[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129233 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #2175 on: March 23, 2020, 10:33:29 PM »
First of all, you aren't supposed to ingest it. People should know that. That's pretty obvious. Second of all, how about we be a bit fair here and also post an article that shows what can happen when done properly..

https://www.foxnews.com/health/florida-man-with-coronavirus-claims-malaria-drug-saved-life

Wut?

Please tell me about the route of administration for chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 10:36:36 PM by jesmu84 »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2176 on: March 23, 2020, 10:35:09 PM »
Wut?

It’s a topical cream? Or maybe a mouth wash?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2177 on: March 23, 2020, 10:37:33 PM »
@DrEricDing: Italy 🇮🇹 is bending the arc and rounding the corner hopefully. For 2nd consecutive day, new #COVID19 cases lower than day before. Today's death toll (601), yesterday (651), day before (793). Let’s keep up the lockdown. Other countries pay attention. https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1242214658523705344/photo/1

That’s great news.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 09:30:09 AM by rocky_warrior »

LON

• All American
« Reply #2178 on: March 23, 2020, 10:37:56 PM »
It’s a topical cream? Or maybe a mouth wash?

Butt chugging, obviously.  But you still have to spit it out, because, you can’t ingest it. We all should know that.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2179 on: March 23, 2020, 10:40:27 PM »
Butt chugging, obviously.  But you still have to spit it out, because, you can’t ingest it. We all should know that.

This makes sense, it’s like reverse osmosis.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2180 on: March 23, 2020, 10:43:07 PM »
This was inevitable sadly.

https://twitter.com/HeidiNBC/status/1242238268277755905?s=19

They found fish tank cleaner in the back of their pantry and decided to self medicate.  Darwin just catching up to some old folks that got missed.  But OMB.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2181 on: March 23, 2020, 10:46:15 PM »
How many people died from H1N1 under your boy Obama's watch before he even declared it a National emergency??

Zero. It was declared a public health emergency on April 26th 2009, when there were only 20 cases in the entire US, and zero deaths.

Now, I guess, you have a point on "National Emergency," but that is semantics.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/mar/04/facebook-posts/president-obama-declared-h1n1-public-health-emerge/

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2182 on: March 23, 2020, 11:06:28 PM »
I don’t think my opinion makes any difference, I consider myself fiscally conservative and socially liberal. To me, the downfall of Trump throughout this crisis is that he can’t blame a person and pin this on that one person. A pathogen has no face, no personality, it can’t be bullied or yelled at. With lives and livelihoods at stake, literally no one has time for what is going on from a leadership standpoint at the Federal level. Good leaders and politicians are great sellers of hope. Right now demand is at an all time high, but sadly supply is at an all time low.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2183 on: March 23, 2020, 11:16:53 PM »
I don’t think my opinion makes any difference, I consider myself fiscally conservative and socially liberal. To me, the downfall of Trump throughout this crisis is that he can’t blame a person and pin this on that one person. A pathogen has no face, no personality, it can’t be bullied or yelled at. With lives and livelihoods at stake, literally no one has time for what is going on from a leadership standpoint at the Federal level. Good leaders and politicians are great sellers of hope. Right now demand is at an all time high, but sadly supply is at an all time low.

Agreed. In the midst of a crisis, people need a reason for hope...but the hope needs to be based on the facts. Unfortunately, we are being told to hope by someone who also tells us to disregard the facts we’re getting from the medical community.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2184 on: March 23, 2020, 11:22:03 PM »
Agreed. In the midst of a crisis, people need a reason for hope...but the hope needs to be based on the facts. Unfortunately, we are being told to hope by someone who also tells us to disregard the facts we’re getting from the medical community.

Good language here. We don't need a message of hate. We don't need someone to blame. We need and want a message of hope and togetherness.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2186 on: March 23, 2020, 11:59:08 PM »
This makes sense, it’s like reverse osmosis.

Reverse assmosis.  Come on.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2187 on: March 24, 2020, 12:03:36 AM »
Yeah okay...let me ask you a question..I know you're not an honest guy so I don't expect to get an honest answer..How many people died from H1N1 under your boy Obama's watch before he even declared it a National emergency?? He's handling this crisis just fine. No democrat like you thinks he is, but he is. I love the liberal talking point that "people are dying!". Did people seriously expect absolutely NO ONE to die because of this?? Sure seems that way. That's ridiculous. NO ONE ever wants to see people die..ever, for any reason, but thousands of people die in this country every day for reasons totally unrelated to Coronavirus..amazingly we don't see the outrage over that, yet it's still people dying...Hmmm but there's no liberal agenda, is there??

I have news for you and your fellow liberals...people die..all of us do at some point. That's just a reality and FACTS. You know, something your fellow media wonks don't know anything about. They sure don't print them or cite them that's for sure.

Yeah okay ... outstanding whataboutism! Wonderful goalpost shifting, too.

Yes, people die. Even though I usually take the side of the "enemy of the people" media -- all of whom deny every day that people die -- I will cede that FACT to you.

You're not a stupid guy, guru.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 09:33:06 AM by rocky_warrior »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #2188 on: March 24, 2020, 12:22:13 AM »
Scary thing is that there is information coming out now of  cases of Corona Virus survivors who have incurred lung damage.  Some recovered victims start wheezing when walking fast/running.  It's not known if this is permanent damage as there isn't enough data on the victims but this could be a mutation.   

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2189 on: March 24, 2020, 12:27:37 AM »
Scary thing is that there is information coming out now of  cases of Corona Virus survivors who have incurred lung damage.  Some recovered victims start wheezing when walking fast/running.  It's not known if this is permanent damage as there isn't enough data on the victims but this could be a mutation.

That's not new information, fyi

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #2190 on: March 24, 2020, 02:22:44 AM »
Yeah okay...let me ask you a question..I know you're not an honest guy so I don't expect to get an honest answer..How many people died from H1N1 under your boy Obama's watch before he even declared it a National emergency?? He's handling this crisis just fine. No democrat like you thinks he is, but he is. I love the liberal talking point that "people are dying!". Did people seriously expect absolutely NO ONE to die because of this?? Sure seems that way. That's ridiculous. NO ONE ever wants to see people die..ever, for any reason, but thousands of people die in this country every day for reasons totally unrelated to Coronavirus..amazingly we don't see the outrage over that, yet it's still people dying...Hmmm but there's no liberal agenda, is there??

I have news for you and your fellow liberals...people die..all of us do at some point. That's just a reality and FACTS. You know, something your fellow media wonks don't know anything about. They sure don't print them or cite them that's for sure.
This is just insane. This is not being habdled "fine". Im not sure it could have been handled that much worse. Trump shrugged this thing off time and time again until it was to late. Our restrictions are half assed and most places people can still go out wherever. You can still party on the beach. Can still gather in megachurches in many place. These lackluster restrictions combined with many Americans just not caring and ignoring guidelines will lead to the loss of countless lives. We didnt do enough. Hospitals will be overwhelmed in the coming weeks. We are gonna sky rocket past everyone else with the most cases in the world second to maybe india when its all done. Its a gonna be a shi t show. H1n1 killed 17k here. This will kill minimum 500k. This isnt a partisan issue just about the ppl

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2191 on: March 24, 2020, 04:20:31 AM »
First of all, you aren't supposed to ingest it. People should know that. That's pretty obvious. Second of all, how about we be a bit fair here and also post an article that shows what can happen when done properly..

https://www.foxnews.com/health/florida-man-with-coronavirus-claims-malaria-drug-saved-life

Lot of claiming being made in the article.  If it is proven by facts that would be great.  But a lot of smart people don't think it will work.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #2192 on: March 24, 2020, 07:29:12 AM »
What the actual f?

@ndrew_lawrence: Tx Lt Gov Dan Patrick says grandparents would be willing to die to save the economy for their grandchildren https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1242245135129346050/video/1

Even if I take this guy the most charitable way possible, he thinks what makes America great is dependent on how well the economy is doing. Not that we take care of those who are most vulnerable.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #2194 on: March 24, 2020, 07:40:26 AM »
Oh Jeezzz.  Or this one..............

Hobby Lobby founder tells workers that God spoke to his wife and forgot to mention paid sick leave

https://twitter.com/kendallybrown/status/1241519413486129156?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1241519413486129156&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailykos.com%2Fstory%2F2020%2F3%2F23%2F1930316%2F-Hobby-Lobby-founder-tells-workers-that-God-spoke-to-his-wife-and-forgot-to-mention-paid-sick-leave

You can't make this crap up.
Looks like god suddenly loves multi billionaires and doesnt care about the workets. That couple is worth over 6 billion. Despite the bible being obviously anti rich and says they do not go to heaven these two dont seem to care. Cherry picking is fun

• All American
« Reply #2195 on: March 24, 2020, 07:57:25 AM »
Can we please tone down the politics?  The mods allow some talk in conjunction with this topic, and a couple of you decide to go all out.  It's not real helpful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2196 on: March 24, 2020, 08:07:53 AM »
Can we please tone down the politics?  The mods allow some talk in conjunction with this topic, and a couple of you decide to go all out.  It's not real helpful.

+1 I have my frustrations but the last thing this mini board needs is to become the old politics board
Maigh Eo for Sam

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2197 on: March 24, 2020, 08:25:31 AM »
COVID-19 takes the life of former St. John's player Lee Green. He was 49 and didn't appear to have any pre-existing conditions.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/23/lee-green-former-st-johns-guard-dead-from-coronavirus-at-49/

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2198 on: March 24, 2020, 08:26:38 AM »

You're right, and I'm one of the guilty parties. I'll step away. We ain't gonna solve nuttin' here.

Health, happiness and sanity to all.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #2199 on: March 24, 2020, 08:38:32 AM »

This really went off the rails lately. It's really not that hard to keep the political bickering out of this.