[Today at 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[Today at 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[Today at 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[Today at 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What is happening to society???  (Read 5910 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: What is happening to society???
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2009, 09:58:23 PM »
Amen.

Let's remember, this board is read by parents, family members, recruits etc.  Regardless of whether anyone claimed to know anything or not, the speculative crap is just as bad.  

Think about it for a second....

Jeronne is a kid from the most powerful high school basketball program in the state, the only one that turns out high major players every year.  You want to alienate that program because you bashed one of their own?

Jeronne is a kid who's best friend is the crown jewel of next year's class, and despite what his mom has said, nothing is ever final until the recruit shows up on campus.  Do you want to take the chance of angering VB and company to the point where they feel like they did during the UW fiasco and decide MU isn't the place for them?

Jeronne's aunt just happens to be the legal guardian of Junior Lomomba, another Memorial product that MU has been recruiting very hard.  Do you really want to alienate that family and virtually guarantee no shot at continuing the Memorial pipeline with another Top 100 kid in 2012?

I'm all for freedom of speech, but at some point on a fan forum people have to realize that the needs of the program should outweigh their right to say whatever the heck they feel like saying.

No good comes from posts like we've seen over the last 12+ hours.

I agree that wild speculation isn't appropriate.  But I don't blame anyone for voicing their displeasure with this entire situation.  I don't care who reads this...this isn't just some seashells and balloons fan page.

(Like the reference???)

slingkong

• Team Captain
Re: What is happening to society???
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2009, 01:01:00 AM »
lets be clear, 20+ 18+ individuals are NOT kids and are held responsible for their actions, or at least should be.

Fixed.  I was always told that if I want to be treated as an adult, then I have to act like an adult.  I'm fully an adult age-wise - and nearing adulthood emotionally - and I definitely believe this to be true.