[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020-21 NFL Season  (Read 256980 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: 2020-21 NFL Season
« Reply #2775 on: April 30, 2021, 09:54:48 PM »
Packers 3rd round pick WR Amari Rodgers should be an interesting target for Aaron Rodgers .

Jordan Love will love throwing to him
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2776 on: April 30, 2021, 10:06:59 PM »
Sure. But the goal of early rounds is also to get starters and Jenkins should start Week 1.  Like I said, losing the 3rd upset me a bit, but having the QB of the future and a starting tackle who people talked about potentially being their pick yesterday at 20 makes it hard to be too upset.

They got the 5th back that they traded yesterday. So really they just lost a 3rd and a 6th.  And they have a bunch of 6ths anyways.

Both picks have been highly praised and regarded, which feels abnormal for the Bears

I understand what the early rounds are for. And the Bears seemingly have nailed both picks.

But they don't have the draft capital to build a deep, successful franchise.

Again, Pace is mortgaging the future to save his job. Ownership is terrible.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2777 on: April 30, 2021, 10:21:10 PM »
I understand what the early rounds are for. And the Bears seemingly have nailed both picks.

If Fields is the guy that trade will be well worth it.  That could also be a big help with the cap over the next 4-5 seasons.

I figured trading down today was much more likely than trading up again and I don't like losing the 3rd but I'm having trouble getting too upset because I love the pick itself. 

Will be interested to see how tomorrow goes before making any final judgments.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2778 on: April 30, 2021, 10:34:52 PM »

They weren’t going to do it in just this draft.  It’s really just a 3rd round pick they gave up this year, for Fields and Jenkins, that would have thought to be an impact player.   They have a full year to acquire some draft picks for next year.  Not for nothing, Pace has always done his better draft work in the later rounds. Him seemingly nailing 2 early pics is what is rare.  Wish he had a 4 and another 5, instead of a pile of 6s, but otherwise I’m not too upset by what could have been this year. 2 slam dunk picks (for now) is worth a 3rd for me

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2779 on: April 30, 2021, 10:59:04 PM »
I like those 2 picks.

But still ultimately disagree.

It is not a viable strategy for long term success to reduce draft picks. And this team isn't in "win now" mode to be able to sacrifice picks.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2780 on: April 30, 2021, 11:04:22 PM »
The history of QBs drafted in the 1st round says Love & Fields will both be busts.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2781 on: May 01, 2021, 05:07:13 AM »
Most quarterbacks are busts regardless of where they are selected.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2782 on: May 01, 2021, 07:18:39 AM »
The interesting thing about the "Pace has to win now" thing, is that for coaches/GMs who are feeling the pressure to win immediately, starting a rookie QB is usually the very last thing they want to be doing. I mean, Manning was 3-13 as a rookie. Elway, Bradshaw, could list dozens. Even Newton, as good as he was, couldn't save the Panthers as a rookie. Same with Herbert last season.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2783 on: May 01, 2021, 07:29:52 AM »
Maybe this will be the theme song when they connect together on a TD

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OnFlx2Lnr9Q
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #2784 on: May 01, 2021, 07:58:12 AM »

Rodgers ultimately will not walk away from all that money for his high school little pi$$ fit.  Not only that, read last night he’ll have to pay back Packers $11.5m if he retires and another $11.5m in ‘22 if he stays retired. 

So he can huff and puff like the diva he is and play his little games through media leaks, but he’ll cave with all those millions on the line. It is all about the money for him too. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #2785 on: May 01, 2021, 08:04:01 AM »
Packers 3rd round pick WR Amari Rodgers should be an interesting target for Aaron Rodgers .

Love the pick.  Wish he were a little taller, but about time they invested higher draft choice on a receiver.  Group after Adams is so pedestrian.  When unreliable Valdes-Scantling is your 2nd best guy, that’s an issue.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2786 on: May 01, 2021, 08:08:21 AM »
My personal draft philosophy is get as many second, third, and first half of round four picks as you can.

Obviously you need other teams willing to trade with you to do that, but the more lotto tickets from picks 33-110 you can get, the more likely you’ll hit on finding star players and starters.

I certainly hope that both Jenkins and Fields are great, and both fill big needs. I just have major concerns about this roster still for ‘21 and beyond.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2787 on: May 01, 2021, 08:28:14 AM »
My personal draft philosophy is get as many second, third, and first half of round four picks as you can.

Obviously you need other teams willing to trade with you to do that, but the more lotto tickets from picks 33-110 you can get, the more likely you’ll hit on finding star players and starters.

I certainly hope that both Jenkins and Fields are great, and both fill big needs. I just have major concerns about this roster still for ‘21 and beyond.

Pace really isn't a third round guy.  Only Monty wasn't a bust.

In fact, Pace is best on Draft Day 3 which pretty much explains the Bears' issues.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bearswire.usatoday.com/lists/bears-draft-picks-ryan-pace-era/amp/

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2788 on: May 01, 2021, 08:41:39 AM »
The interesting thing about the "Pace has to win now" thing, is that for coaches/GMs who are feeling the pressure to win immediately, starting a rookie QB is usually the very last thing they want to be doing. I mean, Manning was 3-13 as a rookie. Elway, Bradshaw, could list dozens. Even Newton, as good as he was, couldn't save the Panthers as a rookie. Same with Herbert last season.

During the absurd end-of-season press conference multiple questions were asked about the contract statuses of Nagy and Pace. In bizarre fashion no one would provide any details. Some wondered if extensions were given and not announced so maybe these guys aren’t on the proverbial hot seat that most think they are. It’s the McCaskeys, after all.

I fully agree that trading up is not a viable long-term strategy. More picks and more inexpensive young talent is needed. It would be nice to go into a draft with a full allotment of picks. But if they were able to obtain a franchise QB and a 10-year starter at RT the past couple of days I’ll take it. Sure, it’s a big “if” but to get who many rated as the #2 QB and #3-4 OT at 11 and 39 is solid.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #2789 on: May 01, 2021, 09:23:26 AM »

This has been Rick Spielman's MO forever. And as a Vikings fan I can attest that it is a proven approach to success.........as long as success is defined as having the second day of the draft be your most exciting day of the NFL year.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2790 on: May 01, 2021, 09:24:36 AM »

I don’t expect Field’s to start right away.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2791 on: May 01, 2021, 10:26:03 AM »
Most quarterbacks are busts regardless of where they are selected.

Yes, they are. But the bust rate for QBs is higher in the 1st round than any other position.

Of course part of the reason is that the position is so important that teams overreach and take guys who have no business going that early.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2792 on: May 01, 2021, 01:45:27 PM »
So Rodgers wants Gutey fired or he’s done in GB? Bring on the Love era then.

Plus, if the Packers fire Gutey, Rodgers would be petty enough to want out if Murphy sent him the wrong color toaster for his wedding.

A part of me still feels this is for contract leverage, but some of the more reliable names are going with it.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2793 on: May 01, 2021, 03:04:06 PM »
Hoping Stone Forsythe falls into the Bears laps in round 6.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2794 on: May 01, 2021, 03:10:00 PM »
Hoping Stone Forsythe falls into the Bears laps in round 6.

I figure they look elsewhere after taking Borom in the 5th

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2795 on: May 01, 2021, 03:30:13 PM »
So Rodgers wants Gutey fired or he’s done in GB? Bring on the Love era then.

Plus, if the Packers fire Gutey, Rodgers would be petty enough to want out if Murphy sent him the wrong color toaster for his wedding.

A part of me still feels this is for contract leverage, but some of the more reliable names are going with it.

Where did Rodgers say that?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2796 on: May 01, 2021, 04:41:02 PM »
Where did Rodgers say that?

He hasn’t, but some reports out there. Obviously there’s a riff. The Gutey stuff may not be true.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
Ludum habemus.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2798 on: May 01, 2021, 05:08:39 PM »
He hasn’t, but some reports out there. Obviously there’s a riff. The Gutey stuff may not be true.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Yeah. As I stated a couple days ago, it was always a Gutey issue. And it is all about respect regarding his contract. His salary is loser to Goff, Wentz, Cousins, Tannyhill, than it is to the top guys. Any good GM would have already dealt with this. It is about respect more than money.

I think any MVP caliber QB would be unhappy.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2799 on: May 01, 2021, 05:24:10 PM »
Yeah. As I stated a couple days ago, it was always a Gutey issue. And it is all about respect regarding his contract. His salary is loser to Goff, Wentz, Cousins, Tannyhill, than it is to the top guys. Any good GM would have already dealt with this. It is about respect more than money.

I think any MVP caliber QB would be unhappy.

When he signed his contract it was above all of the guys you listed and only Goff gets as much.  The QBs currently ahead of him are Mahomes, Prescott, Watson and Wilson.  Mahomes, Watson and Prescott signed deals after Rodgers.

If he wants to be mad because they drafted a qb without getting his approval, fine, be mad.  But if he thinks the fans will rally around him like they did Favre in the summer of 2008, he’s wrong.  The backlash against him is far stronger than it ever was for Bert until he went to Minnesota.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.