collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129046 times)

WarriorDad

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #6100 on: May 28, 2020, 05:34:34 PM »
We've been here done this. Science says that we are under-reporting COVID deaths. Look at Florida, which had a late season rush of pneumonia deaths in mid to late March that exceeded normals by 100's per day, all flu negative.

They recorded them all as pneumonia deaths, not CoVID even though they were almost assuredly COVID. They were also leaving out deaths with COVID on the death certificate if it also listed Pneumonia.

Again, Science says we are undercounting. This is more prevalent in Red states, where for political reasons they want the numbers lower.

Probably.  And in blue states they want the numbers higher.  That is my conspiracy theory and I am sticking to it. 

And the arguments continue on and on and on and on.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #6101 on: May 28, 2020, 05:40:28 PM »
Your pretend-to-be-a-Dem-but-act-like-a-right-winger act is getting boring.

You don't like Democrats that aren't hard core to the left.  I am pro life, own guns, believe in worker's rights.  That used to be what the party stood for growing up.  The party has gone very left.  The GOP has gone very right.  I am still a registered Democrat to this day and I do not act like a right-winger, but I don't act like a left-winger either.

It is troubling in our society today that it is boring to be moderate, question both sides.   This latest debate on social media bias and the complaints from both sides.  I remember when we, Democrats, believed in the Fairness Doctrine.  Ronald Reagan killed that.  Trump essentially wants a fairness doctrine for social media, which in the old days we would have supported and now we don't.  Trump is a hypocrite (that is redundant) and so are we.  Both parties change positions all too often for my taste.   I didn't change, the parties have and that is a factual statement, not an opinion.  Look at the planks of the GOP and the Democratic parties in the late 60's and early 70's.  There are some radical ideological changes that have taken place.

Boring
— Plato

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #6102 on: May 28, 2020, 05:45:43 PM »
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1187829299207954437?s=19

These tweets were sent out October of 2019.

He was right, but why did President Obama and VP Biden not restock millions of N95 masks if he were to make such a claim about the current President then their actions don't back up the tweet (the talk).  For that matter, why didn't Trump replace them in 2017-2019?  Both sides failed to adequately prepare, typical political doublespeak.

Fact checked below

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/03/fact-check-did-obama-administration-deplete-n-95-mask-stockpile/5114319002/
— Plato

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6103 on: May 28, 2020, 05:53:07 PM »
He was right, but why did President Obama and VP Biden not restock millions of N95 masks if he were to make such a claim about the current President then their actions don't back up the tweet (the talk).  For that matter, why didn't Trump replace them in 2017-2019?  Both sides failed to adequately prepare, typical political doublespeak.

Fact checked below

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/03/fact-check-did-obama-administration-deplete-n-95-mask-stockpile/5114319002/

Did both sides cut the pandemic response team? Did both sides cut programs to prepare worldwide pandemics?

But hey. Election year. Political suicide. Couldn’t do anything else. Both sides.

Sincerely yours, the guy who isn’t partisan that has only ever voted blue.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #6104 on: May 28, 2020, 07:05:30 PM »

Fact checked below

They tried to get funding to increase the emergency stockpile and better prepare for future emergencies, but congress said we couldn't afford to spend more money, we also couldn't afford tax cuts for the working class, because...deficit.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6105 on: May 28, 2020, 09:18:26 PM »
You don't like Democrats that aren't hard core to the left.  I am pro life, own guns, believe in worker's rights.  That used to be what the party stood for growing up.  The party has gone very left.  The GOP has gone very right.  I am still a registered Democrat to this day and I do not act like a right-winger, but I don't act like a left-winger either.

It is troubling in our society today that it is boring to be moderate, question both sides.   This latest debate on social media bias and the complaints from both sides.  I remember when we, Democrats, believed in the Fairness Doctrine.  Ronald Reagan killed that.  Trump essentially wants a fairness doctrine for social media, which in the old days we would have supported and now we don't.  Trump is a hypocrite (that is redundant) and so are we.  Both parties change positions all too often for my taste.   I didn't change, the parties have and that is a factual statement, not an opinion.  Look at the planks of the GOP and the Democratic parties in the late 60's and early 70's.  There are some radical ideological changes that have taken place.

Boring

You’re boring because you’re a troll who can’t admit who you really are. It’s gotten old.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pacearrow02

• Starter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6107 on: May 28, 2020, 10:04:57 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/ericMstrauss/status/1266136090806755329

👏👏

Why should any of us click on a twat about who-knows-what posted by a non-Marquette fan who just stumbled on our site?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #6108 on: May 28, 2020, 10:20:41 PM »
Probably.  And in blue states they want the numbers higher.  That is my conspiracy theory and I am sticking to it. 

I'll take actual data over a conspiracy theory.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #6109 on: May 29, 2020, 12:01:27 AM »

So, you believe that Florida has had a 560% increase in deaths by pneumonia this year? And in a year where the R governor has actively suppressed information about COVID deaths?????????

Just FYI, our local grocery store is having a special on tin foil, if you need more.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #6110 on: May 29, 2020, 12:21:30 AM »
Why should any of us click on a twat about who-knows-what posted by a non-Marquette fan who just stumbled on our site?

FWIW, it’s coming from an ABC News medical reporter and his feed is very much balanced and speaking to the horrors of COVID just a few days back.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6111 on: May 29, 2020, 06:33:31 AM »
So, you believe that Florida has had a 560% increase in deaths by pneumonia this year? And in a year where the R governor has actively suppressed information about COVID deaths?????????

Just FYI, our local grocery store is having a special on tin foil, if you need more.

He believes...

“Both sides.”
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #6112 on: May 29, 2020, 07:28:37 AM »
FWIW, it’s coming from an ABC News medical reporter and his feed is very much balanced and speaking to the horrors of COVID just a few days back.

I'm not sure why people can't just say, "Wow, that is some unexpected good news!".

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #6113 on: May 29, 2020, 07:36:04 AM »
I'm not sure why people can't just say, "Wow, that is some unexpected good news!".

No kidding.  There have been some very positive things recently that show if we are cautious, do things outside and have testing that we can return to a better normal.  I would point to the WI elections, GA/FL reopening and relaxing restrictions in the NE while still making progress on cases/hospitalizations.  These are all good things.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #6114 on: May 29, 2020, 07:48:57 AM »
No kidding.  There have been some very positive things recently that show if we are cautious, do things outside and have testing that we can return to a better normal.  I would point to the WI elections, GA/FL reopening and relaxing restrictions in the NE while still making progress on cases/hospitalizations.  These are all good things.

Exactly, I'm more than happy to be wrong about reopening if these trends continue.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #6115 on: May 29, 2020, 07:53:25 AM »

GA/FL I can't buy their numbers due to all the sketchy reporting and I think that's why people are hesitant to say great news. That is great news for WI and other states reporting more honestly. Unfortunately certain posters here refuse to look at the difference between the cases or density of the states still in lockdown and would instead politicize it as "lefty paranoia"
Maigh Eo for Sam

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #6116 on: May 29, 2020, 08:06:19 AM »

Oh I completely agree, I was trying to encourage 82 to read it regardless of who shared it

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #6117 on: May 29, 2020, 08:06:53 AM »
GA/FL I can't buy their numbers due to all the sketchy reporting and I think that's why people are hesitant to say great news. That is great news for WI and other states reporting more honestly. Unfortunately certain posters here refuse to look at the difference between the cases or density of the states still in lockdown and would instead politicize it as "lefty paranoia"

The numbers are probably good enough.  Watch the hospitalizations.  That cant be faked.  If they are at a manageable capacity though, its probably all we can ask for.

Some will never believe this was bad - even though there is enough data on uncontrolled spread that says otherwise. 

At the end of the day as long as we dont have undetected and uncontrolled spread, we will be somewhat ok.  I believe if we had the testing, tracing & awareness levels that we have today, it probably wouldn't have gotten to the level of out of control we experienced in the first place.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 08:11:00 AM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #6118 on: May 29, 2020, 08:26:54 AM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6119 on: May 29, 2020, 09:16:15 AM »
Oh I completely agree, I was trying to encourage 82 to read it regardless of who shared it

My point wasn't that I'm unwilling to look at links shared by a variety of Scoopers. I am, and I do all the time.

My point was that here's this troll, who has no interest being part of this community but simply to be a divisive flamethrower, and he posts a link without even saying what it might be about. He has gone at it with numerous Scoopers and obviously has his own agenda. How are we supposed to know it's not something with a virus attached, or something simply vile and stupid?

Based upon your recommendation, I did just look at it. I am hoping that this does prove to be something to cheer. Of course, it was political (as many of my posts in this thread are, too), and the tweets that followed were hyper-political shots at governors who actually had the temerity to follow the president's guidelines.

But sure, on the face of it, it's fantastic news if we can re-open the country and not see more sickness and death. Absolutely.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #6120 on: May 29, 2020, 10:11:17 AM »

Are you that thick in the head?  Do you not know sarcasm?

A quick peek at the arrow's account show that he is an MU fan and has been registered since 2014.

I'm surprised someone as well read as you wouldn't have noticed that.

I realize that ABC News isn't left enough for you to trust, but more Americans get their news from ABC than any other source.

Perhaps we could limit posted tweets to mu fan in CT's troll accounts or jesmu's friends.

***Insert Nads' "obsessed " gif here.

::) ::)

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #6121 on: May 29, 2020, 10:29:59 AM »
Are you that thick in the head?  Do you not know sarcasm?

A quick peek at the arrow's account show that he is an MU fan and has been registered since 2014.

I'm surprised someone as well read as you wouldn't have noticed that.

I realize that ABC News isn't left enough for you to trust, but more Americans get their news from ABC than any other source.

Perhaps we could limit posted tweets to mu fan in CT's troll accounts or jesmu's friends.

::) ::)

👍👍 alumni (sorry to disappoint some of you) and season ticket holder and very much a “projo”. Don’t comment often over on the hoops board but have been reading for a long long time.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #6122 on: May 29, 2020, 10:35:02 AM »
My point wasn't that I'm unwilling to look at links shared by a variety of Scoopers. I am, and I do all the time.

My point was that here's this troll, who has no interest being part of this community but simply to be a divisive flamethrower, and he posts a link without even saying what it might be about. He has gone at it with numerous Scoopers and obviously has his own agenda. How are we supposed to know it's not something with a virus attached, or something simply vile and stupid?

Based upon your recommendation, I did just look at it. I am hoping that this does prove to be something to cheer. Of course, it was political (as many of my posts in this thread are, too), and the tweets that followed were hyper-political shots at governors who actually had the temerity to follow the president's guidelines.

But sure, on the face of it, it's fantastic news if we can re-open the country and not see more sickness and death. Absolutely.

Of course don’t agree with the troll post and I do get a little worked up, admittedly too worked sometimes but just trying to offer an opposing viewpoint to some of this stuff to hopefully lead to a productive/polite discussion but that’s hard to come by around here.

When wrong I do my best to admit it.  When right I have a tendency to obnoxiously spike the football so apologies in advance for my posts coming once hydroxy is proven effective when given early on in preventing the progress of Covid (I’m confident it’s coming)  ;)  :-\

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6123 on: May 29, 2020, 12:41:14 PM »
Of course don’t agree with the troll post and I do get a little worked up, admittedly too worked sometimes but just trying to offer an opposing viewpoint to some of this stuff to hopefully lead to a productive/polite discussion but that’s hard to come by around here.

When wrong I do my best to admit it.  When right I have a tendency to obnoxiously spike the football so apologies in advance for my posts coming once hydroxy is proven effective when given early on in preventing the progress of Covid (I’m confident it’s coming)  ;)  :-\

I didn't get the sarcasm, obviously, and I didn't feel any need to look at your posting or membership history. So I also owe you an apology.

We obviously disagree politically, but I'm glad we agree that We Are Marquette!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6124 on: May 29, 2020, 12:41:59 PM »

No need.

As one Scooper likes to say: "rent free."

feedback