[Today at 06:37:26 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: A little disappointed...  (Read 2009 times)

MUCam

• All American
A little disappointed...
« on: November 05, 2007, 06:52:21 AM »
A little disappointed to see Patrick Hazel and Trend Blackledge combine for only 15 minutes, of which most were in the last five minutes of the game.

I would tend to think that if Crean had any significant plans for them this year, they would have seen a little more PT in our first official exhibition game, regardless of what kind of guard combinations he was experimenting with. We are going to need all the help we can get down low, for all the obvious reasons. If those two are not ready to go, it leaves us with Barro, Burke, and Hayward to fill the 4 and 5 spots. I guess Fitzgerald can play the four also, though I don't have much faith in him to get down low and bang during some of our more physical games.

Murffieus

• All American
Re: A little disappointed...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 07:47:04 AM »
I thought that Blackledge is the most improved player on the team----also the quickest and most athletic----too bad he doesn't have another year. Has great upside potential !

Had two excellent finishes----off baseline drives!

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 07:52:43 AM »
A little disappointed to see Patrick Hazel and Trend Blackledge combine for only 15 minutes, of which most were in the last five minutes of the game.

I would tend to think that if Crean had any significant plans for them this year, they would have seen a little more PT in our first official exhibition game, regardless of what kind of guard combinations he was experimenting with. We are going to need all the help we can get down low, for all the obvious reasons. If those two are not ready to go, it leaves us with Barro, Burke, and Hayward to fill the 4 and 5 spots. I guess Fitzgerald can play the four also, though I don't have much faith in him to get down low and bang during some of our more physical games.

I'm not sure we should expect much if anything from Hazel this year.....Even with Mbakwe out for the year, MU basically returns its entire frontline from last season.  These guys will take the minutes that Lott and Kinsella commanded last season -- which in the case of Lott was not much as Lazar emerged.  Still, I'd expect to see Blackledge emerge as a fairly effective role player in his 10-15 minutes per game -- Hazel? Think Burke minutes when Dwight was a frosh

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 08:13:40 AM »
dont disagree with NY but i would revise the blackledge role player to 5-7 minutes a game tops without foul issues in a competititve game

Phi Iota Gamma 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 08:36:18 AM »
I thought that Blackledge is the most improved player on the team----also the quickest and most athletic----

I'll give you quickest and most athletic ....... but did you see Lazar play, definitely most improved followed by Wes
There is nothing less productive than doing more efficiently that which should not be done at all-Peter Drucker

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 09:15:50 AM »
I thought that Blackledge is the most improved player on the team----also the quickest and most athletic----too bad he doesn't have another year. Has great upside potential !

That putback dunk he put in proves these two points!  He came out of nowhere! 

Crean did say Trend had the best dunk he had ever seen in college play (prior to Trend's days at Marquette).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 09:19:22 AM by TallTitan34 »