[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:22:34 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 03, 2024, 01:20:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wilson drops MU from list  (Read 9282 times)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: Wilson drops MU from list
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2008, 10:03:05 AM »
ATWiz---Why would you take pleasure in possibly losing a top recruit? I will believe Wilson goes elsewhere when he goes elsewhere. Playing close to home means something to him.

I know understand why MU ball is eld to the standard that is by some fans. The unprofessional manner hire was conducted and "fans" happy we lose a recruit. Sad reflection on the proram in my opinion.

Back in the day---everday true fan knew who the recruits were and were disappointed when they got away.

Weak post.

You got called out.

Instead of saying you were wrong about Wilson, you make it seem like that anybody who doesn't agree with you isn't a good fan.

Weak.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2008, 10:08:03 AM »
GYM, maybe you're a teacher at Horlick and you've seen a great side of Jamil.  Who knows?  But a few respected, successful HS coaches who I have talked to say they would take Maymon every day of the week and that Jamil never plays to his ability.  They have serious reservations about him.  Now if EW & JM weren't in the fold, sure I would role the dice but we have 2 BETTER players are essentially the same position. 

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2008, 10:08:22 AM »

But I think what we heard all along is consistent with what Wilson said:  Marquette said they weren't recruiting him, and then they were recruiting him again.  The only additional information that Wilson put out there in this article is that the approach turned him off.  I don't think this is an issue of giving Buzz the benefit of the doubt, because I don't think Wilson is saying anything different than what we all heard.

Take it for what it's worth, but there are conflicting accounts out there as to whether Marquette ever actually resumed recruiting Wilson after telling him he was out of their plans.
So perhaps we don't know what we think we know.

THEGYMBAR

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2008, 10:26:43 AM »
2002MUalum---I will say I was wrong when I am wrong. Not afraid to admit that. I am disappointed that fans would be happy not getting a recruit. You can never have too many kids that can play. I believe there is large number of fans that do not have the bar set where I would like to set. Those are the fans that say we do not Jamil Wilson. We need 12 Jamil Wilson's to compete in BE.
I love Maymon and was all over us getting him in the spring. I had plenty of posters telling me back then we should not want Maymon.
We Maymon, Wilson and EVERY OTHER STUD. If they do not come we should be disappointed.

I think this story has a lot of life left in it. When he signs somewhee else he is not going to MU. Until then the story can change 100 times.

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2008, 10:27:53 AM »

But I think what we heard all along is consistent with what Wilson said:  Marquette said they weren't recruiting him, and then they were recruiting him again.  The only additional information that Wilson put out there in this article is that the approach turned him off.  I don't think this is an issue of giving Buzz the benefit of the doubt, because I don't think Wilson is saying anything different than what we all heard.
The thing is that Buzz can't speak to this because it would be an NCAA violation to talk about Wilson before he signs.  Therefore Wilson is free to say whatever he wants and Buzz can't be directly quoted as to what he thinks happened. To be clear, I'm not saying Wilson is lying, just that it's unfortunate Buzz can't really add clarity due to the circumstances,

Kramerica

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2008, 11:04:51 AM »
So, if we're not getting Wilson, is there any info on any other recruits we still might sign?  Preferably a sweet shooting 2-guard?

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2008, 11:26:50 AM »
I thought that schools continually do that: recruit hard, then cool only to recruit hard again?

If Wilson doesn't like head games, I wonder how he'll do in the classroom much less the locker room!

Let's move on...there are better recruits awaiting the MU phone calls!
SS Marquette

reinko

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2008, 11:28:20 AM »
I thought that schools continually do that: recruit hard, then cool only to recruit hard again?

If Wilson doesn't like head games, I wonder how he'll do in the classroom much less the locker room!

+1

I think a lot of people need to take a break from this board, everyone here is bunch of debbie downers.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2008, 11:34:55 AM »

Sounds like Tom Izzo then likes these kinds of kids.  From what I hear Korie Lucious transferred out of King to Pius because Gosz ran his program in a way that was "too military."  My guess is that what he was doing in high school was nowhere near what he is currently doing at MSU, unless Tom Izzo really does let his team run free...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2008, 01:39:45 PM »
Gymbar - I take no pleasure in seeing MU lose out on a top recruit.  I do take pleasure in seeing MU no longer waste it's time recruiting a diva who has conducted his recruiting like a prima donna.

Jamil, man up, dude.  Say what it is and be done with it.

Gymbar, I only invoked your name as you were so certain that he was coming, it seemed as though you had inside info.  So, give us the scoop, if you have it.  (The MUScoop, that is!!)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Wilson blew it.

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
  • Wish I was at the Maui Invitational
    • The Truth
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2008, 02:02:15 PM »
Also, woudl it be totally inconceivable for Wilson's father, in a power play to say MU is back in the fold in the hopes taht some other big schools may panic and offer a scholarship. There are so many unasnwered questiosn here. I said he wasnt' comign becasue there werent' any avaiable scholarships as of rigth now taht coudl be relied on. If I were a recruit that woudl worry me a bit. Ultimately as soon as Buzz had the committment from a big man he had no reason to recruit another slasher/wing player in an already solid class, sometimes there is something to variety in a class. Many of you haev complained that we will nto do well this year due to a lack of big men, had we gotten Wilson, wouldn't this class int he future have the same problem?
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2008, 02:40:18 PM »
Whatever the case is, it's unfortunate it made the papers because only one side of the story is told because MU can't comment on recruits.  That puts MU in a tough spot because they can't rebut anything stated.  Even if they could, they may choose not to.

Time to move on....just like Favre isn't the QB for the Packers any longer it's time to move on. 

Tulsa Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2008, 02:42:23 PM »
At least one side is taking the high road in this. 

RedWebster

• Starter
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2008, 02:44:56 PM »
Time to move on....just like Favre isn't the QB for the Packers any longer it's time to move on. 

How is his new team doing? I haven't been following.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2008, 02:51:38 PM »
At least one side is taking the high road in this. 

One way of looking at it, but then again if that's how Wilson believes things happened and a reporter asks a 17 year old his feelings, he'll probably blurt them out.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2008, 02:54:53 PM »
How is his new team doing? I haven't been following.

No idea, it's the AFC so I don't follow either.

strobl2

• Starter
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2008, 06:05:15 PM »
They are doing very well.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2008, 09:52:48 PM »
agreed - not sure wilson would start next year.  Good decision for himself
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

feedback