Great Resignation. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #894 on: January 05, 2022, 09:09:57 AM »
Then what's the point of the vaccine? FD Joe now readily admits the federal government cannot control spread of the virus. That's up to individual states. Of course, that's backpedaling on 1 of his fundamental campaign promises.
Yet, he finds it appropriate to attempt federal vaccine mandates, aina?

#buffoon
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #895 on: January 05, 2022, 09:17:56 AM »
Then what's the point of the vaccine? FD Joe now readily admits the federal government cannot control spread of the virus. That's up to individual states. Of course, that's backpedaling on 1 of his fundamental campaign promises.

#buffoon

This is completely circular.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #896 on: January 05, 2022, 09:22:29 AM »

#buffoon
Arsonist again blames Fire Department.

Do dentists need to take mental acuity tests in order to keep practicing?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #897 on: January 05, 2022, 09:22:44 AM »

Oh.  So I see we are back to anecdotal stories leading to blanket truths.  ::) ::) ::)

The 3rd largest school district in the country voting 88% to strike is anecdotal now?

Rico saying that his family is full of teachers and he understands is anecdotal.   CTU striking on 1 day notice to families is not. Black and brown students no matta now?

Also, you keep referencing 10 years.  So you are saying that the world of education was all seashells and balloons before evil Scott Walker came along.  Too bad that the current dead fish was head of DPI during the last 10 years too.  But then we all know that he is a feckless empty suit.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #898 on: January 05, 2022, 09:27:30 AM »
Lock before the in
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #899 on: January 05, 2022, 10:21:25 AM »
I revisited only because someone called me a liar so to prove them wrong what else am I supposed to do, just let them call me a liar or prove with “receipts” that what I say today is what I said then??

Your takes where wrong then, wrong today but you are too big of a coward to admit it or to ignorant it (not having children) to realize it.  Just back seat driving.  I’ve had a few opinions on here that weren’t great and more often then not I have no problem recognizing that.  But I also know when I’ve been right and will spike that football as well.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.  You keep up the good work!

feedback