[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129241 times)

Pakuni

• All American

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #5726 on: May 20, 2020, 11:27:46 PM »
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5727 on: May 21, 2020, 06:49:59 AM »
That Columbia study is going to end up being politically weaponized.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5728 on: May 21, 2020, 07:15:19 AM »
I wasted an awful lot of Clorox wipes wiping down groceries for nothing.

Honestly, If groceries were infecting people we'd have seen grocery stores having to close a long time ago due to infected staff.  For the first couple of days, we brought stuff in, and let it sit in the cabinet or fridge a day before we used it.  When we didn't see outbreaks from grocery store workers like crazy I figured it was safe to forego the safety measure.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #5729 on: May 21, 2020, 07:46:07 AM »
That Columbia study is going to end up being politically weaponized.
There was a study a few weeks back that said essentially the same thing, but it didn't get any play. This might, I suppose, because Columbia's name is attached to it.

Personal opinion only, I don't think shutting down two weeks earlier would have been feasible. That's not really where the major unnatural carnal knowledge ups lay, IMO.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 07:49:44 AM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #5730 on: May 21, 2020, 07:58:25 AM »
Don't think I've seen this posted yet:

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/infection-control/covid-19-does-not-easily-spread-via-contaminated-surfaces-cdc-says.html

So wearing a mask is more important than washing your hands (half kidding).  Washing hands is still very important.
I think this takes us in a new direction and shows the importance of wearing a mask.
It really is amazing how these viruses travel and are passed along

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5731 on: May 21, 2020, 07:59:59 AM »
The science is settled,  aina.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5732 on: May 21, 2020, 08:04:28 AM »
There was a study a few weeks back that said essentially the same thing, but it didn't get any play. This might, I suppose, because Columbia's name is attached to it.

Personal opinion only, I don't think shutting down two weeks earlier would have been feasible. That's not really where the major unnatural carnal knowledge ups lay, IMO.
It would have been even more difficult to shut things down without the up close and personal death and dying.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #5733 on: May 21, 2020, 08:05:17 AM »

Nice addition. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5734 on: May 21, 2020, 08:11:55 AM »

Was in SE Asia.  Maybe we should take a couple of hints from what others have done right instead of putting out an official statement that masks don't work.  Would have been nice to have a stockpile of safety equipment for such an event so we didn't have to confuse the American public.  Oh well, there will be a next time.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5735 on: May 21, 2020, 08:12:49 AM »

Yes it is. Over 100K new coronavirus cases yesterday. We’ve got it under control!
Open up!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #5736 on: May 21, 2020, 08:13:27 AM »

Nope.  It’ll change a lot between now and the end of this.  The sooner people accept that, the faster we can beat this.  I applaud the men and women working their tails off trying to beat this.  They know people are dying and getting sick everyday and it’s up to them to stop that.  God bless them
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5737 on: May 21, 2020, 08:21:06 AM »
Wow, the mope squad is out in full force this morning.  My comment was snark.  JFC.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5738 on: May 21, 2020, 08:24:29 AM »
Wow, the mope squad is out in full force this morning.  My comment was snark.  JFC.

They're all snark and no substance.

Sorta like most things from the dope squad.

jficke13

• All American

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5740 on: May 21, 2020, 08:40:05 AM »
They're all snark and no substance.

Sorta like most things from the dope squad.

Ok, Hoke.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5741 on: May 21, 2020, 08:45:30 AM »
Ok, Hoke.

I mean, you can easily check your post history and find what I said to be true.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #5742 on: May 21, 2020, 08:50:04 AM »
Yes it is. Over 100K new coronavirus cases yesterday. We’ve got it under control!
Open up!

Allowing for snark....if we don't open now, when do we? You're king of America as of today, what's your plan from this point forward?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #5743 on: May 21, 2020, 08:53:29 AM »
Allowing for snark....if we don't open now, when do we? You're king of America as of today, what's your plan from this point forward?

If we are going to reopen most places, now is the time.  Need to maximize what we can while the weather is nice (for areas relatively in control).

I think the thing people need to ask themselves is what is your government/state doing to catch the virus and tell those people to stay home until well.  Secondarily, how do we make it economically palatable for those people to follow the order.  That is really what this has been about even from the start (shut-down decision/out of control because we had no clue how prevalent the virus was).

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5744 on: May 21, 2020, 08:54:09 AM »
I mean, you can easily check your post history and find what I said to be true.

No shît genious.  It's been my schtick for 14 years on this site. 

We all cant be as smart and hysterical as you,  but you have a Solution for everything. 

This place is a joke and i treat it as such.  Always have.

Good luck with your paranoia.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5745 on: May 21, 2020, 09:02:31 AM »
No shît genious.  It's been my schtick for 14 years on this site. 

We all cant be as smart and hysterical as you,  but you have a Solution for everything. 

This place is a joke and i treat it as such.  Always have.

Good luck with your paranoia.

Hey, isn't paranoia a mental illness?  You're allowed to call people names, but I can't?  Just checking to see if the rules you created are different for you.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5746 on: May 21, 2020, 09:07:25 AM »
Hey, isn't paranoia a mental illness?  You're allowed to call people names, but I can't?  Just checking to see if the rules you created are different for you.

I support you getting the help you need.  Seriously, i do worry about your mental health, and the mental health of all workers during the pandemic.  Something like 40% of all employees have reported symptions of anxiety and or depression in the last few months.  The mental health system is strained, was already, worse now, but make the call.  It will help you immensely.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5747 on: May 21, 2020, 09:08:31 AM »

Masks are mandatory in indoor public places.   Ticketable offense.   Costco can send a picture of your bare face to the 5-0 and it is a $100 fine.   Nationwide universal testing program.   Find a reliable antibodies test.    Cash payments to the previously underpaid unappreciated essential employees.  Stockboys, delivery truck drivers, paramedics working for private companies, nursing home employees, janitors at medical facilities.

Direct payments to small businesses to open them back up.   Insist they all have a plan and actually follow it.   As the king, make a show of visibly following the protocol.   Use my bully pulpit to marginalize the anti-maskers.   Bet my political career on doing the right thing by my constituents.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5748 on: May 21, 2020, 09:11:46 AM »
I support you getting the help you need.  Seriously, i do worry about your mental health, and the mental health of all workers during the pandemic.  Something like 40% of all employees have reported symptions of anxiety and or depression in the last few months.  The mental health system is strained, was already, worse now, but make the call.  It will help you immensely.

Just to be clear, when I do something like this, you fly off the handle at me.  But when you do it, it's a hilarious joke.

Character revealed, truly.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5749 on: May 21, 2020, 09:14:25 AM »
Just to be clear, when I do something like this, you fly off the handle at me.  But when you do it, it's a hilarious joke.

Character revealed, truly.

I'm being serious.