'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Aaric Murray arrested  (Read 12232 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: Aaric Murray arrested
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 10:25:29 PM »
Pretty sure Aaric's parents were firin' up some doobs when they decided on a spelling for his name.

Not sure, but I'm pretty positive this guy's parents did.
SS Marquette

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2011, 10:34:30 PM »
I guess I'm out of touch a bit.  What did Artie Green, the Anti-Gravity man, ex-Cowboy D-back do to get some hard time?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2011, 10:39:45 PM »
From the article:
Bob Huggins released the following statement. It reads in full: “I’ve been alerted about the situation and the matter will be handled internally.”

So, they're splitting the weed among the rest of the players?  ;D

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2011, 09:19:34 AM »
Maybe I'm not understanding you ....

I think you're saying if a player has some weed, that is what kids do and it should be covered up.  If so, that is wrong.

I'm saying if you smoke weed and get caught, you get punished.  No not the death penalty but punished appropriate with the crime.  Even if that means an arrest.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2011, 09:35:48 AM »
Sounds like an ideal player for Huggins but not for Buzz
Not if you take their nicknames into account. Huggy vs Buzz

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2011, 10:00:28 AM »
Glad this bullet was dodged...

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/33991655

Sounds like an ideal player for Huggins but not for Buzz
Maybe I'm not understanding you ....

I think you're saying if a player has some weed, that is what kids do and it should be covered up.  If so, that is wrong.

I'm saying if you smoke weed and get caught, you get punished.  No not the death penalty but punished appropriate with the crime.  Even if that means an arrest.
See quotes above. I think the player should be punished but to say he isn't a Buzz player cause he got caught with weed? "we dodged a bullet" That's BS. All we know is he got caught with weed. We don't know anything about his work ethic, loyalty, or other aspects of a human I care more about.

Yeah, he should be suspended but I honestly wouldn't change my opinion of him as a person. Young people make mistakes and deal with the consequences. I never smoked weed in my life, but I won't judge him if that's the only time he got caught. If I was the coach, I would say you screwed up, make him apologize, suspend him for an appropriate amount of time, and (as long as he doesn't get in trouble again) take him back without ever caring about it again.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2011, 10:20:37 AM »
Buzz likes to talk about "high character" guys so it is assumed he would see a guy like Murray would be a problem and pass on him.

Huggins doesn't seem to care about a players character so he has had many guys that run afoul of the law both at Cincy and WVU (I cannot remember if the same was true at KSU).  In fact, Huggins himself has run afoul of the law.

That is why Huggins is being criticized because of his own character and history of players with arrest records.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2011, 10:39:58 AM »
Speakin' of characters, good game tonight with Baylor vs UWV.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2011, 10:40:48 AM »
Buzz likes to talk about "high character" guys so it is assumed he would see a guy like Murray would be a problem and pass on him.

Huggins doesn't seem to care about a players character so he has had many guys that run afoul of the law both at Cincy and WVU (I cannot remember if the same was true at KSU).  In fact, Huggins himself has run afoul of the law.

That is why Huggins is being criticized because of his own character and history of players with arrest records.
High character guys make mistakes. See half our roster. He also recruited Maymon so I take his "high character" quote with a grain of salt. I think Buzz sees the player he thinks he can make out of the young men. Nothing wrong with that but this board takes Buzz's word like gospel when really he is trying to assemble a high-caliber team.

Again, we are basing a guys character based on one known instance of bad judgment.  Did Buzz really pass on Murray or did we "pull out" when we were out of the running? I still think if Murray said in April he would sign a NLI to MU, Buzz would've taken in a second.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2011, 11:03:01 AM »
There's a difference between condoning and accepting the behavior, but you have to be realistic and understanding. If a player busts his ass, is a good teammate, and overall a good person, I'm not going to throw him under the bus for getting caught with weed. No buddies perfect. Yes, there will be punishments, but these are young adults under a microscope.

I graduated already, but I'm pretty sure I would get a suspension for violating team rules for my actions before, during and after the Nort Col game.  :) Does that make me a bad person who shams Marquette University. No, I save that for those who commit serious crimes.

Smokin "something" as he typed this?

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2011, 11:06:20 AM »
High character guys make mistakes. See half our roster. He also recruited Maymon so I take his "high character" quote with a grain of salt. I think Buzz sees the player he thinks he can make out of the young men. Nothing wrong with that but this board takes Buzz's word like gospel when really he is trying to assemble a high-caliber team.

Again, we are basing a guys character based on one known instance of bad judgment.  Did Buzz really pass on Murray or did we "pull out" when we were out of the running? I still think if Murray said in April he would sign a NLI to MU, Buzz would've taken in a second.

Maymon's problem was(is) his father.  From all indications he is a good kid.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2011, 12:00:29 PM »
Maymon's problem was(is) his father.  From all indications he is a good kid.

+1  I don't know him personally but everything I have read says J-May is a good kid and his dad is overbearing.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2011, 04:28:10 PM »
Pretty sure Aaric's parents were firin' up some doobs when they decided on a spelling for his name.

Awesome!!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2011, 04:34:30 PM »
It great to see that Huggins' coaching has had an immediate impact on this guy.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if a guy later caught with narcotics not pot, didn't have a little trouble when Buzz talked to him about the expectations he'd have coming to MU.  No I don't think that I'm being "a homer" in saying this.  I think that walking the straight and narrow is a part of the Buzz sell, even with the problems that popped up last year.  Rare is the college kid ever think that getting some sexual gratification is going to lead to consequences.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

feedback