Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Aaron Bowen  (Read 5766 times)

strobl2

• Starter
Aaron Bowen
« on: March 24, 2010, 01:58:09 PM »
I don't know if this has already been posted on here, but as I was looking through the Rivals Top 150 I saw that Aaron Bowen is now commited to Georgetown.

Thought that was kind of interesting, and I wonder how he will pan out as a player.

Nukem2

• All American
Re: Aaron Bowen
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 02:03:24 PM »
Old news.  He committed to G-Town 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 02:05:39 PM »
I don't know if this has already been posted on here, but as I was looking through the Rivals Top 150 I saw that Aaron Bowen is now commited to Georgetown.

Thought that was kind of interesting, and I wonder how he will pan out as a player.

Why did he de-commit again?  I thought he wasn't perceived to be a BE caliber player?  OR, am I mixing him up with Roseboro?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 02:07:39 PM »
Dale Layer left Marquette so Bowen re-opened his recruitment.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 02:11:05 PM »
ESPN doesn't have Aaron anywhere near their top 150.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 02:22:19 PM »
Dale Layer left Marquette so Bowen re-opened his recruitment.

And at about the same time Jamail Jones committed to MU, so it was speculated that Bowen thought he would lose the battle for minutes to Jones.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 02:53:57 PM »
It was more than Layer leaving and playing time concerns that caused Bowen to decommit.  He got things figured out and has a good opportunity at Georgetown. I doubt he plays much (if at all) next year, as he needs to develop and get stronger...but he should be able to contribute eventually.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 03:11:43 PM »
It was more than Layer leaving and playing time concerns that caused Bowen to decommit.  He got things figured out and has a good opportunity at Georgetown. I doubt he plays much (if at all) next year, as he needs to develop and get stronger...but he should be able to contribute eventually.

What else was there?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 03:34:18 PM »
Talking to a Gtown buddy, he thinks if he was good enough to be an MU commit then he should be a good enough guard to play for Gtown.
SS Marquette

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 04:03:01 PM »
Speaking of recruits, I know this is a few years away, but what are the chances of landing JP Tokoto. I saw a video(s) of him, his years ranking (10th!), and other interest in schools (UW, KU, Duke). Young guy at 6'6", this would be great if Buzz can get the hometown kid. Rosiak said he was at the dinner when they announced the bracket, hopefully those litttle things can help.

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 04:25:01 PM »
Tokoto will commit to UNC this summer.....SCLPL....

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 04:30:44 PM »
Talking to a Gtown buddy, he thinks if he was good enough to be an MU commit then he should be a good enough guard to play for Gtown.

And anyone good enough to play guard at Georgetown should be good enough to play Center at Marquette.  ::)

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 06:24:00 PM »
Tokoto will commit to UNC this summer.....SCLPL....

Considering that Roy Williams has been to more Menomonee Falls games than any other D1 coach, I'd say Tokoto is headed to UNC.

CanadianGyroEater

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 07:02:01 PM »
Tokoto is already a Tarheel. Done Deal. Upsize my meal. Like a pig he did squeal. Five spokes make a wheel. Free throws a la Robinson Rumeal. The carillpon bell did peal. The color is not teal.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 07:13:55 PM »
Do you have a link anywhere to the music that goes along with that rap?

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 07:26:12 PM »
What else was there?

I wonder too.

Seems like a lot of our de-commits or almost-commits need to "figure things out".

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 01:13:58 PM »
Tokoto is already a Tarheel. Done Deal. Upsize my meal. Like a pig he did squeal. Five spokes make a wheel. Free throws a la Robinson Rumeal. The carillpon bell did peal. The color is not teal.
^^^THIS GUY EVERYONE!

Anyhow, I thought UNC didn't offer scholarships until a player's junior year of high school. According to that, how could Tokoto be going to UNC without an offer yet?

Not that I'd be surprised to see him there in 2 years. I'm just saying
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

6746jonesr

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 01:45:23 PM »
The speculation regarding Tokota is interesting.  If he is ready to commit to North Carolina this summer, why did he and his family show up to the annex with the basketball team to see where MU would be seeded for March Madness?  Don't take this to mean that I believe MU has reeled him in.  I believe that he will take his time and wait until after the summer of his junior year to make a decision.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 02:06:41 PM »
The speculation is typical for those who blindlessly accept that we have no chance against scholls like UNC or kansas. While that might apply to out of state High recruits, it should not apply to in state kids.

But it seems to linger that it is a done deal. If that were so, why has he not already committed?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 02:08:17 PM »
Has he even been offered by UNC yet?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 02:10:27 PM »
Wasn't Jamil Willson going to Duke during his sophomore year of High School?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 02:12:27 PM »
Quite the influx of "Canadian" posters this past week.  Must be coming down south for the weather

bma725

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 02:15:22 PM »
Has he even been offered by UNC yet?

UNC doesn't offer kids until they have completed their sophomore year of high school, because Roy Williams follows the NABC guidelines.  So he doesn't have one yet, but he will in a few months.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 02:18:47 PM »
Wasn't Jamil Willson going to Duke during his sophomore year of High School?

Coach K didn't come close to recruiting Wilson like Williams is recruiting Tokoto.  As bma states, UNC will not offer until he completes his sophomore year, but it seems pretty obvious that such an offer will be made.  Whether or not Tokoto accepts, or if he fades to where UNC backs away, we don't know.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 04:20:34 PM »
I believe I've seen that the key date is June 15th. I think it is understood that he will get his scholarship offer on that day which I think is the first day that he could by the NABC guidelines.