collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marquette Men's Soccer  (Read 1066 times)

The Lens

• All American
Marquette Men's Soccer
« on: November 02, 2017, 09:57:14 AM »
I'll admit I follow it very loosely.  I do follow on twitter so I sometimes know what's going on.  It seems like the past few years have been a down slide.  I know Louis's son went pro early, is that part of the issue?  Is there talent coming in?  MU has been a great run lately in non-Men's hoops sports so it's off to see soccer sort of flailing.

Am I off on this?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Marquette Men's Soccer
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 10:05:41 AM »
Had about three guys leave early to go along with a highly rated recruit who never even made it to campus because he signed a pro contract.

The problem with college soccer is that if you're that good, you're playing professionally by the age of 16, really diluting the talent pool.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 10:47:09 AM »
Had about three guys leave early to go along with a highly rated recruit who never even made it to campus because he signed a pro contract.

The problem with college soccer is that if you're that good, you're playing professionally by the age of 16, really diluting the talent pool.

But wouldn't that dilute the talent pool of every other NCAA team?
Have some patience, FFS.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 10:56:58 AM »
But wouldn't that dilute the talent pool of every other NCAA team?

Yes and no. Unlike basketball there are definitely certain schools where you would be able to showcase yourself more just because of coverage or lack there of.

Indiana, North Carolina and Stanford you can pretty much guarantee them being top 10 even 5 each year. Funnily enough it's one Midwest school, one East coast school and one West coast school.

feedback