[Today at 11:28:28 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Its DJOver
[Today at 10:43:07 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: US Economy thread  (Read 15682 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: US Economy thread
« Reply #575 on: Today at 10:29:55 AM »
goose-

thank you for the clarity!  knowing you and how you've done business in that part of the globe, I completely respect your point of view. 

correct me if i'm wrong however-regardless of whatever deal was struck with foxconn, my understanding is foxconn got the land and infrastructure to locate on BUT would not realize any thing unless they met certain hiring criteria...which they did not

yes, wisconsin was sitting on a big piece of land all set up for business, great access to the freeway and proximity to milwaukee, madison and chicago

tell me what's wrong with that except the fact that they do not have the tenant they expected?   now a company such as microsoft comes along and goes-hey, the table is set here

maybe not the way many wanted it to be, but the investment in infrastructure will pay off

hell if it's money they could've used elsewhere?  this state should be in pretty good shape if they can afford to keep a few billion tax payer dollars in the bank rather than giving it back to those of us who over paid
Rocket :
You are correct the investment in infrastructure is sound.

In large scale real estate developments, which is essentially what this was, often times it’s the second or even third owner who makes out best .

I take out the noise from politics . What Wisconsin did was create the foundation to compete on a National/Global level for projects . If it took a Foxconn to get the ball rolling  in at The State level so be it . No harm no foul.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #576 on: Today at 10:36:29 AM »
Rocket :

In large scale real estate developments, which is essentially what this was, often times it’s the second or even third owner who makes out best .

I take out the noise from politics . What Wisconsin did was create the foundation to compete on a National/Global level for projects . If it took a Foxconn to get the ball rolling  in at The State level so be it . No harm no foul.

Pretty brain dead take here.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #577 on: Today at 10:39:26 AM »
Rocket :

Wisconsin taxpayers have paid more than $1 billion to create an infrastructure for which, they were promised, would bring them at least 13,000 permanent jobs.
Instead, they're getting a couple thousand temporary construction jobs and about 2,000 permanent gigs. The economic benefits of those jobs will never come close to matching the taxpayers' investment.
The people of Wisconsin were ripped off.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #578 on: Today at 10:47:07 AM »
Rocket :

Good lord, you’re an idiot
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #579 on: Today at 10:53:19 AM »
Rocket :

There has been harm.

And Wisconsin was getting increasingly better for business long before Foxconn.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #580 on: Today at 12:34:54 PM »
Rocket :

Absurd. Had Foxconn been brokered by Evers/Biden and had the exact results that happened happened, you'd be rising from the dead to proclaim it an excellent failure that hurt Wisconsin excellently, and the dentists would be waxing poetic about ice cream and diapers.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson