collapse

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by MUDPT
[May 04, 2024, 10:05:13 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[May 04, 2024, 09:36:37 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Nukem2
[May 04, 2024, 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Shots fired on Michigan State Campus  (Read 5309 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Shots fired on Michigan State Campus
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2023, 04:27:09 PM »
Ridiculousness demands ridiculousness

You've got your schtick down perfect.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2023, 04:28:00 PM »
Here you go Muggsy, some more victims of freedom.  Chicago homicide victims from guns.  Statistics to most and a great political talking point for people who say there are no solutions and what about Chicago?  Now that you know the victims of what about Chicago, hope that helps

https://graphics.suntimes.com/homicides/

It's not a talking point.  Not a single thread here about gun violence and "solutions" has ever been started after a weekend of horrific killings in any of our major cities. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2023, 04:29:34 PM »
Again, it sounds like most of you want a blanket gun ban, go batcrap crazy over a school shooting, but couldn't give a flying f about gun deaths by handguns in our major cities that happen every weekend.  And you have zero solutions as well.

You've had I believe everyone in this thread state that they are not for a blanket gun ban. They do go batcrap crazy over a school shooting because that is a rational response to someone murdering children or college students. No one has said they don't give an f about gun death by handguns in our major cities that happen every weekend. They have also offered multiple solutions. None of them are cure alls but all of them would be positive steps in the right direction that have the potential to save thousands of lives.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2023, 04:30:08 PM »
It's not a talking point.  Not a single thread here about gun violence and "solutions" has ever been started after a weekend of horrific killings in any of our major cities.
You are the starter of probably the majority of threads here. Maybe take it upon yourself to start the conversation.  Of course, you don’t have a real interest in having that conversation so I won’t hold my breath.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2023, 04:30:47 PM »

Actually, that’s incorrect.  They have been started
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2023, 04:33:34 PM »
Again, it sounds like most of you want a blanket gun ban, go batcrap crazy over a school shooting, but couldn't give a flying f about gun deaths by handguns in our major cities that happen every weekend.  And you have zero solutions as well.

I support school shootings. A perfect example of using guns for the purpose they were manufactured for.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2023, 04:34:24 PM »
I support school shootings. A perfect example of using guns for the purpose they were manufactured for.

Factually correct.  Guns were made to kill

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2023, 04:34:49 PM »

This is a ludicrous statement. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2023, 04:35:10 PM »
You've had I believe everyone in this thread state that they are not for a blanket gun ban. They do go batcrap crazy over a school shooting because that is a rational response to someone murdering children or college students. No one has said they don't give an f about gun death by handguns in our major cities that happen every weekend. They have also offered multiple solutions. None of them are cure alls but all of them would be positive steps in the right direction that have the potential to save thousands of lives.

Right. If Democrats win every election we wouldn't have any gun problems.  That's essentially their "solutions".  There is no mention whatsoever of what laws we specifically have right now that could have prevented the vast majority of these terrible tragedies.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2023, 04:37:20 PM »
Right. If Democrats win every election we wouldn't have any gun problems.  That's essentially their "solutions".  There is no mention whatsoever of what laws we specifically have right now that could have prevented the vast majority of these terrible tragedies.

Another ludicrous post.  At least you're consistent. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2023, 04:41:07 PM »

I’ve offered solutions.  They include:

1. Doors
2. Arming fetuses so they understand the feel of the gun when they enter the world
3. Doors with guns
4. Teachers with guns
5. Locking up people with mental health issues and throwing away the key

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2023, 04:49:57 PM »

The fact that you actually believe this is mind-boggling. 

I asked Rocket Surgeon the question earlier and I'm not holding my breath for a response....why does this level of gun violence only happen at this level in America compared to other developed countries? 

There have been a variety of proposed actions throughout this thread so it seems like you're simply not paying attention, including regarding background checks, red flag laws, insurance, training, mental health help, and more. 

In regards to violence in our cities, of course that is a problem.  Poverty, drugs, gangs, lack of opportunity, and yes, guns, are part of the problem.  All of these issues and more need to be addressed.

Additionally, no one is realistically claiming that gun violence is going to disappear.  That's ridiculous.  The goal should be to continue to make improvements to save lives, and that includes lives lost on the west or south sides of Chicago or on Michigan State's campus or the next high school, junior high, elementary school, church, movie theater, parade, concert, etc. that this is inevitable going to happen at again sooner than later. 

There is no perfect solution but that shouldn't stop progress. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2023, 05:06:53 PM »
Analogizing gang violence to innocent victims of a mass shooter is interesting
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 05:08:57 PM by jesmu84 »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2023, 05:11:35 PM »

Honestly most of inner city violence now isn't even gang related (at least in Chicago) it's jerks making impulsive decisions to settle personal grievances. Usually they buy the gun from a gang but that doesn't mean they're directly involved or if they are it's a gang related shooting
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 05:31:14 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2023, 05:29:39 PM »

Was that related to me or Muggsy?  I mentioned gangs as one piece of the issue but that's certainly not what I was doing. 

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2023, 05:52:07 PM »
What no one has mentioned and what I believe may be the single biggest problem is that the way that we (society) raises boys and young men.

We've had drives in this country for 'rights' for just about everyone. And I have supported Civil Rights, Women's Rights, Gay Rights, Transgender Rights, Black Lives Matter, #MeToo, etc., etc.

But the one group that was never talked about is anything relating to white males. Of course, throughout most of the existence of the United States, worrying about the rights of males - specifically white males - was unnecessary. They owned all power, all money, and all rights.

But society has changed, jobs that can support a family have been intentionally sent overseas (a way to bust unions), and middle and lower class males don't have the $$$ necessary to get a college education. Men are looked down on by many (and Libs may be the worst) if they work blue collar jobs. They were ignored when jobs were lost and were left to fend for themselves. They were told that it was the "others" that caused their pain.

Add into the mix a Social Media that alienates men even more and the ingredients are there for them to act out.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2023, 05:56:47 PM »
Mental illness in the MSU shooting.

Jockey isn't wrong, but it isn't applicable in this case.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2023, 06:12:00 PM »
There aren't school shootings in Israel.  I'm guessing people don't want to follow their model though. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2023, 06:28:33 PM »
What no one has mentioned and what I believe may be the single biggest problem is that the way that we (society) raises boys and young men.

We've had drives in this country for 'rights' for just about everyone. And I have supported Civil Rights, Women's Rights, Gay Rights, Transgender Rights, Black Lives Matter, #MeToo, etc., etc.

But the one group that was never talked about is anything relating to white males. Of course, throughout most of the existence of the United States, worrying about the rights of males - specifically white males - was unnecessary. They owned all power, all money, and all rights.

But society has changed, jobs that can support a family have been intentionally sent overseas (a way to bust unions), and middle and lower class males don't have the $$$ necessary to get a college education. Men are looked down on by many (and Libs may be the worst) if they work blue collar jobs. They were ignored when jobs were lost and were left to fend for themselves. They were told that it was the "others" that caused their pain.

Add into the mix a Social Media that alienates men even more and the ingredients are there for them to act out.

Add to that mix the same people that look down on the blue collar jobs, also blaming them for any number of ills of society and the US’s sordid history.  Again not a boohoo oppressed white men, but telling a broke and poorly educated white man that he is the problem with America or that he’s profited off of (insert minority group) for too long in a blanket statement lacking nuance, and boom you have grievances and misunderstandings that need to be acted upon. 

Giving that dude a gun, or raising him in a culture that revolves around guns (even if not a guns solve problems bang bang culture) and it’s a mess.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2023, 06:59:11 PM »
There aren't school shootings in Israel.  I'm guessing people don't want to follow their model though.

Please explain

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2023, 07:05:32 PM »
Add to that mix the same people that look down on the blue collar jobs, also blaming them for any number of ills of society and the US’s sordid history.  Again not a boohoo oppressed white men, but telling a broke and poorly educated white man that he is the problem with America or that he’s profited off of (insert minority group) for too long in a blanket statement lacking nuance, and boom you have grievances and misunderstandings that need to be acted upon. 

Giving that dude a gun, or raising him in a culture that revolves around guns (even if not a guns solve problems bang bang culture) and it’s a mess.

Thanks for expounding on what I said. Sadly, Libs are the biggest offenders when it comes to stigmatizing poorly educated young men.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2023, 07:33:28 PM »
Please explain

Mandatory military service.

You wouldn't have made it.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2023, 07:35:40 PM »
Mandatory military service.

You wouldn't have made it.

Mandatory military service prevents school shootings?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2023, 07:36:26 PM »
Ziggy

I think the please explain post confirmed your point. Sadly, that me be the majority of the posters. I’d go to battle with Muggsy.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2023, 07:39:31 PM »
Ziggy

I think the please explain post confirmed your point. Sadly, that me be the majority of the posters. I’d go to battle with Muggsy.

Goose, can you explain why Israel doesn't have school shootings? What methods have the used to such success?