collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: California-making bank the old fashioned way  (Read 2002 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
California-making bank the old fashioned way
« on: June 26, 2015, 06:47:30 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06/26/all-about-money-motorists-plagued-by-sky-high-calif-traffic-ticket-fines/

Here's one way to try to pay for a bloated system. Granted, some of these people created their own problems, but this looks more like a "dragnet" to me.  Ruining people's lives over traffic tickets?  And the "space man" Can't do anything about it except give 'em a coupon?
don't...don't don't don't don't

brandx

Re: California-making bank the old fashioned way
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 07:41:19 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06/26/all-about-money-motorists-plagued-by-sky-high-calif-traffic-ticket-fines/

Here's one way to try to pay for a bloated system. Granted, some of these people created their own problems, but this looks more like a "dragnet" to me.  Ruining people's lives over traffic tickets?  And the "space man" Can't do anything about it except give 'em a coupon?

This is nothing new - it has been done and is being done all over the country. As taxes are cut, followed by spending cuts, Police Forces all over are keeping the money flowing into the coffers.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 08:00:13 PM »
This is nothing new - it has been done and is being done all over the country. As taxes are cut, followed by spending cuts, Police Forces all over are keeping the money flowing into the coffers.

Taxation without representation...

Death on call

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 03:46:55 PM »
Wait, we're complaining about people not following the law by driving with no plates, no insurance, seat belt, and missing court dates?

B.S.

I still see registration stickers on the road from 2013. Fine them all.
SS Marquette

Warriors10

• All American

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 08:15:26 PM »

Most of these people created their own problems.  It sucks, but what's the alternative?  Sure, I'd love for the state to stop tacking on all those surcharges, but the state doesn't know how to spend money, is massively in debt ($400 billion), so they're going to stick it to people. 

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 08:37:01 AM »
Wait, we're complaining about people not following the law by driving with no plates, no insurance, seat belt, and missing court dates?

B.S.

I still see registration stickers on the road from 2013. Fine them all.

I guess undocumented people get an exemption...like prosecutorial discretion.