collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129006 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #9050 on: November 17, 2020, 10:38:01 PM »
I donno.  I've been on multiple flights (with middle seat open, and mask worn the entire time), lots of shopping, plenty of dining out (outdoors), a few road trips (including some crazy un-masked rest stops - or I was masked, but others weren't) and have not been infected yet (knock on wood).  But I have several friends that think sitting in an restaurant (indoors) without a mask on is OK because it's allowed.  That's crazy to me.  I would not do that.  Sure, you're' still following 6+ ft masked/unmasked rules but lots of folks seem to think it's OK.

I don't doubt that people have no idea where they get this thing, but they probably also assume that indoors without masks is fine as long as you're 6+ ft away from someone.

That goes back to your elected officials thing...this thing is airborne.  Lets just accept that and not do things that would allow you to catch/transmit it indoors.

That’s the thing with illnesses and risk factors: you can never get your risk level down to 0% even if you do all the ‘right things,’ and likewise, you may never get the illness even if you do all the ‘wrong things.’

People chain-smoke for decades and never get lung cancer, but there are people who never smoked a cigarette in their life and have no known exposure to radon, but die of it.

So yeah, it is frustrating. But that’s just how medicine works. Still, it’s no reason to stop doing the ‘right things,’ because you CAN minimize your risk.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #9051 on: November 18, 2020, 08:09:01 AM »
An interesting chart of cases by state over time.
https://dangoodspeed.com/covid/total-cases-since-june

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #9052 on: November 18, 2020, 12:35:03 PM »
COVID truthers keep trying to break into a Utah hospital to prove the pandemic is a hoax.
WTF is wrong with people?

https://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/utah-valley-hospital-dealing-with-ill-fated-attempts-of-conspiracy-theorists/article_d08ba93d-e25b-558e-a00e-c9891ac9970f.html

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9053 on: November 18, 2020, 12:39:29 PM »
COVID truthers keep trying to break into a Utah hospital to prove the pandemic is a hoax.

https://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/utah-valley-hospital-dealing-with-ill-fated-attempts-of-conspiracy-theorists/article_d08ba93d-e25b-558e-a00e-c9891ac9970f.html

With stories as crazy as this coming out seemingly every day, I am now realizing how 70M+ people in this country actually felt Donald Trump was fit to run a country.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #9054 on: November 18, 2020, 12:47:33 PM »
With stories as crazy as this coming out seemingly every day, I am now realizing how 70M+ people in this country actually felt Donald Trump was fit to run a country.

Q is gonna be comin' after you if you keep making comments like this.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9055 on: November 18, 2020, 12:55:41 PM »
F Q.   I am not on the mood for COVID deniers at the moment.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9056 on: November 18, 2020, 02:37:57 PM »
You know the answer to that
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9057 on: November 18, 2020, 03:07:57 PM »
You know the answer to that

Yep. True Believers just listening to the Dear Leader.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #9058 on: November 18, 2020, 03:36:56 PM »
F Q.   I am not on the mood for COVID deniers at the moment.

I have felt that way since March. The worst deniers are either in the White House or work for the White House.

To think that people here got upset when I called trump a killer. That was 100,000 deaths ago.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9059 on: November 18, 2020, 04:26:48 PM »

Show them the morgue first and ask them if they want to go to the Covid wing.  Have them sign away their right to a bed at the hospital.  Then show them the suffering people in the Covid wing.

There is no way to otherwise convince these folks.

In case it isn't clear, I am not being serious about the field trip to the hospital.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #9060 on: November 18, 2020, 04:31:06 PM »
Show them the morgue first and ask them if they want to go to the Covid wing.  Have them sign away their right to a bed at the hospital.  Then show them the suffering people in the Covid wing.

In case it isn't clear, I am not being serious about the field trip to the hospital.

Won't those people just say those people aren't suffering from covid because it doesn't really exist?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9061 on: November 18, 2020, 04:32:38 PM »

I doubt even that would work. They would simply say the people died (or were dying) of something else. Like the woman in South Dakota who used her last breaths to tell her nurse that Covid didn’t exist. :(

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9062 on: November 18, 2020, 04:40:28 PM »

I doubt even that would work. They would simply say the people died (or were dying) of something else. Like the woman in South Dakota who used her last breaths to tell her nurse that Covid didn’t exist. :(

All you can tell people like that is to Rest In Piss.

Nope, not a typo.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #9063 on: November 18, 2020, 04:46:23 PM »
83 people attended a wedding in Ohio last month. Most didn't wear masks.
32 of them got COVID, including the bride and groom (Xavier grads, d'oh) and three grandparents. Two hospitalized in serious condition, but fortunately no deaths so far.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-ohio-wedding-superspreader-bride-groom-emotional-toll-20201118-3qr4jzoeave4heoxth33vwfmqy-story.html

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9064 on: November 18, 2020, 04:56:23 PM »
83 people attended a wedding in Ohio last month. Most didn't wear masks.
32 of them got COVID, including the bride and groom (Xavier grads, d'oh) and three grandparents. Two hospitalized in serious condition, but fortunately no deaths so far.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-ohio-wedding-superspreader-bride-groom-emotional-toll-20201118-3qr4jzoeave4heoxth33vwfmqy-story.html

Well that was smart of them to cut down from 200 to 83, everyone knows the virus only shows up in number 84.
Maigh Eo for Sam

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #9065 on: November 18, 2020, 08:46:43 PM »
“Tyson Foods ordered employees to report for work while supervisors privately wagered money on the number of workers who would be sickened by the deadly virus.”

https://iowacapitaldispatch.com/2020/11/18/lawsuit-tyson-managers-bet-money-on-how-many-workers-would-contract-covid-19/

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #9066 on: November 18, 2020, 09:23:11 PM »
Well that was smart of them to cut down from 200 to 83, everyone knows the virus only shows up in number 84.

Yeah what makes anyone think that having 83 guests together like that right now is a good idea?  And to have Grandparents there too?  Wow...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9067 on: November 18, 2020, 10:35:33 PM »
Eighty three.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9068 on: November 19, 2020, 06:16:59 AM »
One quarter of a million dead Americans ... and counting.

Are we sick and tired of winning yet?

"It affects virtually nobody."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9071 on: November 19, 2020, 01:58:41 PM »

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #9072 on: November 19, 2020, 06:15:10 PM »

From a doctor friend in Ohio.

I got two emails from my employer today. The first congratulated me for 20 years of service! The second told me that I might get pulled off service as a radiologist and have to work outside of my speciality caring for Covid patients (which I haven't done in 20 yrs)

Yikes. Locally we have a friend who is an Obgyn. He is terrified he is going to be enlisted into the front lines here.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9073 on: November 19, 2020, 06:40:10 PM »
From a doctor friend in Ohio.

I got two emails from my employer today. The first congratulated me for 20 years of service! The second told me that I might get pulled off service as a radiologist and have to work outside of my speciality caring for Covid patients (which I haven't done in 20 yrs)

Yikes. Locally we have a friend who is an Obgyn. He is terrified he is going to be enlisted into the front lines here.

Well apparently the White House believes Radiologists are most qualified for fighting this so it's makes sense to have him on the front lines
Maigh Eo for Sam

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #9074 on: November 19, 2020, 07:26:27 PM »
“When they stormed Normandy, they knew there were going to be casualties, there was gonna be risk. Two percent of the people that go to the emergency room go for COVID-19. But young people, they think it’s like cancer. They think they’re gonna die.”
-Lou Holtz in August

“I don’t have a lot of energy right now.” -COVID-19 positive Lou Holtz November.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/6347615002?__twitter_impression=true

feedback