[Today at 05:11:05 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by brewcity77
[May 03, 2024, 08:27:54 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Indiana almost gets beat by D-II Chaminade  (Read 3578 times)

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
Indiana almost gets beat by D-II Chaminade
« on: November 26, 2008, 08:37:32 PM »
I can't wait to see them at the bottom of the big ten; Karma's a Bi*ch Tommy!

reinko

• All American
Re: Indiana almost gets beat by D-II Chaminade
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 08:39:32 PM »
Chaminade had a shot to win it at the buzzer too

wheresthecake?

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 08:46:16 PM »
Karma's a Bi*ch Tommy!
So is Kelvin Sampson.  I dislike the tan man as much as the next guy, but I'm pretty sure he knew what he was getting into when he took the job.  I do enjoy Indiana's struggles, however. 

What ticks me off is that TC has covered his tracks from the very beginning.  He has continuously stated over and over what an uphill climb he has to get Indiana back to where it once was, but you know what?  WE ALREADY KNOW THAT.  IMO he's just making excuses to keep himself off the hotseat, good coaches would take responsibility for their team no matter what and attempt to instill hope into the players and the fans.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 09:41:45 PM »
I can't wait to see them at the bottom of the big ten; Karma's a Bi*ch Tommy!

Tommy will be fine as he is happy beneficiary of low expectations.

You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 10:01:02 PM »
Tommy will be fine as he is happy beneficiary of low expectations.

Low Expectations?  Maybe this year, but after that, Indiana basketball fans have some of the highest expectations to be good every year.  They rank up there with Kentucky, UCLA, Duke, UNC... teams that are suppose to be at the top every year.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

GO_MU02

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 10:02:48 PM »
IU was only an 8 pt favorite.  This was the 2nd time this week that I've won by betting against them.     ;D

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 10:07:40 PM »
So, a new 7th place Maui Invitational banner will soon be unfurled at Assembly Hall?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mviale

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 10:59:22 PM »
Low Expectations?  Maybe this year, but after that, Indiana basketball fans have some of the highest expectations to be good every year.  They rank up there with Kentucky, UCLA, Duke, UNC... teams that are suppose to be at the top every year.

Yes, they will give tommy room until his 3rd year.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 11:23:08 PM »
So, a new 7th place Maui Invitational banner will soon be unfurled at Assembly Hall?

I feel you dog

Actually my friends and I have been planning this banner since April.  I would love to send one to IU.  Joanie may think it would make a great table cloth...she is Betsy to TC's Don Draper.

FYI...I'm Turners on the otherside, so you don't think I'm stealing others' great ideas.

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=415&f=2850&t=3469728&stm=43158646

Oh wait...am I allowed to link to another board...I always forget, which one can I do that on?  I know one board you can and one board you can't...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 11:27:46 PM by DamonKeysContactLens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 12:47:03 AM »

I disagree as an alum.  He has a LLLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGG leash at IU.  Very long.  They expect single digit wins this year, they expect probably 10 or 11 wins next year, .500 in year three.

He has a long leash.....and a long contract.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 07:57:40 AM »
I disagree as an alum.  He has a LLLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGG leash at IU.  Very long.  They expect single digit wins this year, they expect probably 10 or 11 wins next year, .500 in year three.

He has a long leash.....and a long contract.

So does Charlie Weis but that doesn't seem like it will deter alums from paying the chump buyout change.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

nola03

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 09:13:09 AM »
Considering MU's struggle against Chaminade last season, this could simply be a bogey school for Crean.  ;)

In all seriousness though, it's probably due to the fact that his top 7 players are all first year kids playing their third game in three days.

Pardner

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 10:38:48 AM »
Considering MU's struggle against Chaminade last season, this could simply be a bogey school for Crean.  ;)

In all seriousness though, it's probably due to the fact that his top 7 players are all first year kids playing their third game in three days.

I wouldn't be so quick to claim a moral victory.  Chaminade lost their five starters and top six scorers from last year.  This was a battle of walk-ons.  I think Pritchard is the only one who will see a starting line-up next year.  If TC wins north of eight games, he will have over achieved.  NU, after a horrible exhibition loss, seems to be coming together--taking Butler deep into last night's game in Indy.  So, even a B11 win would be an achievement.  Patience will be needed

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 10:26:24 AM »

So does Charlie Weis but that doesn't seem like it will deter alums from paying the chump buyout change.

weis has been there long enough to have all his own recruits and just lost to the worst program in college a year after losing to navy. 
Yes, if 4 years from now indiana is at the bottom of the big ten he will get fired as he should.  But i'm guessing that won't happen, despite being a  terrible game coach, horrible person no one wants to be around and horrendous recruiter, Indiana will be competing for the big 11 title in 3 years.