[Today at 11:12:06 AM]

[Paint Touches] Love in the time of the Portal Kombat by frozena pizza
[Today at 08:33:37 AM]

Welcome Jack Anderson! by Jay Bee
[May 02, 2024, 08:58:35 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ryder cup talk  (Read 3228 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Ryder cup talk
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2016, 03:36:19 PM »
Reed v Rory was great entertainment.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2016, 03:46:28 PM »
Brooks Koepka had an unbelievable weekend.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2016, 04:17:19 PM »
Reed/Rory was just fantastic to watch
Phil/Sergio was just as good, 19 birdies between them is just unreal

2018 team will be tough also with Fowler, Koepka, Reed, DJ, Speith, etc.  Add the two other young studs, Berger and Thomas......

Hopefully Furyk gets captain spot. 

Great viewing last three days.  Congrats USA

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2016, 04:44:20 PM »
They could show the Reed/Rory and Phil/Sergio matches on endless loops as how to play golf at the highest level.    Phenomenal.   If Phil had missed that last putt, it would mean that he would have shot 8 under and lost a Ryder Cup singles match after shooting 65 in the final round of the Open and losing.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2016, 07:55:09 PM »
Speith has yet to win a singles match in the Ryder or Presidents Cup.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2016, 08:03:37 PM »
Loved the reed-mac fist bump acknowledging each other's great putts.  Saw a side of Garcia I don't think anyone has ever seen.  He seemed like he was having fun despite the hostile atmosphere.  his humility might even get him a few more endorsements-smart.

I don't think the few a-hole fans was any different than past cups, both here and in GB.  The media just happened to focus on it more.  Let's see in 2 years how well their fans behave, that's if the media will tell ya about it...
don't...don't don't don't don't

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2016, 08:08:17 PM »
Loved the reed-mac fist bump acknowledging each other's great putts.  Saw a side of Garcia I don't think anyone has ever seen.  He seemed like he was having fun despite the hostile atmosphere.  his humility might even get him a few more endorsements-smart.

I don't think the few a-hole fans was any different than past cups, both here and in GB.  The media just happened to focus on it more.  Let's see in 2 years how well their fans behave, that's if the media will tell ya about it...

The funny thing is it's American media that's blowing it up. Over here in wonderful old England yea they mention the unruly behavior but it hasn't been made a huge deal of. None of my classmates have been upset about it either, they were laughing at the putt for $100. And we're all sports journalists.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2016, 08:13:08 PM »
The funny thing is it's American media that's blowing it up. Over here in wonderful old England yea they mention the unruly behavior but it hasn't been made a huge deal of. None of my classmates have been upset about it either, they were laughing at the putt for $100. And we're all sports journalists.

The American media-no surprise.  They are always trying to make the world think we are the bullys.  As I said before, have they seen a European soccer match?  Those fans make our Ryder cup a-holes look like alter boys
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2016, 08:13:41 PM »

It's not a media conspiracy.   No one has ever heard European fans, on a live TV feed, telling an American player to go suck a ****.    You've never heard European fans yelling expletives while an American is over a putt.     The endless, mindless 'baba-booies' were in response to something written by the brother of Danny Willett, but that doesn't make the people yelling them any less moronic.     We may hear European fans yell that weak assed BS going forward, but if so, this was the start.     
    FWIW, it was better today.    But Saturday was a new, all-time low.       Going forward, they need to stop serving alcohol at these things.    And as a fan, cheer loud, be passionate, don't make yourself part of the story.    Because it is rarely in a good way.     Though that guy coming out of the crowd to make a putt was pretty cool.   

edit:   After some contemplation......99% of the fans were exactly what they were supposed to be.  Passionate, loud, enthusiastic.   1% gave the rest a bad name.   
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 12:29:25 PM by tower912 »